1 2
Adrian_Thompson
Adrian_Thompson MegaDork
9/12/18 9:46 a.m.

I know Tom Spangler and Gearheaddotaku (Jeff) are interested.  I'm thinking next Weds or Thurs Sept.19th or 20th at Griffen Claw for decent food, great beer and a nice atmosphere.

Anyone else in?

Tom_Spangler
Tom_Spangler PowerDork
9/12/18 10:12 a.m.

I'll need to talk to the boss about those dates, but I'm tentatively in.

DeadSkunk
DeadSkunk PowerDork
9/12/18 10:34 a.m.

I can probably make that. My son will likely come along,too.

Edit: Wednesday won't work, Thursday might if I get back from Toronto early in the day.

Gearheadotaku
Gearheadotaku UltimaDork
9/12/18 3:37 p.m.

Can I show up both days just to be safe?

Adrian_Thompson
Adrian_Thompson MegaDork
9/13/18 1:13 p.m.

In reply to Gearheadotaku :

Sure, I admire you dedication to the cause!!!

OK, let's hone in on next Weds Sept. 19th.

So far we have two yes votes, myself and Jeff.  We also have two possible maybes in Tom Spangler and DeadSkunk (sorry, I know we've met several times, I just suck at names and don't recall the real you!)

Anyone else out there or is it just myself and Jeff, which happens from time to time anyway!

WilD
WilD Dork
9/13/18 2:14 p.m.

You can put me down as a maybe.  It's very close to home but I feel socially awkward when meeting new people.

Tom_Spangler
Tom_Spangler PowerDork
9/13/18 2:37 p.m.
WilD said:

You can put me down as a maybe.  It's very close to home but I feel socially awkward when meeting new people.

We're a pretty friendly bunch, and don't forget, there will be alcohol to take care of any anxiety! laugh

NOHOME
NOHOME UltimaDork
9/13/18 2:58 p.m.

Is it just me that can no longer read the word "Berkley" without mentally re-translating?cheeky

Adrian_Thompson
Adrian_Thompson MegaDork
9/13/18 3:17 p.m.
WilD said:

Please join us, don't worry we don't bite much and as a group of generally like minded geeks we are easy to talk with, or just chill and listen.  Hope you make it.

Adrian_Thompson
Adrian_Thompson MegaDork
9/13/18 3:20 p.m.
NOHOME said:

Is it just me that can no longer read the word "Berkley" without mentally re-translating?cheeky

Nope, even the rest of my family now know, understand and even use Berkley even though they've never been on GRM. There is one set of double traffic lights on 12 mile in Berkley that catches you out from time to time.  I've been known to utter out loud 'I berklying hate Berkley' when it happens.

Are you thinking of joining us?  If so you may be the guest of honor for your builds.

BTW, as you're from London, do you know 'the Church Key Bistro-Pub'  I love that place.  We go too and from Toronto several times a year and always stop there for dinner if we can.

HippieWagon
HippieWagon Reader
9/14/18 8:51 a.m.

Im sold, sounds like a great time!

Adrian_Thompson
Adrian_Thompson MegaDork
9/14/18 9:16 a.m.
HippieWagon said:

Im sold, sounds like a great time!

Cool.  I don't think I've met you before.  Looking forward to it..

NOHOME
NOHOME UltimaDork
9/14/18 12:51 p.m.
Adrian_Thompson said:
NOHOME said:

Nope, even the rest of my family now know, understand and even use Berkley even though they've never been on GRM. There is one set of double traffic lights on 12 mile in Berkley that catches you out from time to time.  I've been known to utter out loud 'I berklying hate Berkley' when it happens.

Are you thinking of joining us?  If so you may be the guest of honor for your builds.

BTW, as you're from London, do you know 'the Church Key Bistro-Pub'  I love that place.  We go too and from Toronto several times a year and always stop there for dinner if we can.

The distance is not a detriment, the ability to get home legally would pose a problem!

The Churchkey is my go-o brunch location for when I am treating family.  The coffee and bread basket are worth the price of admission.

Pete

pilotbraden
pilotbraden UltraDork
9/14/18 1:22 p.m.

I will put my hat in the ring as a definite maybe. Or as my grandfather will say " God willing and the crick don't rise above the bank" .

PMRacing
PMRacing SuperDork
9/14/18 2:07 p.m.

Definite maybe. Scheduling is a bit messy next week. 

wawazat
wawazat Reader
9/14/18 4:17 p.m.

Great idea Adrian especially being local to us!  See you all there. 

HippieWagon
HippieWagon Reader
9/16/18 11:30 a.m.

In reply to Adrian_Thompson :

Yeah, Im mostly an idle lurker on here, but i built a few challenge cars with Wreck Racing and have a pile of broken ACVWs.

chandler
chandler PowerDork
9/16/18 11:38 a.m.

I’m in Indy this week, maybe next time.

Adrian_Thompson
Adrian_Thompson MegaDork
9/17/18 7:08 a.m.

Sweet, While I've been gone for the weekend it looks like a few more have tossed their hats in the ring.  See you all Wednesday.

WilD
WilD Dork
9/17/18 11:49 a.m.

OK, so my understanding is that this is Wed. Sept. 19th at Griffin Claw in BHam.  What time will you guys be showing up and how will I spot you in the crowd?

Tom_Spangler
Tom_Spangler PowerDork
9/17/18 12:52 p.m.
WilD said:

OK, so my understanding is that this is Wed. Sept. 19th at Griffin Claw in BHam.  What time will you guys be showing up and how will I spot you in the crowd?

I don't have any GRM shirts at the moment, so look for a fat guy with short brown hair in a gray Porsche 944 shirt.

As for time, I dunno. 6pm?

PMRacing
PMRacing SuperDork
9/17/18 1:15 p.m.

Was a maybe now a "gotta bail". Kiddo and Dr. appointment duties.  Hopefully next time!

Adrian_Thompson
Adrian_Thompson MegaDork
9/17/18 3:00 p.m.

6:00pm seems good.

I'll wear something distinctive.

Adrian_Thompson
Adrian_Thompson MegaDork
9/19/18 7:26 a.m.

So, whats the current tally for tonight?  I see:

Adrian Thompson

Tom Spangler

DeadSkunk

Gearheadotaku (Jeff)

Hippiewagon

WilD

Wawazet

With the following as possible maybes 

Pilotbradon

NoHome as the longest of all longshots

See you all at 6:00ish

classicJackets
classicJackets HalfDork
9/19/18 7:49 a.m.

Classic.  Out of town for work this week of all weeks. Sorry to miss you guys,  I'll look forward to the next one!

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
ELUaOWbyfJ4cEzVp00mjPEVoFlwgLh5QVXUZZskGzxDiKz2V0frbozhhEbtCMzvM