84FSP
84FSP UltraDork
3/5/21 11:30 a.m.

So I'm potentially moving the 84FSP clan for work from Cincinnati OH to Exton PA.  I know nothing of the area other than a proximity to the Hershey PA hill climb event.  Is it sad that the hill climb was the first thing to come to mind for me?

What says the hive?

Schools?

Good areas?

Bad areas?

Would you live there?

Thanks!

Paul_VR6 (Forum Supporter)
Paul_VR6 (Forum Supporter) SuperDork
3/5/21 1:16 p.m.

Generic outer Philly suburb with decent schools nearby. Not aware of any particular "bad areas" unless you troll Coatesville proper which is a bit away, or on-purpose head to Philly. 

I am about an hour straight south west of there in the country and my dad lives on the Downingtown school district side. 

I don't think it's *that* close to Hershey, better than Cincy though.

Fueled by Caffeine
Fueled by Caffeine MegaDork
3/5/21 1:20 p.m.

20 years ago I lived in king of Prussia. It's a good area. Great schools.  Traffic can be a pain if you are commuting to the cities. You're not too far from the Nelson clan if you like that.  

it's been a long time since I have been back but i don't think much wil have changed. 

84FSP
84FSP UltraDork
3/5/21 9:37 p.m.

Thanks folks.  Have lots of travel time but literally none of it in PA.  

Have to recheck my googles on the Hillclimb distance as that seemed like such an upside.

TurnerX19
TurnerX19 UltraDork
3/5/21 10:31 p.m.

Closest hillclimb site to Exton would be Duryea & Pagoda in Reading. Pretty good area for motorsports in general, though. NJMP, Summit Point, and Pocono are all well within 200 miles.

dxman92
dxman92 Dork
3/5/21 11:59 p.m.

Exton puts you about 30 miles west of downtown Philly. Pretty typical suburb area. Traffic can be a bit dicey in the morning on Rt. 30 and 202. I'm northwest of Philly in the Lansdale area near the turnpike exit..

Paul_VR6 (Forum Supporter)
Paul_VR6 (Forum Supporter) SuperDork
3/8/21 11:18 a.m.

Traffic really depends on where you are going from which part of Exton.

Hasbro (Forum Supporter)
Hasbro (Forum Supporter) SuperDork
3/8/21 12:01 p.m.

If public schools matter, you are close to Tredyffrin-Eastown SD (Conestoga SHS) and, if you must, Radnor Township SD. 

84FSP
84FSP UltraDork
3/8/21 2:31 p.m.

I am generally a public school fan if they are legitimate, enough so to buy a house accordingly in the area.  Appreciate the district input - have to do my great schools research to ranke em out.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
riCC7BB4akq6rovq1ueVAG7zk0VZcx2zBtfZVefZFE3XtbbFruq989Qw0n4mDmLf