RX Reven'
RX Reven' SuperDork
11/24/20 8:38 p.m.

I don't need much (or should I say mulch) run time, I want it to be able to stand up when not in use to save space in the garage and we have Amazon Prime.  Is there something that has a battery inter-changability advantage?  Are there products that punch above or below their weight?  Is this just a simple throw away appliance and just get whatever is on a good sale?

Any assistance from the hive would be greatly appreciated.

Back Story (ignore if you're not into reading random post content)...I bought my 5.0 HP Briggs and Stratton powered, 22" deck mower 23 years ago...I used it for many years but it spent over a decade sitting dormant in a buddies garage.  I took it back and I was proud to get it running again but my wife got a sad as she worried about having gas stored in the garage.  OK, whatever, I'm not worried but happy wife = happy life so it's time for the old B&S to go.

z31maniac
z31maniac MegaDork
11/25/20 8:59 a.m.

I can't comment on cheaper versions, but I know our 80v Kobalt worked well. 10,000 sq ft lot, with an 1800sq ft home on it. The stock battery would handle the entire yard if we didn't let it get overgrown. 

I also went with a battery powered one because I didn't want to oil/gas in the garage. 

Floating Doc (Forum Supporter)
Floating Doc (Forum Supporter) UberDork
11/25/20 9:06 a.m.

I have the kobalt 80 running my line trimmer and various attachments. I've been happy with it. Never going back to gas for that tool.

I've been thinking about a battery mower, but it's got to be self propelled.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
V6DdmTTQgljynmaDXXipXpc3tFNJzTDDERp08BiOuZeggEdoTD6KSZHuMAvxLmVF