1 2 3
Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy UltraDork
7/8/12 10:17 p.m.

GRM is one of the best forums. A great group of folks.

As I was on another (am I cheating on you'all?) forum some dude jammed me for complaining about him putting on a second fake tailpipe to look like a dual exhaust.

You guys are the best! That is all, back to work.

TRoglodyte
TRoglodyte Dork
7/8/12 10:21 p.m.

I sometimes put a third eye sticker in the middle of my forehead just cause you know it freaks people out, and I think thats bitchin yo.

SyntheticBlinkerFluid
SyntheticBlinkerFluid SuperDork
7/8/12 10:22 p.m.

I think many of us are on multiple car forums, but I have to say that this is still one of the best.

So many people with so many different interest in automotive genres makes a great melting pot.

Trans_Maro
Trans_Maro SuperDork
7/8/12 11:00 p.m.

Fake is lame, you're right, he's an idiot.

Derick Freese
Derick Freese SuperDork
7/9/12 12:33 a.m.

Out of all of the automotive sites I'm a member of, this one is by far the best. The second best is a car section in an urban exploration forum. It's a close second. The auto forums I moderate are full of idiots.

novaderrik
novaderrik SuperDork
7/9/12 3:05 a.m.
Trans_Maro wrote: Fake is lame, you're right, he's an idiot.

so you don't think i should put non functional side pipes on my Camaro then?

jrw1621
jrw1621 PowerDork
7/9/12 3:23 a.m.

In reply to Datsun310Guy:
Hey NEWB, this this topic is old news. USE THE SEARCH.

ddavidv
ddavidv UberDork
7/9/12 6:14 a.m.

I've decided I can judge the quality of a forum by the nature of the OT forum area. GRM scores way up there, as does Corner-Carvers. ADVrider is also a go-to for what I'd call "quality of life" issues. If there are good thinkers posting in the OT forum, then you'll usually get good responses in the tech sections.

Otherwise, you've got NASIOC and Bimmerforums as a suitable contrast.

slefain
slefain SuperDork
7/9/12 6:22 a.m.

I know evil, I hang out on TCL.

fasted58
fasted58 UltraDork
7/9/12 7:00 a.m.

dummy stacks FTW

JThw8
JThw8 UberDork
7/9/12 7:02 a.m.
slefain wrote: I know evil, I hang out on TCL.

Amen

alfadriver
alfadriver PowerDork
7/9/12 7:06 a.m.

I consdiered posting about mitata.net, but that joke was old a year ago.

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH UberDork
7/9/12 7:13 a.m.

I'm on a few. This is the best. Second best that I'm on is SomethingAwful's Automotive Insanity. But it might have more to do with the sign-up fee, strict rules and banhappy mods than naturally cool members as GRM has

slefain
slefain SuperDork
7/9/12 7:47 a.m.
JThw8 wrote:
Amen

I also hang out on the HAMB. Now THAT is a unique group.

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH UberDork
7/9/12 7:49 a.m.

Worst I've ever seen is pirate4x4...holy hell...

N Sperlo
N Sperlo PowerDork
7/9/12 7:57 a.m.

The fake tailpipe is the strap-on of the automotive world. If you have one, you deserve to be flamed. They flamed the wrong person.

JThw8
JThw8 UberDork
7/9/12 8:08 a.m.
slefain wrote:
JThw8 wrote:
Amen
I also hang out on the HAMB. Now THAT is a unique group.

LOL...we frequent a lot of the same places. The HAMB gets interesting but at least it's interesting in a "keeping out the people who don't get it" way as opposed to TLCs embracing of the idiotic masses. Actually if TLC and the HAMB were to cross paths they might explode.

slefain
slefain SuperDork
7/9/12 8:11 a.m.
GameboyRMH wrote: Worst I've ever seen is pirate4x4...holy hell...

QFTT!!!

Holy smokes, heaven help you if you aren't a level 1000 chassis fabricator and post on Pirate4x4. Want to start World War III? Go on Pirate4x4 and ask what kind of lift blocks to use on the front of your truck.

iceracer
iceracer UltraDork
7/9/12 8:16 a.m.

Seems to go with the territory.

I go on two make/model specific sites and since i have or do own both i triy to give advice to neophites.

I have been accused of posting nothing but negative thoughts and on and on.

Jus shrug it off or come back with a funny retort.

What I like about this site is the varied topics that are posted and the broad amount of knowledge and experience .

jonnyd330
jonnyd330 Reader
7/9/12 8:24 a.m.

Yes this forum is the best.

Sky_Render
Sky_Render Reader
7/9/12 8:31 a.m.

The only thing I dislike about one particular forum I go on is the "LEARN TO SEARCH, NOOB!!!!1!!1!!!ONE!" attitude. It takes less effort to answer a simple question than to flame someone for not searching through a decade of threads.

Ranger50
Ranger50 SuperDork
7/9/12 8:50 a.m.

Overall, I would have to toss it up between here, for the left and right action, or www.yellowbullet.com, for going straight and the pr0n. Everywhere else I go is make/model or region specific. I don't expect many here to be into fixing Powerstrokes or liking Rangers, Dakotas, or putting LSx's into anything....

4cylndrfury
4cylndrfury UltimaDork
7/9/12 8:52 a.m.

lol...I love this forum a lot. Ive been a member of many car forums, and this one is easily the most tolerant. G20.net is pretty good, the cars are starting to age pretty significantly, so participation is waning a little. But its kinda nice to be a forum where the majority of owners arent total riceheads (remember kids, rice doesnt have to be Japanese...please see any of the recent "stacks" threads).

thanks for staying cool GRM!

GRM - keeping it cooool since 1984

Rob_Mopar
Rob_Mopar Dork
7/9/12 8:57 a.m.
Ranger50 wrote: Overall, I would have to toss it up between here, for the left and right action, or www.yellowbullet.com, for going straight and the pr0n. Everywhere else I go is make/model or region specific.I don't expect many here to be into fixing Powerstrokes or liking Rangers, Dakotas, or putting LSx's into anything....

That last sentence was sarcastic, right?

Ranger50
Ranger50 SuperDork
7/9/12 9:01 a.m.
Rob_Mopar wrote:
Ranger50 wrote: Overall, I would have to toss it up between here, for the left and right action, or www.yellowbullet.com, for going straight and the pr0n. Everywhere else I go is make/model or region specific.I don't expect many here to be into fixing Powerstrokes or liking Rangers, Dakotas, or putting LSx's into anything....
That last sentence was sarcastic, right?

I'm just saying at times, a Miata isn't an appropriate answer for everything.

I'll trade you a 5.7 Hemi for a 5.3...

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
32CFbgfRiY40t2NZjW2zE9qGRW1pPSJsuonrQCvu7xoB7gw6U0RuI5nwIXg9png6