3 4 5
mtn
mtn PowerDork
4/21/12 1:38 p.m.
Zomby Woof wrote: Ludicrous. The media's unrelenting campaign on the violence in this years playoffs is definitely behind it. The reality is, that this years playoffs are no different. Most of this stuff would have been looked at in past years as an excellent hockey play, and beautiful hit. If Hossa wasn't so busy admiring his pass, and had his wits about him, he never would have been hit like that.

(Deleted comment)

I respectfully disagree.

vwcorvette
vwcorvette HalfDork
4/21/12 2:24 p.m.
Zomby Woof wrote: On a happier note, pics FTW Good thing I shaved my head last Wednesday.

If this pic is not appropriate here then nothing is. That is awesome. Shame it's not Halloween.

Hope it don't hurt too bad.

ThePhranc
ThePhranc HalfDork
4/21/12 2:45 p.m.
Zomby Woof wrote: Ludicrous. The media's unrelenting campaign on the violence in this years playoffs is definitely behind it. The reality is, that this years playoffs are no different. Most of this stuff would have been looked at in past years as an excellent hockey play, and beautiful hit. If Hossa wasn't so busy admiring his pass, and had his wits about him, he never would have been hit like that.

I kinda agree. Backstrom never should have been suspended but the hype of the violence has the rulers coming down hard on piddly stuff to make up for letting other stuff go earlier that the talking heads on the sports shows are all outrageously outraged about.

Zomby Woof
Zomby Woof UltraDork
4/21/12 2:48 p.m.

A little hit to the head ain't gonna slow me down

Torres is a scapegoat, plain and simple. I understand that hits that were once not only legal, but considered an important part of the game, are sometimes now considered illegal. He did leave the ice, and did make contact to the head, but the fact that a non-call play has turned into a 25 game suspension says things about discipline in the NHL, and none of them good.

Do you remember when Lindros was considered reckless, and irresponsible for letting himself get nailed like this?

I like the Canadian game, but I don't like what's happening to it.

mtn
mtn PowerDork
4/21/12 2:58 p.m.
Zomby Woof wrote: the fact that a non-call play has turned into a 25 game suspension says things about discipline in the NHL, and none of them good.
Zomby Woof wrote: The officiating is lousy in the NHL. I know they say it's the best in the world, but it's not good enough.
Zomby Woof
Zomby Woof UltraDork
4/21/12 3:05 p.m.
mtn wrote:
Zomby Woof wrote: The officiating is lousy in the NHL. I know they say it's the best in the world, but it's not good enough.

That's half the story.

flountown
flountown Reader
4/22/12 4:32 p.m.

WOOT, Flyers advance, now just waiting for the Sens to clear the path a bit...bring on the next round!

Mazdax605
Mazdax605 Dork
4/24/12 8:18 p.m.

Amazing first round so far. Some early exits from the elite teams out west, and some long lasting series' in the east. Looks like we have at least two game 7's in the east so far with another likely if the Devils can win tonight.

I love this time of year!!

Go Brooons!!!!!!!

Zomby Woof
Zomby Woof UltraDork
4/25/12 10:01 a.m.

I like the first round the best. There's always a team that comes out of eighth place, and an accompanying upset or two. Aside from a lot of horrendous officiating, I think it's been a great round so far.

mtn
mtn PowerDork
4/25/12 10:17 a.m.

Note to the Blackhawks: Go find a goalie.

Klayfish
Klayfish Dork
4/25/12 11:47 a.m.
flountown wrote: WOOT, Flyers advance, now just waiting for the Sens to clear the path a bit...bring on the next round!

As a looooong suffering Flyers fan, I actually feel the opposite. I want the Rangers to win. If they're going to win, I'd like to see them face the team that has had their number and get over that hump.

flountown
flountown Reader
4/25/12 10:36 p.m.
Klayfish wrote: As a looooong suffering Flyers fan, I actually feel the opposite. I want the Rangers to win. If they're going to win, I'd like to see them face the team that has had their number and get over that hump.

I respectfully disagree, I highly doubt if the Rangers lost, and the Flyers won the cup without beating them, they'd be thinking: "I wonder if we would have beaten the Rangers in a 7 game series?"

There will be too much champagne and celebration to worry about such trivial matters, at the end of the day, the goal is to win a Stanley Cup, it'll still be super sweet regardless of whether the path goes through the Rangers or not...

RexSeven
RexSeven SuperDork
4/25/12 10:44 p.m.

Wow, Bruins out of it. And if the Rangers and Devils lose, then the only team left with a prior Stanley Cup win will be the Flyers.

I guess all I can say at this point is, go Sens and Panthers, then go whichever team is facing the Flyers! If my team can't win, then let someone new be the Stanley Cup champs.

vwcorvette
vwcorvette HalfDork
4/26/12 8:38 p.m.

Moving on to the next round. Took out one nation's capital team, next up this nation's Capitals team.

vwcorvette
vwcorvette HalfDork
5/25/12 9:54 p.m.

berkeley, berkeley, berkeley!
Let's go Kings. Beat Fatso Brodeur!

Zomby Woof
Zomby Woof UltraDork
5/26/12 7:37 a.m.

I wondered if this would come back. Except for the first round, it's been a pretty boring playoff year. I had money on Jersey in seven, and thought for sure NY would take the OT, but watch Girardi on the OT goal. Wow.

3 4 5

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
W64cm9xkVr6a4eauvrfuVcsmzMFi87RBwh2GbjVNGv48CPMyayRgDKQVcHWMZbRi