1 2 3 4 5
Curtis73 (Forum Supporter)
Curtis73 (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
3/24/23 5:36 p.m.

If Bill is watching, if Dudeist Priest gets my name for the NYG next year, I won't be upset.

stroker
stroker PowerDork
3/24/23 9:32 p.m.
preach (dudeist priest) said:

In reply to stroker :

I am still trying to figure it out to perfection. My tequila one kind of failed as it was too loose, but damn it makes a fantastic salad dressing.

Basically, it's a choice of vinegar (pickles the sauce), peppers, spices, fruit (maybe), whatever else I feel like. Simmer it, plunge blend it, let it sit in the fridge for a few days, simmer it, strain it, bottle it.

One day I will price out a batch per bottle.

Screw perfection--I buy Franks in gallon jugs two at a time!

Brett_Murphy (Agent of Chaos)
Brett_Murphy (Agent of Chaos) MegaDork
3/24/23 11:29 p.m.

Y'all are in New Hampshire?

My BIL's hot sauce is for sale up there, in Sunshine Cookshop in Claremont. among other places.

preach (dudeist priest)
preach (dudeist priest) SuperDork
3/25/23 9:02 a.m.
Curtis73 (Forum Supporter) said:

If Bill is watching, if Dudeist Priest gets my name for the NYG next year, I won't be upset.

Sorry to Toyman! this past year I did not send oune out this year.

RevRico
RevRico MegaDork
3/25/23 9:21 a.m.

Since its looking like I'm in a super minority here, I'll chime in again. 

Preach makes some damn good hot sauce. Like he says though the jalapeno lime is a bit runny, but it does go great on salads of all types. Also tacos, eggs, fries, and fish sandwiches. 

Not crazy heat wise, but you definitely know it's there, and the flavors come through nicely.

Because I suck, and have like 20 open bottles of sauce, I still havent tried the peach habanero though, but it certainly looks great. 

That Thai garlic looks and sounds pretty great though, what isn't made better with garlic?

preach (dudeist priest)
3/25/23 10:39 a.m.

The leavings that beg for hot pepper jelly:

EDIT: Unsure about the remaining vinegar in the jelly though...

preach (dudeist priest)
3/25/23 11:39 a.m.

OK, first 5 to DM me or hit rdgrnr at the g place mail with their address gets one gratis.

EDIT: Ian does not count as I will deliver his.

Ian F (Forum Supporter)
Ian F (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
3/25/23 12:15 p.m.

Assuming preach and I can get together - and you can wait until May - I'll be at the Carlisle Import Show and can deliver to you.

nlevine
nlevine Reader
3/25/23 3:18 p.m.

In reply to preach (dudeist priest) :

Message sent (hopefully in time).

preach (dudeist priest)
3/25/23 3:37 p.m.

In reply to nlevine :

You are first.

Curtis73 will get one in Ian's hand.

4 more.

preach (dudeist priest)
3/25/23 3:39 p.m.

In reply to Ian F (Forum Supporter) :

Ian, I am 5 minutes from you almost every day. Shoot the text and you can get you and Curtis hot sauce and see what 25# of boost does to a VW 2.0.

secretariata (Forum Supporter)
secretariata (Forum Supporter) UltraDork
3/25/23 3:55 p.m.

I'm always up for a hot sauce test. Just sent a PM through the forum. We'll see if I make the cut, and thanks for offering it up even if I don't.

preach (dudeist priest)
3/25/23 4:17 p.m.

In reply to secretariata (Forum Supporter) :

It will go out when I can get off my butt and do it.

3 more.

preach (dudeist priest)
3/25/23 4:20 p.m.

Please not that every bottle goes into The Toilet for shrinkage. Your bottle has been in an icon and has been pictured on a ~50yo VW.

3/25/23 11:38 p.m.

WOOOHOOOO.  Ian for the proxy win!  Thanks man.

preach (dudeist priest)
3/26/23 8:25 a.m.

2 more.

nlevine
nlevine Reader
5/9/23 9:53 a.m.

My bottle arrived yesterday. My in-house hot-sauce expert (the 16-year-old kid) gave it a thumbs up! I thought it was pretty tasty, too.

golfduke
golfduke Dork
5/9/23 10:09 a.m.

MAn, if you ever get over to Manchester, I'll barter you some hot sauce for beer/apps/merch at my brewery... just saying :)

Ian F (Forum Supporter)
Ian F (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
5/9/23 11:04 a.m.

WOOOHOOOO.  Ian for the proxy win!  Thanks man.

Unfortunately, I totally failed here. I wanted to get together with preach before leaving NH, but had a family emergency and ended up leaving a week earlier than planned. Apologies. 

stroker
stroker PowerDork
5/9/23 1:04 p.m.

Am I reading this correctly that you still have two bottles available?  PM sent.

5/10/23 11:59 a.m.
preach (fs) said:

I've started making hot sauces in small batches and folk are going nuts over them.

Holy E36 M3.  Count me as one of the people going nuts over them.  My big problem with most hot sauces is that they're just hot.  They don't bring anything to the table except burning.  I don't even know what flavor you sent, but I'm trippin balls over this stuff.  It's delicious.

preach (dudeist priest)
5/10/23 2:02 p.m.

In reply to Curtis73 (Forum Supporter) :

Dominican peppers (kinda like cayenne, maybe hotter) and garlic.

If a hot sauce is just hot I do not bother. Got to have flavor.

Crxpilot
Crxpilot HalfDork
5/14/23 9:35 a.m.

Tangentially related, but Johnny G keeps showing up in my FB feed.  NMNA but he seems to have momentum selling salsa locally.  It's in our local grocery stores.  He's also in the autox scene.  https://www.facebook.com/salsaslinger   https://www.instagram.com/johnnygssalsa/

secretariata (Forum Supporter)
secretariata (Forum Supporter) UltraDork
5/14/23 12:27 p.m.

Thanks Preach!  I got my bottle in the mail the end of the week. Went out of town that evening, so I haven't had a chance to sample it yet.

nlevine
nlevine Reader
5/22/23 9:45 p.m.

The kid reports that it's really good on steak (that he cooked)

(BTW - the steak is from Maine Meat in Wallingford Sq., Kittery Foreside - just outside of the Portsmouth shipyard. Not that I'm promoting anybody, Preach :-) ).

1 2 3 4 5

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
Cpr4Xq7nCgK4WvOuUlygbAVdCsWaOKm4JmKMO6kPqiWBv7805Rfyc00Cq6QVcwti