8 9 10 11 12
Adrian_Thompson (Forum Supporter)
Adrian_Thompson (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
7/18/20 12:21 p.m.
Dave M (Forum Supporter) said:

Speaking of off-roaders, I saw my first new Land Rover Defender in the wild today, in its natural environment: driven by a rich middle aged lady turning into the country club parking lot! The truck looks odd as the air suspension makes it ride really low in city mode.

I'm a huge Land Rover fan. I don't like the new Defender. It should be the new Discovery and the new Discovery is more like a Range Rover. Ford, Mercedes and Jeep are making 'real' off roaders while LR is trying too hard to gentrify their whole line up. 

MrChaos
MrChaos SuperDork
7/18/20 12:36 p.m.

I mean the G wagon is the only real off roader Mercedes makes not counting the Unimog. And the G wagon is what basically a 40 year old design that hasnt really changed

Adrian_Thompson (Forum Supporter)
Adrian_Thompson (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
7/18/20 12:47 p.m.

In reply to MrChaos :

2018+ G wagon is all new platform, nothing to do with the old except the looks and off road performance. 

MrChaos
MrChaos SuperDork
7/18/20 12:53 p.m.

In reply to Adrian_Thompson (Forum Supporter) :

ah ok, didnt realize that

Dave M (Forum Supporter)
Dave M (Forum Supporter) HalfDork
7/18/20 12:54 p.m.
MrChaos said:

In reply to Adrian_Thompson (Forum Supporter) :

still solid front?

Nope!  But still a popular choice for the nouveu riche crowd.

stanger_mussle (Forum Supporter)
stanger_mussle (Forum Supporter) UltraDork
7/18/20 5:21 p.m.

The Bronco6G forums had some pics from the configurator tool that they found a way to change the URL values to display the various exterior and interior options. Sadly, Ford changed something and the linked pics no longer work.

I only managed to grab the base Bronco interior and a few exterior pics before the links went dead:

Holy hell I like this thing on steelies. This is the trim I would get, even though getting the manual forgoes the 2.7 and Sasquatch package. Also Cyber Orange, Cactus Grey and Area 51 are not available on the base so I would go with Velocity Blue.

Strizzo
Strizzo PowerDork
7/18/20 5:37 p.m.

In reply to Dave M (Forum Supporter) :

They claim the new ifs front end has better articulation than the old solid axle setup. 

yupididit
yupididit UberDork
7/18/20 5:38 p.m.
MrChaos said:
Dave M (Forum Supporter) said:
MrChaos said:

I priced a reg cab short bed fx4 ranger with tow package at 42k that i am shopping this with. Hopefully for comes out with pricing soon.

That seems like a lot of money for a Ranger!  Although I am sure the Bronco will be more, and it has a worse tow rating. 

My money would be on a Taco TRD Pro for that price since those things don't depreciate...

oh i put that wrong, that was for an f150 XL Sport appearance with all the tow stuff, FX4 Package i edited my post

That seems high for an XL f150 4x4. I was able to get a CC 3.5 4x4 f150 XLT with all the options basically to 36k without trying at all. The highest optioned XL was about the same. 

ultraclyde (Forum Supporter)
ultraclyde (Forum Supporter) UltimaDork
7/18/20 6:06 p.m.

Man those steelies. I wonder what the mpg will be on that 2.3 stick. 

4x4 vase ranger claims 20/24 with the same engine, similar curb weight, and an auto. 

poopshovel again
poopshovel again MegaDork
7/18/20 6:16 p.m.

In reply to stanger_mussle (Forum Supporter) :

Ooooooh man, I like that a lot.

MrChaos
MrChaos SuperDork
7/18/20 6:59 p.m.

Yea, I really like the look of the base non sasquatch.

mazdeuce - Seth
mazdeuce - Seth Mod Squad
7/18/20 7:25 p.m.

From those interior shots, it only seats 4? Is that just in the 2 door, or also the 4 door?

MrChaos
MrChaos SuperDork
7/18/20 7:40 p.m.
mazdeuce - Seth said:

From those interior shots, it only seats 4? Is that just in the 2 door, or also the 4 door?

that is just the 2 door, the 4 door seats 5

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy MegaDork
7/18/20 8:41 p.m.
mazdeuce - Seth said:

I saw my buddies '67 for the first time today. Not a ton of room inside with a roll cage.  

MrChaos
MrChaos SuperDork
7/19/20 6:33 p.m.

Build & Price Configurator for 2021 Bronco Goes Live in August

MrChaos
MrChaos SuperDork
7/19/20 6:36 p.m.

Dave M (Forum Supporter)
Dave M (Forum Supporter) HalfDork
7/20/20 6:05 a.m.

In reply to MrChaos :

Thanks for posting! Things get really expensive quickly.... I'll take a base 2 door with a stick!

mazdeuce - Seth
mazdeuce - Seth Mod Squad
7/20/20 6:51 a.m.
MrChaos said:
mazdeuce - Seth said:

that is just the 2 door, the 4 door seats 5

Thanks, That's certainly a factor in deciding to buy one, or which one to buy. 

MrChaos
MrChaos SuperDork
7/23/20 8:57 p.m.

https://www.automobilemag.com/news/exclusive-ford-bronco-pickup-coming-battle-jeep-gladiator/?sm_id=organic_tw_social_AMAG_200723_sf236188188#sf236188188

bronco pickup in 2025

also the  Bronco SUV is expected to get Ford's 3.0-liter EcoBoost turbo V-6 in a future update

STM317
STM317 UberDork
7/23/20 9:07 p.m.

2025?! Assuming that it's been part of the plan for awhile, how does it take 4 years to turn it into a truck?

Mr_Asa
Mr_Asa Dork
7/23/20 9:34 p.m.

In reply to STM317 :

It doesn't, they want the Bronco out and about first.

Also, they may be planning something with the Ranger to pair it with.

crankwalk (Forum Supporter)
crankwalk (Forum Supporter) SuperDork
7/24/20 8:35 a.m.
STM317 said:

2025?! Assuming that it's been part of the plan for awhile, how does it take 4 years to turn it into a truck?

The Jeep trucks are selling well around me. You'd think they would want to get one out ASAP. Hell, they only think that's stopping me from looking into a bronco is I need at least a little bed for motorcycles. These 4 foot worthless beds in stuff these days isn't good enough for me. If a Jeep or bronco released something with a 6 ft bed I'd be on it.

mtn (Forum Supporter)
mtn (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
7/24/20 9:32 a.m.
crankwalk (Forum Supporter) said:
STM317 said:

The Jeep trucks are selling well around me. You'd think they would want to get one out ASAP. Hell, they only think that's stopping me from looking into a bronco is I need at least a little bed for motorcycles. These 4 foot worthless beds in stuff these days isn't good enough for me. If a Jeep or bronco released something with a 6 ft bed I'd be on it.

My thinking is that the pickup truck buyer is buying a "real" pickup. They're probably not cross shopping the Gladiator very hard. The Wrangler buyer is. 

I would think it is the same for the Bronco. 

Old_Town
Old_Town Reader
7/24/20 9:43 a.m.

Would the Bronco pickup coexist with the Ranger or is 2025 the projected end for that body? 

Would that mean Ford could have all the F-series, Ranger, Bronco PUP, and baby Ranger/Courier pickups out? As a hotel maid might say, that's a lot of beds...  

D2W
D2W Dork
7/24/20 12:48 p.m.

Jeep Gladiators are not selling well around here, and this is pickup country. Wranglers sell well, but I guess if you want a pickup a Gladiator is not it. I'm not sure a Bronco PU would sell either with that tiny bed, but who knows?

8 9 10 11 12

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
zZM3dkwTbsdlYB5VCJ3OQWNRfKEkGbH33v2qXR8phN6Qt2cu5szwKLCie2s6Xk2K