1 2
Luke
Luke Dork
12/11/08 6:34 a.m.

Quite possibly the coolest piece of video I've ever seen on youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VCfItWwi2V8

Oh man, to be hooning around in a 250 GTO, smokin' a joint, running into Steve McQueen...if only.

therex
therex SuperDork
12/11/08 7:43 a.m.

That was so awesome.

VanillaSky
VanillaSky New Reader
12/11/08 9:06 a.m.

I wish I lived in the 70's. Really.

EricM
EricM Reader
12/11/08 12:12 p.m.

those have got to be the skinniest tires ever!

Goldmember
Goldmember New Reader
12/11/08 7:00 p.m.

A look back on a truly different time. We, as enthusiasts, must never forget these times and the passion to use our toys for what the designers intended, not just to win trophies and flaunt disposable income.

Seriousness/off

I would have loved to see the faces at that meet when he rolled in with an olive drab Ferrari

rebelgtp
rebelgtp HalfDork
12/11/08 7:29 p.m.

I REALLY want to see the rest of the videos those guys made...

cwh
cwh Dork
12/11/08 7:33 p.m.

I was there for the 70's. I just don't remember it.

Volksroddin
Volksroddin HalfDork
12/11/08 7:50 p.m.

I cant say enough of how I was born to late

alex
alex Reader
12/11/08 9:36 p.m.

Spectacular. Dude made Steve McQueen stop traffic in an intersection for a moment of admiration of mutual coolness, then painted his California olive drab before a FOC meeting. I'm at a loss as to how one could get cooler than that.

MitchellC
MitchellC Reader
12/11/08 10:59 p.m.

Just imagining a Ferrari painted like the Weezly Rabbit make me too ahem happy.

Appleseed
Appleseed New Reader
12/12/08 4:10 a.m.

Makes me want to watch "Rendezvous" again.

Luke
Luke Dork
12/12/08 4:28 a.m.

This snippet of documentary is also worth watching - http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=Di9fWVfLcUI&eurl=http://jalopnik.com/5052569/the-coolest-ferrari-film-youll-ever-see-that-isnt-a-commercial

Bit of a history lesson in the beginning, but that soon leads way to the aural delight of dueling GTO's

tuffburn
tuffburn New Reader
12/12/08 5:07 a.m.

best video ever!

racerdave600
racerdave600 Reader
12/12/08 9:20 a.m.

That's probably '60's and not '70's, but still very cool. My very young memory of that time doesn't recall Ferraris roaming about though...

pinchvalve
pinchvalve SuperDork
12/12/08 3:18 p.m.

I lived in the 70's and did not have a Ferrari or a Joint. Of course, I was under 10 years old.

fiat22turbo
fiat22turbo SuperDork
12/12/08 3:52 p.m.

I was born in the 70's does that count?

Type Q
Type Q HalfDork
12/12/08 3:52 p.m.
VanillaSky wrote: I wish I lived in the 70's. Really.

Eariler this year I heard some teenagers wishing that they were in high school in the 80's. WHY? I was in highschool in 80's and it sucked as bad as high school does now. There were drugs, gangs, AIDS, teen pregnancy, crappy treachers, and a major recession. Same E36 M3, different decade.

I lived through the 70's and 80's and I do not understand the attraction. In the 70's kids watched Happy Days and some of them probably lamented they were not living in the 50's. The good old days were only good because human beings selectively remember the fun they had.

Twin_Cam
Twin_Cam Dork
12/12/08 4:15 p.m.

Awesome video.

glen914
glen914 New Reader
12/12/08 8:49 p.m.

In reply to null: IM not a sentimental fool for the 70s, but there is something to be said about sixty cent gas, cops who drove drunks home etc. The kids who stayed home watching happy days were nerds. We had no Ferraris, but much hell was raised in big block detroit iron and on first generation superbikes. Ill take 70s roadracing 917s, trans am ponycars,outdoor motocross with two strokes,and a more innocent and naive time anyday. Call me an old fogey,but it beats the E36 M3 out of gameboys and ultra restricted racing with interpretation of rules as the most creative part,disco roundy round stadium motocross,and fart can civics.

glen914
glen914 New Reader
12/12/08 9:48 p.m.

In reply to null:In the 70s, you could write the fun word for dookie without a robotic censor writing e36m3 too.

gamby
gamby SuperDork
12/13/08 11:06 a.m.

Further proof that it's always fun to have some money and a free spirit.

Amazing to see a GTO treated to jackassery. Hard to picture a time where these things were still street-driven like that.

I would love to see what that California w/ the Army Jeep paintjob looked like. Those cars get $30k paintjobs now!!! lol

joey48442
joey48442 Dork
12/13/08 11:28 a.m.
glen914 wrote: In reply to null: IM not a sentimental fool for the 70s, but there is something to be said about sixty cent gas, cops who drove drunks home etc. The kids who stayed home watching happy days were nerds. We had no Ferraris, but much hell was raised in big block detroit iron and on first generation superbikes. Ill take 70s roadracing 917s, trans am ponycars,outdoor motocross with two strokes,and a more innocent and naive time anyday. Call me an old fogey,but it beats the E36 M3 out of gameboys and ultra restricted racing with interpretation of rules as the most creative part,disco roundy round stadium motocross,and fart can civics.

Cops driving drunks home is going to stop drunk driving...I dont think that will work. I think the cops should be made to shoot every third drunk driver they pull over. "Sorry bud, I know your just over the limit, but...BLAM BLAM BLAM!"

I dont lament the seventies. I was a fetus for a longer period of time in the seventies than I was a human, though. Im glad I grew up when I did.

Plus, and I will admit those are some of the most beautiful cars ever, but think about idiots like Nick Hogan...Stoned, driving like an idiot on the wrong side of the road...

I think if the video were of a bunch of ricers driving like morons and getting stoned in civics we would be all up in arms. But since its a Ferrari i its ok?

Joey

joey48442
joey48442 Dork
12/13/08 11:32 a.m.
glen914 wrote: In reply to null:In the 70s, you could write the fun word for dookie without a robotic censor writing e36m3 too.

Plus, our filters are what makes this site great!

Joey

gamby
gamby SuperDork
12/13/08 11:37 a.m.
joey48442 wrote: I dont lament the seventies. I was a fetus for a longer period of time in the seventies than I was a human, though. Im glad I grew up when I did. Plus, and I will admit those are some of the most beautiful cars ever, but think about idiots like Nick Hogan...Stoned, driving like an idiot on the wrong side of the road... I think if the video were of a bunch of ricers driving like morons and getting stoned in civics we would be all up in arms. But since its a Ferrari i its ok? Joey

It was a different time (granted, I was 2-8 during the 70's). It just seems like you could be more free-spirited and fewer people would get killed/sued.

Seems like more things go horribly wrong now.

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH SuperDork
12/13/08 4:55 p.m.

I'm obviously much too young, all I can think is "what a bunch of stupid crazy shiny happy persons!"

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
VX7DhB64WKDCljLdtpNORt29LyVuiWr1YccZlaC3VCujlMBgQcto68CqbDVDJsD0