2 3 4 5
mtn
mtn PowerDork
4/18/12 6:49 p.m.
Zomby Woof wrote: Aiming for his head? I don't see that. I see a high speed, hard hit, with incidental head contact. He left his feet, and that's punishable. Was it late? If you slow it down, or watch it over and over, you might think that, but not at that speed. The puck was gone for a fraction of a second. I wonder if the stretcher and ambulance were theatrics, and Hossa plays the next game? That's probably why Torres put the hearing off until Friday. Give him a game and call it a day.

Okay, I'll let up on the late hit. We'll wait and see on the stretcher/theatrics. But that was not incidental head contact; his shoulder hit the head of a man two inches taller than him.

mtn
mtn PowerDork
4/18/12 6:56 p.m.

Mazdax605 wrote:
bearmtnmartin wrote:
Mazdax605 wrote: I think you spelled Kings wrong. Nobody wants the 'nucks to win outside of BC.
Other than most Canadians. And its nice to see we are no longer considered the dirtiest players in the league.
I think most Canadiens aside from those in BC wanted the 'nucks to lose last year. At least on the hockey forums I frequent they weren't well liked in the great white north. I may be a lil biased though being a B's fan. -C
Mazdax605
Mazdax605 Dork
4/18/12 7:44 p.m.

That is funny!! And also looks a lot like Barney!!

FYI I like the Canuck's, and have for many years. I actually have many Canuck jersey's from throughout the years. I hated them last year as I am a die hard B's fan. Wanted so much for them to beat the Rag's in 94, but again it wasn't to be.

RexSeven
RexSeven SuperDork
4/18/12 8:27 p.m.

9-3 right now in the PIT-PHI game. And there's still one more period to go!

Mazdax605
Mazdax605 Dork
4/18/12 8:34 p.m.

That isn't a hockey game Johnathan, it's an indoor lacrosse game!!!

Chris

bearmtnmartin
bearmtnmartin Reader
4/18/12 8:39 p.m.

Well its do or die night for us anyway. In a way, I don't mind if they loose, because the days are longer and the weather is better and I don't want to spend my evenings glued to a TV.

But you can't call the Sedins the sisters anymore. Daniel will probably be playing with a concussion that is not healed, and Hendrick took that massive hit and bounced his head off the ice and got right back at it. They are a tough pair, and together they can really score, so hopefully that helps tonite.

And Schneider is in goal, and he doesn't seem to melt like Luongo.

ThePhranc
ThePhranc HalfDork
4/18/12 8:46 p.m.
RexSeven wrote: 9-3 right now in the PIT-PHI game. And there's still one more period to go!

This makes my happy.

RexSeven
RexSeven SuperDork
4/18/12 9:05 p.m.
ThePhranc wrote:
RexSeven wrote: 9-3 right now in the PIT-PHI game. And there's still one more period to go!
This makes my happy.

Looks like someone else is poppin' some too!

I have no dog in that fight (geaux Broooins!!!).

vwcorvette
vwcorvette HalfDork
4/18/12 9:36 p.m.

Damn, Damn, Damn, Damn, Damn! Two OT losses. Back to NY.

flountown
flountown Reader
4/18/12 10:48 p.m.

That Flyers game was depressing, oh well, on to Friday...

bearmtnmartin
bearmtnmartin Reader
4/19/12 12:05 a.m.

wohoo! Go Canucks. And we have a pretty good goalie for sale right now because after tonite Luongo will never see the ice again......

RexSeven
RexSeven SuperDork
4/19/12 9:14 p.m.

Dammit...

Gotta hand it to the Caps. Holtby's no joke!

Grizz
Grizz Dork
4/19/12 11:37 p.m.
RexSeven wrote: Dammit... Gotta hand it to the Caps. Holtby's no joke!

Wish I could have watched it, but the berkeleying game was blacked out for me.

I guess I'm just wasting money on these extra channels since the FCC are giant shiny happy people.

Zomby Woof
Zomby Woof UltraDork
4/20/12 4:48 a.m.

Did you try streaming it on cbc? That's where I watched it.

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockeynightincanada/video/live/

Grizz
Grizz Dork
4/20/12 8:22 a.m.

In reply to Zomby Woof: Dunno if that will work. My internet duties are being handled by my PS3 until I can scrounge up enough cash for a laptop or something.

Looks like it might though, I'll have to try it tonight.

stumpmj
stumpmj Dork
4/20/12 9:37 a.m.

CBC streaming is blocked in the US. Anyone in the states know how to make it work? Or somewhere else that streams the games live?

mtn
mtn PowerDork
4/20/12 11:24 a.m.
stumpmj wrote: CBC streaming is blocked in the US. Anyone in the states know how to make it work? Or somewhere else that streams the games live?

Yeah, the bar.

Oh, wait, you meant on your own computer? Okay, try http://chanfeed.com/ It is usually pretty good, but maybe 1/4 of the time they catch it.

RexSeven
RexSeven SuperDork
4/20/12 9:34 p.m.

Whelp, that's it for Detroit. Nashville is the first team to advance.

Zomby Woof
Zomby Woof UltraDork
4/20/12 11:24 p.m.

I was thinking about the Flyers game all day, and missed it lying in a room waiting to get my head stitched back together. It was playing on the emergency waiting room TV.

mtn
mtn PowerDork
4/20/12 11:57 p.m.

Eek, what happened?

Mazdax605
Mazdax605 Dork
4/21/12 12:40 a.m.
mtn wrote: Eek, what happened?

Raffi Torres.

Zomby Woof
Zomby Woof UltraDork
4/21/12 8:02 a.m.

I was trying to figure a way to work that in, and you saved me the trouble

I was working under a machine with a chain drive and a sheet metal guard over it. I didn't notice the guard, and it had a very sharp edge on one corner. I biffed my head off it, and put about a 4" long gash on the top, right down to the skull. They ended up stapling it. I wanted to go to work today, but the doctor said minimum 24 hours off. I tried to convince her that it was an incidental hit to the head, but she said no way, and suspended me indefinitely from work

mtn
mtn PowerDork
4/21/12 12:01 p.m.

Torres suspended 25 games.

Not sure how I feel about that. I guess that I feel that the hit itself didn't deserve that much, but Torres did. In any case, they lose Torres, a 3rd or 4th line thug; Blackhawks have lost a key to their team. I didn't have faith in them to go all the way this year anyways, but there is absolutely no chance without Hossa.

http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/console?catid=60&id=173753&navid=DL|NHL|home

Zomby Woof
Zomby Woof UltraDork
4/21/12 1:14 p.m.

Ludicrous.

The media's unrelenting campaign on the violence in this years playoffs is definitely behind it. The reality is, that this years playoffs are no different. Most of this stuff would have been looked at in past years as an excellent hockey play, and beautiful hit. If Hossa wasn't so busy admiring his pass, and had his wits about him, he never would have been hit like that.

Zomby Woof
Zomby Woof UltraDork
4/21/12 1:35 p.m.

On a happier note, pics FTW

Good thing I shaved my head last Wednesday.

2 3 4 5

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
qfTxAlzIjOyhpejrlbuhRtB8jyF7IDn2Vb0gssZ1M0U0V33nbPl4B4a8rOKbAjai