MrSmokey
MrSmokey Reader
7/16/19 2:53 p.m.

Stay cool guys ... might not be Death Valley hot but 96 degrees is still pretty hot out here in western Oklahoma 

z31maniac
z31maniac MegaDork
7/16/19 2:55 p.m.
MrSmokey said:

Stay cool guys ... might not be Death Valley hot but 96 degrees is still pretty hot out here in western Oklahoma 

My phone says 99* right now in NW OKC. Probably the "heat island" effect. 

Have to be very careful with the puppers. We only let them out for less than 5 minutes at a time in this heat. 

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH MegaDork
7/16/19 3:07 p.m.

The June that just went past was the hottest June on record, and the second-hottest was from just 2 years ago. Would somebody tell the Illuminati scientists to turn down the heat on their weather machine!? We get it already! devil

RacetruckRon
RacetruckRon HalfDork
7/16/19 3:11 p.m.

It's supposed to be 97° here in Southern Wisconsin on Friday. It was -30° 5 months ago...

mr2s2000elise
mr2s2000elise HalfDork
7/16/19 3:33 p.m.

74F and perfect here 

barefootskater
barefootskater Dork
7/16/19 3:40 p.m.

I'd take 96. On the flipside, winters here are amazing. Often mid 60s in February

FuzzWuzzy
FuzzWuzzy Reader
7/16/19 3:40 p.m.

Wife just sent a picture of our area under heat advisory from today to Saturday night.

We didn't even have a spring longer than two weeks this year, again. I'm expecting another very short fall before we're right in to winter...

Woody
Woody MegaDork
7/16/19 3:44 p.m.

I refuse to complain. You don't have to shovel heat.

bmw88rider
bmw88rider SuperDork
7/16/19 3:48 p.m.

You know it's hot during the day here but lows in the 50's so 0 complaints here. Especially after being in TX before. :) 

captdownshift
captdownshift PowerDork
7/16/19 3:50 p.m.

I want the daylight and lack of bleakness of Georgia or south, with the temperatures of the north. 

It's not the cold of a mid Atlantic winter that kills me, it's in the 40s most of the time, it's the fact that you have 4-6 hours to take advantage of it. 

Duke
Duke MegaDork
7/16/19 3:56 p.m.

Autocross on Saturday in Aberdeen, MD, so I've started obsessively monitoring the various forecasts.

Lowest predicted temperature is 96dF; highest is 99dF - with full sun.

If that forecast doesn't moderate by Thursday afternoon, I'm postponing the event.  This is supposed to be fun, not purgatory.

infinitenexus
infinitenexus New Reader
7/16/19 4:40 p.m.
Duke said:

Autocross on Saturday in Aberdeen, MD, so I've started obsessively monitoring the various forecasts.

Lowest predicted temperature is 96dF; highest is 99dF - with full sun.

If that forecast doesn't moderate by Thursday afternoon, I'm postponing the event.  This is supposed to be fun, not purgatory.

My weather app says 101 for Baltimore this Saturday.  Stay hydrated!

Also it was 90 in Anchorage, Alaska the other day and the water in the gulf of mexico was 92.  It's getting hotter every year.  This planet is melting!

Dusterbd13-michael
Dusterbd13-michael MegaDork
7/16/19 4:58 p.m.

97. And i have to mow 

I volunteered to do early Saturday morning setup fpr the autocross this weekend so i can bounce before the heat kills me. Hopefully xp will run early. 

captdownshift
captdownshift PowerDork
7/16/19 5:05 p.m.

In reply to infinitenexus :

92 degree water temperature is going to be a problem. From lack of O2 in the water at that temperature, to the rapid development of hurricanes the likes of we haven't seen, it'll be trouble. 

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy UltimaDork
7/16/19 5:08 p.m.
MrSmokey said:

... might not be Death Valley hot

We did Death Valley last year.  

RevRico
RevRico PowerDork
7/16/19 5:10 p.m.

I'd be perfectly fine with the 90 degree days if they didn't come with 150% humidity. Just walking outside is like getting hit with a shovel.

I berkeleying miss NorCal.

Just sucks I have so much to do outside, and it's either below zero, raining like mad, or so humid you can cut the air with a knife, none of those options make getting things done easy. 

Wally
Wally MegaDork
7/16/19 6:06 p.m.

In reply to Woody :

I’ll take this over snow any day.  

When did heat become an excuse to stop dressing like adults.  I had to go into an office building today for a meeting, which was air conditioned to a perfectly chilly temp and grown men were walking around in flip flops and short shorts looking like they’re headed to a Jimmy Buffet concert.  Because of the a/c they also have on sweaters and are whining about the cold. I know not to expect to see anyone else with a tie but is looking somewhat professional too much to ask? 

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
1zMXGHOhJtxpSS5NnFXapN6ZsfnXLF1Dzgdn2iTR6ILdYd9QFlcDABDHRDuai33c