1 2 3
wbjones
wbjones HalfDork
12/30/09 6:26 a.m.
Toyman01 wrote:
924guy wrote: I have no use for single cup coffee makers, just not enough volume for me... though they are good for tea i suppose. And the krurig set up is just another variation of the genevalia coffee of the month deal, but i suspect have a much higher profit margin, and the coffee isnt nearly as good imo. Ive been using a Bunn coffee maker for years, it spits out a full pot in less than three minutes, and keeps a reserve of perfect for brewing 195 degree water in its internal thermos. they are also engineered for "optimal" saturation, not too weak or too strong, every time. They are an investment, in fact , i nursed the old one (probably 15 years old) i had along by relining the water tray when it started leaking for half a year or so, until i found killer deal on a display model to replace it with.
What he said. Bunn coffee makers are machines, not appliances. If you only make one cup, you ain't a coffee drinker. And if you are washing the coffee maker or the cup, you're doing it wrong. Coffee machines and cups are like cast iron cookware, they need to be seasoned and touching them with a soapy rag is sacrilege.

If you're using a Mr. Coffee drip machine w/ a glass carafe (and yes it does make an acceptable cup of coffee) then there isn't much reason not to wash it... old style percolator (ie boiled coffee) ya, I'd say don't use soap very often

m0t0r1t3
m0t0r1t3 New Reader
12/30/09 7:01 a.m.

Sick..i haven't try it :(

EastCoastMojo
EastCoastMojo Mod Squad
12/10/17 11:36 a.m.

Zombie thread, canoe removed

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
YIVqkGEUJ1BsWUj3FXrtAfslyboNF1DlanaxvaW1pNoOYQ1m7NxjZkWkb2aBLOVo