1 2 3
Racer1ab
Racer1ab New Reader
8/26/09 4:01 a.m.

So, it's official...Forza 3 will have...a 1994 Mazda Miata!

That is all.

Racer1ab
Racer1ab New Reader
8/26/09 4:14 a.m.

Gratuitous Miata racing shot!

Racer1ab
Racer1ab New Reader
8/26/09 4:16 a.m.

And my personal favorite, never before seen in a mainstream console racing game...the 1993 Mustang Cobra R!

maroon92
maroon92 SuperDork
8/26/09 5:36 a.m.

Cool...but i will still get GT5...

DirtyBird222
DirtyBird222 Dork
8/26/09 7:24 a.m.
maroon92 wrote: Cool...but i will still get GT5...

Sorry, have fun with the NASCAR addition to the game.

confuZion3
confuZion3 SuperDork
8/26/09 7:53 a.m.
Racer1ab wrote: And my personal favorite, never before seen in a mainstream console racing game...the 1993 Mustang Cobra R!

OH MY GOD! Why hasn't this been in a racing game before? They didn't even put it in Ford Racing (for PS2). They put a berkeleying F-350 in it though.

Finally!

confuZion3
confuZion3 SuperDork
8/26/09 8:12 a.m.

Can you turn the Miata into a locost?

Rusty_Rabbit84
Rusty_Rabbit84 Dork
8/26/09 8:23 a.m.

im waiting for a racing game in which you have to buy a race shop, and buy a rig...

Ian F
Ian F HalfDork
8/26/09 8:28 a.m.
Rusty_Rabbit84 wrote: im waiting for a racing game in which you have to buy a race shop, and buy a rig...

That'll be "F-1: The RPG!" Where 99% of the game will have nothing to do with cars, but instead deal mostly with money and politics...

Tom Heath
Tom Heath Marketing / Club Coordinator
8/26/09 10:13 a.m.

If you look closely, the 94 Miata appears to be an R-package car...

I'm excited about this game. The multiplayer options are supposed to make spec-type racing much easier, and the new courses are very promising too.

Joe Gearin
Joe Gearin Associate Publisher
8/26/09 10:25 a.m.

I had a chance to preview FM3 during my recent trip to L.A. The graphics are nearly photo-realistic, and the tracks are pretty impressive too. The car selection is pretty amazing. (from Diesel Audi racecars, to Miatas) We'll be getting a "fully baked" version of the game here soon to test, but so far, it looks pretty promising.

I may have to break down and buy/ build a sim setup.

jpod999
jpod999 Reader
8/26/09 10:33 a.m.
Joe Gearin wrote: I had a chance to preview FM3 during my recent trip to L.A. The graphics are nearly photo-realistic, and the tracks are pretty impressive too. The car selection is pretty amazing. (from Diesel Audi racecars, to Miatas) We'll be getting a "fully baked" version of the game here soon to test, but so far, it looks pretty promising. I may have to break down and buy/ build a sim setup.

Is Infineon going to be in the lineup?

z31maniac
z31maniac Dork
8/26/09 10:46 a.m.

I may finally buy a 360.

GT5 Prologue, just, didn't seem fun.

RossD
RossD HalfDork
8/26/09 12:23 p.m.

Why limit yourself to just one racing franchise? Buy both!

Joe Gearin
Joe Gearin Associate Publisher
8/26/09 1:33 p.m.
jpod999 wrote:
Joe Gearin wrote: I had a chance to preview FM3 during my recent trip to L.A. The graphics are nearly photo-realistic, and the tracks are pretty impressive too. The car selection is pretty amazing. (from Diesel Audi racecars, to Miatas) We'll be getting a "fully baked" version of the game here soon to test, but so far, it looks pretty promising. I may have to break down and buy/ build a sim setup.

Yes, I believe it will be, although I'm not 100% positive. I'll have to check my notes. When I played the game, they had me on a few wicked "fictional" tracks.

confuZion3
confuZion3 SuperDork
8/26/09 1:53 p.m.
Joe Gearin wrote: I may have to break down and buy/ build a sim setup.

When I move to the south I will do that. For now, I live in an apartment. I'm lucky enough to have a locked garage in which to park both my Miata (a 1994!) and my bike. Oh, and a bathroom that isn't in a common hallway. And lasers.

Wait. What was I talking about again?

jpod999
jpod999 Reader
8/26/09 3:25 p.m.
Joe Gearin wrote:
jpod999 wrote:
Yes, I believe it will be, although I'm not 100% positive. I'll have to check my notes. When I played the game, they had me on a few wicked "fictional" tracks.

Sick! That's one of my gripes with FM2, not enough tracks. Other than that it's an awesome sim, I feel like it has surpassed GT4.

confuZion3
confuZion3 SuperDork
8/26/09 3:32 p.m.

I was disappointed with GT4. They inserted some control to prevent you from doing doughnuts. Go try them in GT3. Then do it in GT4. You'll see what I mean. I don't know why that aggrivated me, but it did. I think they did it intentionally, perhaps that's why I was annoyed. I'll still buy a PS3 for GT5 though.

thedude
thedude Reader
8/26/09 5:24 p.m.

I hate gran turismo. a while back a freind and i were playing it and made an 800 hp viper that couldnt break the rear end loose.....what?

confuZion3
confuZion3 SuperDork
8/26/09 5:32 p.m.

I've never driven a car in Gran Turismo that couldn't break the rear tires loose. Even the lowly little Miata could do it (pretty accurately too). You have to hold the parking brake button while you rev the engine with that Viper, but I owned all the Vipers in GT3 and GT4 (multiple copies of each) and I never had a problem roasting the rear tires on command.

confuZion3
confuZion3 SuperDork
8/26/09 5:33 p.m.

Sorry. I just had to post that again. It's SO BEAUTIFUL! It is already my favorite game. Where has this car been?!

Salanis
Salanis SuperDork
8/26/09 5:40 p.m.

1994 Miata! Yay!

I hope they include Infineon in their tracks, too. I'd love if they included T-Hill, but I know no console racer ever will.

Salanis
Salanis SuperDork
8/26/09 5:43 p.m.
confuZion3 wrote: I was disappointed with GT4. They inserted some control to prevent you from doing doughnuts. Go try them in GT3. Then do it in GT4. You'll see what I mean. I don't know why that aggrivated me, but it did. I think they did it intentionally, perhaps that's why I was annoyed. I'll still buy a PS3 for GT5 though.

Try that in Toca 3. I screwed up a race, gave up, and just did donuts until my tires eSPLODEeeed. Then I continued to do donuts for a while on just the rims, throwing sparks everywhere.

Racer1ab
Racer1ab New Reader
8/26/09 6:10 p.m.
confuZion3 wrote: Sorry. I just had to post that again. It's SO BEAUTIFUL! It is already my favorite game. Where has this car been?!

Lol, and once more for good measure. I set it as the background on my computer, note the modeled seatbelt and dome light! Simply incredible.

I really hope this game lives up to the hype, but time will tell. There is even supposed to be an accurate model of tire deflection in this version!

confuZion3
confuZion3 SuperDork
8/26/09 6:20 p.m.
Racer1ab wrote:

I can't wait to hear that uncorked 5.0 motor blast its sweet, sweet soundtrack into my living room. 5,900 RPMs of pure sechts.

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
Vcjy2zoEkWsmpCzR66ShliSFN62XYJpnnIUNpoHFHBPdRlmlJ9t0vuozjHMJfCBK