1 2
oldsaw
oldsaw UltimaDork
11/13/18 12:03 p.m.

West-central PA got an inch of snow last Thursday night. We got another dusting last night with 3-5 inches expected later this week. Let it be known, whom ever decided to cancel fall in exchange for an extra 5 weeks of winter; you suck.

At least I was able to rake and bag the leaves from the front yard. The official trash bag count is 40 30gal bags and 7 39gal bags. The back yard is about 25% covered and I don't know if the weather is going to allow for raking them up. It's likely, weather permitting, the lawn mower will be used to obliterate them into a thick layer of mulch.

crankwalk
crankwalk SuperDork
11/13/18 12:11 p.m.

We hit 40 in Anchorage yesterday. Back to teens by the end of the week. The Pineapple Express you know.

Toyman01
Toyman01 MegaDork
11/13/18 12:15 p.m.

We are still in the mid 60s. The front should blow through today and put us in the mid 50s for the rest of the week. 

paranoid_android
paranoid_android UltraDork
11/13/18 12:58 p.m.
Grtechguy said:

Flurries here, but...no one is noticing.

It does seem a bit early for snow like this (to me).

californiamilleghia
californiamilleghia Reader
11/13/18 1:04 p.m.

70F , clear but air is bad from the fires up in Malibu , 

A few new fires started up today , small ones and the helicopters did water drops and put the large areas out.....

The next bad thing will be the rains and the mudslides  hopefully not as bad as Santa Barbara last year , 

Stay safe 

iceracer
iceracer UltimaDork
11/13/18 1:50 p.m.

Snow, rain, snow,rain here in upstate NY.   More snow above 1000 ft.

Guess it's time to get the snow blower out.

ultraclyde
ultraclyde PowerDork
11/13/18 2:00 p.m.
llysgennad said:

Cold in Kansas, 16F this morning with a dusting of snow again. Our first snow was Oct 14th, which nearly set a record for earliest. We've already had about 5 inches this fall.

WTF?? I had NO idea Kansas was that cold. I'll just take that off my list right now.

MadScientistMatt
MadScientistMatt PowerDork
11/13/18 2:21 p.m.

Here in Atlanta, well, you know that Guns and Roses song? "Nothing lasts forever, even cold November rain?" We're getting the sort of weather that inspired that line. I'm not sure if we will run out of November or rain first.

llysgennad
llysgennad New Reader
11/13/18 2:51 p.m.
ultraclyde said:
llysgennad said:

Cold in Kansas, 16F this morning with a dusting of snow again. Our first snow was Oct 14th, which nearly set a record for earliest. We've already had about 5 inches this fall.

WTF?? I had NO idea Kansas was that cold. I'll just take that off my list right now.

Kansas weather is...fickle. Actual weather screen shot from LAST YEAR.

llysgennad
llysgennad New Reader
11/13/18 3:08 p.m.

But really, it's lovely here. I've started calling it the New Hawaii.

Furious_E
Furious_E SuperDork
11/13/18 6:32 p.m.

South Central PA is forecast for some sort of crappy mix on Thursday. I've gone from last week thinking "hmm, I should THINK about putting the snow tires on SOON," to this week "I NEED to put them on NOW!"

RevRico
RevRico UberDork
11/13/18 6:36 p.m.

We've had a few flurries but nothing sticking yet. Just below 30 most nights and lots of freezing rain. 

I still have Windows to plastic over. It's such a weird time of year. Need the pellet stove to keep from freezing, but even on its lowest setting it's to damn hot in here to have everything fully sealed up. 

drainoil
drainoil HalfDork
11/13/18 7:39 p.m.

Lots of cold all over. Anyone remember the frozen Midwest winters of 1976/ 1977? They were talking about an ice age coming back then. 

Matthew Kennedy
Matthew Kennedy Reader
11/13/18 7:55 p.m.

49 degrees and partly cloudy here in beautiful Redmond, WA.

bmw88rider
bmw88rider SuperDork
11/13/18 9:07 p.m.

Got about 6" over the weekend. Finally broke above freezing today with some nice warm sun. Suppose to be 54 tomorrow and then more snow this weekend. Colorado has had a lot of snow already. The resorts are loving it. Hope for good skiing this year. 

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
11/14/18 12:06 a.m.

ProDarwin
ProDarwin PowerDork
11/14/18 12:26 a.m.
mazdeuce - Seth said:

It just started showing on the north side of Houston. Just weird little snow chunk things, but snow here this early is super weird. How is everyone up north doing?

I flew to Dallas today.  It was colder there than here in NC, where it is currently abnormally cold.  My rental car* had iced up mirrors.

*a Charger with the Super Track Pack or whatever.  It was kinda neat.  I wanted to hate the 4000lb beast but it impressed me.

Knurled.
Knurled. MegaDork
11/14/18 6:13 a.m.
dropstep said:

This part of Ohio is dry. We had one snow were like half an inch stuck too the grass. I moved here expecting more snow and we get less then MD these days. I love snow

You need to have moved closer to the lake, over to the east of the Cuyahoga, where the shoreline starts going north and makes a kind of natural skatepark ramp for the Canadian air that picked up a ton of moisture from blowing east across the lake.

Our weather forecasts (Cleveland) can be funny.  A light dusting on the west side, feet of snow on the east side.

It's also not unusual to drive south across a panoramic view of white everywhere, then cross the divide between the Great Lakes and Ohio River watersheds, and then it's green everywhere.

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
11/14/18 7:37 a.m.
Pete Gossett said:
Mndsm said:

80 and sunny.  We might get some fall this weekend. 

I really should have pushed for FL over MS...

It’s supposed to drop to 33 tonight, but I’ll be surprised if it dips that low at our house. 

The weather is nice sometimes and there are many grm friendly people. 

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
exfSgCdLMEKpNHqa2qKWXPV6xYfq4wSlTx7vqizfVzHlUVwsFKkhaGrk3LQXWb25