10/3/11 10:04 a.m.
DoctorBlade
DoctorBlade Dork
10/3/11 10:11 a.m.

He really can lay it on, can't he?

cardiacdog
cardiacdog Reader
10/3/11 10:32 a.m.

Two thumbs up. His voice is so easy to recognize now that it's almost iconic.

Joshua
Joshua HalfDork
10/3/11 12:41 p.m.

Well delivered speech...

ReverendDexter
ReverendDexter SuperDork
10/3/11 12:45 p.m.

corytate
corytate HalfDork
10/3/11 2:08 p.m.

god i love v12 noises

T.J.
T.J. SuperDork
10/3/11 2:25 p.m.

I watched the whole thing despite that irritating voice. I almost stopped it after the first few syllables, but soldiered on.

Twin_Cam
Twin_Cam SuperDork
10/3/11 2:52 p.m.

Too bad I'll never play that game. Good job on the commercial/ad for it, though.

SyntheticBlinkerFluid
SyntheticBlinkerFluid Dork
10/3/11 3:40 p.m.

In reply to T.J.:

Why'd you bother watching it if you don't Jeremy Clarksons voice?

T.J.
T.J. SuperDork
10/3/11 10:06 p.m.

Was hoping to learn something about the game........but that didn't work out for me either. The commercial was sorta funny, but from what I gather the game is being targeted as an alternative to folks who randomly get the keys to an expensive car then drive like a loon in a busy city and end up trying to outrun the cops. I have made it over 40 years and haven't ever been the focal point of a high speed police chase. Guess I'll stick with the PS3 for now.

Gearheadotaku
Gearheadotaku Dork
10/3/11 10:41 p.m.

So true, so very true.

racerfink
racerfink Dork
10/3/11 11:53 p.m.
T.J. wrote: Was hoping to learn something about the game........but that didn't work out for me either. The commercial was sorta funny, but from what I gather the game is being targeted as an alternative to folks who randomly get the keys to an expensive car then drive like a loon in a busy city and end up trying to outrun the cops. I have made it over 40 years and haven't ever been the focal point of a high speed police chase. Guess I'll stick with the PS3 for now.

You can keep your GT5, cause you missed the point of that commercial entirely.

Xceler8x
Xceler8x SuperDork
10/4/11 9:25 a.m.

That commercial was pretty awesome. Not because of the game but because of what was said. All true.

Salanis
Salanis SuperDork
10/4/11 12:01 p.m.
Xceler8x wrote: That commercial was pretty awesome. Not because of the game but because of what was said. All true.

Except that I heard the final message as: "You will never actually be able to enjoy the experience of driving a cool car in anger. The only place you can come close is playing a video game on the couch."

As much as I love Forza, it is a meager substitute for the real thing.

It did make me want to go to the track and hoon though.

Oh, and I hope they finally allow cross-polinated engine swaps. I really want to be able to shove LSx engines into small Japanese cars.

T.J.
T.J. SuperDork
10/4/11 12:19 p.m.

In reply to racerfink:

I got the point they were trying to make. I agree with the entiment, just not the execution. Thanks for letting me keep my own property though.

racerfink
racerfink Dork
10/4/11 5:02 p.m.

And being a fanboy had nothing to do with it?

SyntheticBlinkerFluid
10/4/11 6:47 p.m.
Salanis wrote:
Xceler8x wrote: That commercial was pretty awesome. Not because of the game but because of what was said. All true.
Except that I heard the final message as: "You will never actually be able to enjoy the experience of driving a cool car in anger. The only place you can come close is playing a video game on the couch." As much as I love Forza, it is a meager substitute for the real thing. It did make me want to go to the track and hoon though. Oh, and I hope they finally allow cross-polinated engine swaps. I really want to be able to shove LSx engines into small Japanese cars.

Yes you are correct on the final message, but, most people can afford a $60 video game, not a day at the track with a real car.

Javelin
Javelin SuperDork
10/4/11 6:50 p.m.

It's a little tough to find the required $250 for a track day, plus the expendables let alone the day off to do it, even with owning a car ready to go and the safety gear. Whereas it's super easy to plop down $60 on the game and play for 15 minutes here and there between the baby crying.

Very nice promo video BTW. I agree with the statements they make.

EdenPrime
EdenPrime New Reader
10/4/11 11:09 p.m.

Jeremy Clarkson is awesome. Forza is awesome-er. I cannot wait until this game is out. I love Forza 3 and have spent tons of fun-filled hours playing it. And Forza 4 looks to be even better.

But i don't want the last haven for people who love performance to be in a video game.

Appleseed
Appleseed SuperDork
10/5/11 12:04 a.m.

Clarkson could sell me Tampons.

Grizz
Grizz HalfDork
10/5/11 12:13 a.m.
racerfink wrote: And being a fanboy had nothing to do with it?

Why does the term fanboy have to enter a video game discussion every time someone doesn't like something?

Guess what, I didn't like the video either. Has nothing to do with me liking GT5 more than Forza, and everything to do with it being a stupid video.

Joy, here's Jeremy Clarkson opening his fat gob while some highly paid stunt driver berkeleys around in some unnamed city. Here's a better idea, how about you run a video with the actual car and the game car running laps, cut between the two, and don't tell anyone. No narrators, no overthought bullE36 M3, just show how good the game looks and sounds. That is all that's important.

racerfink
racerfink Dork
10/5/11 1:17 a.m.

Go back and re-read his first post.

There has been plenty of links to photos, new tracks, and 'Under the hood' walkthroughs (most have been on threads on this site) for someone to get a good idea of the game. I have no problem with an ad designed to catch the eye of somebody who hasn't ever played any of the previous iterations of the game and might purchase this game on impulse.

Grizz
Grizz HalfDork
10/5/11 1:27 a.m.

His first post says Clarkson has an irritating voice. His second is that the whole video is essentially pointless, which is correct.

SyntheticBlinkerFluid
10/5/11 1:30 a.m.

Aren't most commercials for video games pointless?

racerfink
racerfink Dork
10/5/11 1:34 a.m.

Excuse me, the 2nd post of his. But you knew that already.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
f4yzG12pbQuoOdWEbBeJAE7eEyWRQvBQyxhZlDJ4UFLy4XKHPcVf6ihI4oRVPyIi