1 2
Sky_Render
Sky_Render SuperDork
2/21/17 8:46 a.m.

I'll start.

Today, I saw a guy driving a JDM R32 Skyline with his son in a car seat in the back.

justGRMthings

(That was supposed to be a hashtag, dang it.)

RossD
RossD UltimaDork
2/21/17 9:21 a.m.

Trying to explain to your wife why you drive the $30k+ suv in the salty Wisconsin winter, so you can park the $2500 Miata and keep it rust free.

'#justGRMthings

JohnRW1621
JohnRW1621 MegaDork
2/21/17 10:09 a.m.

The newest car in my fleet is a '10 model but the "nicest" is a 27 yr old 1990 model that was once totaled due to hail damage and still wears that hail damage.

'#justGRMthings

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 PowerDork
2/21/17 10:20 a.m.

Im daily driving a 64 el camino because the mazda is broke. Its my most reliable vehicle.

'#justgrmthings

KyAllroad
KyAllroad UberDork
2/21/17 10:35 a.m.

Spent hours and hours of work and spent a couple hundred dollars to be incrementally faster in a parking lot race.

'#justgrmthings

Cooper_Tired
Cooper_Tired HalfDork
2/21/17 10:39 a.m.
RossD wrote: Trying to explain to your wife why you drive the $30k+ suv in the salty Wisconsin winter, so you can park the $2500 Miata and keep it rust free. '#justGRMthings

This!

My wife and I have this discussion every winter on why her flex is in the snow and my fox body gets the garage

Indy-Guy
Indy-Guy Dork
2/21/17 10:58 a.m.

You have six vehicles for two drivers, yet you daily search Craigslist for Miata's, LSx donors, P71's, and turbo Volvos.

'#justgrmthings

Woody
Woody MegaDork
2/21/17 11:05 a.m.
RossD wrote: Trying to explain to your wife why you drive the $30k+ suv in the salty Wisconsin winter, so you can park the $2500 Miata and keep it rust free. '#justGRMthings

I bought a Miata as my winter car.

'#justgrmthings

EastCoastMojo
EastCoastMojo Mod Squad
2/21/17 11:14 a.m.
Indy-Guy wrote: You have six vehicles for two drivers, yet you daily search Craigslist for anything with a manual transmission under $2017, and turbo Volvos.

Adjusted to reflect my own #justgrmthings

JohnRW1621
JohnRW1621 MegaDork
2/21/17 12:21 p.m.
EastCoastMojo wrote:
Indy-Guy wrote: You have six vehicles for two drivers, yet you daily search Craigslist for anything with a manual transmission under $2017, and turbo Volvos.
Adjusted to reflect my own #justgrmthings

To really reflect for you it should also say...

...and while searching for that I actually bought a GM/MoparFrankenTruckKickassMachine!

The0retical
The0retical Dork
2/21/17 12:38 p.m.

The agreement that I have with my wife states that half of all the vehicles I own need to be roadworthy at any given time.

So I keep buying cheap running ones to increase my average.

'#justgrmthings

mazdeuce
mazdeuce UltimaDork
2/21/17 12:54 p.m.

Shopping for car to teach your kids to drive because none of the seven you own are appropriate to put a teen in.
1. Over 500hp.
2. Also over 500 HP and broken.
3. Tow pig.
4. The 911? No.
5. Broken.
6. Broken.
7. Wife's car.

'#justGRMthings

Furious_E
Furious_E Dork
2/21/17 1:58 p.m.

You own 3 cars and a bike and still have to borrow your dad's truck to get to work because none of them currently function.

'#justGRMthings

Kylini
Kylini Dork
2/21/17 1:59 p.m.
Woody wrote:
I bought a Miata as my winter car.

My winter and summer cars are both Miatas.

etifosi
etifosi SuperDork
2/21/17 2:04 p.m.

RevRico
RevRico Dork
2/21/17 2:15 p.m.

Went out to buy tires, came home with another car

"#justGRMthings

ultraclyde
ultraclyde UberDork
2/21/17 2:55 p.m.

My wife enforces a zero sum policy on cars. If one comes in, one must leave. She also tells me "You can't save every one you see. We're not a rescue kennel for cars."

'#justGRMthings

Brett_Murphy
Brett_Murphy PowerDork
2/21/17 3:00 p.m.

When a quick trip to the junkyard turns into an all day event because you keep finding interesting cars or interesting things in cars.

Bonus points if you come back with parts for cars you don't even own.

maschinenbau
maschinenbau HalfDork
2/21/17 3:06 p.m.
mazdeuce wrote: Shopping for car to teach your kids to drive because none of the seven you own are appropriate to put a teen in. 1. Over 500hp. 2. Also over 500 HP and broken. 3. Tow pig. 4. The 911? No. 5. Broken. 6. Broken. 7. Wife's car. '#justGRMthings

I thought the 911 was Deucewife's car?

RossD
RossD UltimaDork
2/21/17 3:08 p.m.
RevRico wrote: Went out to buy tires, came home with another car "#justGRMthings

Did it have tires on it? If so, I don't see the problem

'#justGRMthings

RevRico
RevRico Dork
2/21/17 3:14 p.m.

In reply to RossD:

It did. 2 bald 2 good. I actually bought it because I just wanted the wheels for it's twin that I was buying tires for.

Now it's sitting in the classifieds getting ready to go on CL untouched.

Just last summer a family friend took his jeep to the dealer for an oil change and came home in a new Silverado. Not very grm, but in line with some of our decisions.

dropstep
dropstep Dork
2/21/17 3:42 p.m.
Cooper_Tired wrote:
This! My wife and I have this discussion every winter on why her flex is in the snow and my fox body gets the garage

I must have an understanding wife, she knows the zephyr gets the garage in the winter.

SyntheticBlinkerFluid
SyntheticBlinkerFluid UltimaDork
2/21/17 3:50 p.m.

When you buy a parts car for a project car and find out the parts car is in better shape.

'#justGRMthings

pinchvalve
pinchvalve MegaDork
2/21/17 3:53 p.m.

I have three sets of wheels and tires for a car I hardly drive, but no spare for my daily driver.

#justGRMthings

Tom Suddard
Tom Suddard Associate Editor
2/21/17 3:58 p.m.

I have had, on numerous occasions, spare wheels for a car I don't (yet) own.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
FuC70Z1xAYgWhv1sTlvS9GYjkrOkrbgnSntJuyi3igvWbcDcnBw66O6aBAJPU9uI