1 2 3
ZOOMX5
ZOOMX5 None
8/27/09 3:48 p.m.

I hated the fact they only had the mazdaspeed roadster in Forza2. I wanted a NA miata so bad. They had every civic model from EG hatch on in the darn game. I am glad the NA is getting recognized as a good sports car by being included in Forza3. Plus it's a 94 just like mine!!! Can't wait to get sideways on laguna seca.

Rusnak_322
Rusnak_322 Reader
8/27/09 4:03 p.m.

any good write ups or how to's on making a gaming rig? I know there was something in a past GRM, but I am more interested in making the seat, wheel and pedal platform. Preferably something light weight and easy to fold or store.

I am picking up a seat tonight and want to build something for my X-box controller.

SupraWes
SupraWes Dork
8/27/09 4:07 p.m.
DirtyBird222 wrote: more images

OMFG I have not been following FM3 news, but they just got a must buy from me! It's an 84 with the ugly sunshade but I will survive, at least its a P-type with flares!

griffin729
griffin729 Reader
8/27/09 5:24 p.m.

In reply to friedgreencorrado:

I tried to send you an e-mail to give you a couple screen shots for the braking points on NY Reverse, but I bounced off your spam blocker. The brake points I use are the crosswalks. On the front straight there is a big one right at the bridge. Depending on the car I hit the brakes anywhere from the front edge or a little before all the way to the bridge itself. Back straight cross walks too, there are two close together then a gap to a third right at the shadow line. U-class Saleen it's at the first 2, in a Lotus at the third. A C-class race on Trial Mountain would rock.

DirtyBird222
DirtyBird222 Dork
8/27/09 5:27 p.m.

there is a company i have to go find the link, that makes wheels that work with the xbox and are replica porsche 911 wheels and have a bungle to work with ps3s and computers as well

SupraWes
SupraWes Dork
8/27/09 7:29 p.m.
DirtyBird222 wrote: there is a company i have to go find the link, that makes wheels that work with the xbox and are replica porsche 911 wheels and have a bungle to work with ps3s and computers as well

Fanatec, its a great wheel according to "Inside Sim Racing" the youtube show (subscribe its a good watch). http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2qvaIK7prCg They say its more precise than a G25. The cool thing is their system is very modular and upgradeable, you can get some really cool pedal systems and the dongle that makes it work on Playstation and PC's.

www.fanatec.com

Rusnak_322
Rusnak_322 Reader
8/27/09 7:43 p.m.

I just picked this up for a race chair - http://cleveland.craigslist.org/pts/1330938348.html

It is new, has the sliders and I got it for $35

I need to come up with a design to mount the wheel and pedals. I want it adjustable. I usually way over build things and don't want to end up with a 200lb set up.

I did find http://forum.racesimcentral.com/forumdisplay.php?f=186&order=desc&page=2 but I haven't had a chance to look it over yet.

friedgreencorrado
friedgreencorrado HalfDork
8/27/09 10:29 p.m.
griffin729 wrote: In reply to friedgreencorrado: I tried to send you an e-mail to give you a couple screen shots for the braking points on NY Reverse, but I bounced off your spam blocker. The brake points I use are the crosswalks. On the front straight there is a big one right at the bridge. Depending on the car I hit the brakes anywhere from the front edge or a little before all the way to the bridge itself. Back straight cross walks too, there are two close together then a gap to a third right at the shadow line. U-class Saleen it's at the first 2, in a Lotus at the third. A C-class race on Trial Mountain would rock.

I work evenings, and get home about 11p ET. You're now in my "accepted" box..

friedgreencorrado
8/27/09 10:38 p.m.
dyintorace wrote:
Tom Heath wrote: We've done a few video game articles in the past, way back in the Gran Turismo 2 / 3 era. We're going to have a review of FM3 when it comes out, but maybe it's time for a fresh feature on the subject of games / sims.
That would be a neat article. I don't know enough to understand the nuances between games and sims but am interested in learning. I know some games allow multiplayer online options as well. It would be great to learn what gaming systems, with great racing options, are out there. Options for rigs would be nice too.

I guess the easiest way to describe it is that a game is less realistic, but easier to play on a whim. A sim is trying to be as realistic as it can be.

IOW, a game is what you play when you're drinking, and a sim is what you play when you're serious. One of the reasons I know the physical modeling is better in FM2 than GT4 is that in Forza, I've got no buisness being in an LMP after 5 beers. In GT4, I've been the Drunk Driving World Champion.

friedgreencorrado
8/27/09 10:44 p.m.
Tom Heath wrote:
rebelgtp wrote: Hmmm I think I'm going to go play Forza 2. Hey on a related note what is a good steering wheel setup for the 360?
That's the big sticking point for me. The Microsoft wheel isn't very good, and regular USB / Logitech wheels don't work. Fanatec makes a sweet looking wheel, but I haven't tried it yet.

I'll have to agree on this one. A buddy of mine let me use his MS wheel, and it feels like the one I used to play "Indycar Racing 2" in 1996. I much prefer the Logitech. The one I bought for GT4 actuallly did a pretty good job when I played GTR2 & Race 07 (which I'd still be playing if I had a better PC).

griffin729
griffin729 Reader
8/27/09 10:58 p.m.

Yeah I've got the MS wheel. I play with the normal 360 controller. But, I think the Fanatec cockpit with the three screen setup and a good wheel would be the awesome.

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
TcLTwJ8JSJdKwwOQjVLaoflRBznUMniKdeeW5tza5H86FeekElyZUGDfiIKBPO48