1 2 3 4
maschinenbau (I live here)
maschinenbau (I live here) UltraDork
3/23/21 12:28 p.m.
  • "Little Free Libraries" are forbidden due to their ridiculousness and obnoxious virtue signaling, and the fact that most members can't read. However, "Little Free Spare Parts Leftover From That Rebuild That I Hopefully Didn't Need Libraries" are allowed.
Fueled by Caffeine
Fueled by Caffeine MegaDork
3/23/21 12:28 p.m.

In reply to 1988RedT2 :

that would have been better..  no flowers.. just a toilet.. 

Mr_Asa
Mr_Asa UltraDork
3/23/21 12:33 p.m.
maschinenbau (I live here) said:
  • "Little Free Libraries" are forbidden due to their ridiculousness and obnoxious virtue signaling, and the fact that most members can't read. However, "Little Free Spare Parts Leftover From That Rebuild That I Hopefully Didn't Need Libraries" are allowed.

Oh gods, I just had a mental image of someone setting out an old filing cabinet and everyone going apeE36 M3 in order to get there first.

3/23/21 12:34 p.m.
mtn (Forum Supporter) said:
  • Each member is allowed only 2 lawn tractor fires in their ownership/residency.

Oh man, someone please link to this story. One of my favorites of all time from this forum.

John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
3/23/21 12:45 p.m.

In reply to maschinenbau (I live here) :

Is this about a lawn fire or is this about the time Michael db13 set the lawn tractor he was selling on fire right in front of the guy trying to lowball him? 

j_tso
j_tso Reader
3/23/21 1:00 p.m.
Curtis73 (Forum Supporter) said:
Mr_Asa said:

You forgot the HOA maintained fab shop.

I always wanted to co-op own a warehouse with a shop-share kinda thing.

Tried to make it work in Austin but there were a lot of flakes

Though I don't like the name, ATX Hackerspace is still going. They really need a bigger space though.

Apexcarver
Apexcarver UltimaDork
3/23/21 1:10 p.m.
j_tso said:
Mr_Asa said:

You forgot the HOA maintained fab shop.

I always wanted to co-op own a warehouse with a shop-share kinda thing.

Tried to make it work in Austin but there were a lot of flakes

Though I don't like the name, ATX Hackerspace is still going. They really need a bigger space though.

I keep thinking about similar, but keep getting scared at the likely insurance reality... 

Buddy of mine kind of does this by renting an industrial space and subletting stalls to friends and people in our autocross club, but not on an official scale.

mtn (Forum Supporter)
mtn (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
3/23/21 1:14 p.m.
mtn (Forum Supporter) said:
  • Each member is allowed only 2 lawn tractor fires in their ownership/residency.

Oh man, someone please link to this story. One of my favorites of all time from this forum.

Fifth post down

mdshaw
mdshaw Reader
3/23/21 1:24 p.m.

My son could live there:

3/23/21 1:27 p.m.

In reply to mtn (Forum Supporter) :

This friggin guy!

mtn (Forum Supporter)
mtn (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
3/23/21 1:28 p.m.

In reply to mtn (Forum Supporter) :

This friggin guy!

Did that violate the "Don't be a dick" rule?

mr2s2000elise
mr2s2000elise UltraDork
3/23/21 2:03 p.m.
mdshaw said:

My son could live there:

YIKES!

Steve_Jones
Steve_Jones HalfDork
3/23/21 6:36 p.m.
Toyman01 (Moderately Supportive Dude) said:

I'd like to change my vote to this:

Don't be a dick.

Ah damn it, I'm out. Not by choice, by popular vote. 

bmw88rider (Supportive Dude)
bmw88rider (Supportive Dude) UltraDork
3/23/21 8:27 p.m.

Sooo....Just sublet my land is what everyone is saying. Who wants to live in the middle of no where Nebraska or outside of Bradford, PA? 

captdownshift (Forum Supporter)
captdownshift (Forum Supporter) UltimaDork
3/23/21 8:54 p.m.

In reply to bmw88rider (Supportive Dude) :

How much acreage are we talking and will there be rallycross? 

Curtis73 (Forum Supporter)
Curtis73 (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
3/23/21 9:22 p.m.
bmw88rider (Supportive Dude) said:

Sooo....Just sublet my land is what everyone is saying. Who wants to live in the middle of no where Nebraska or outside of Bradford, PA? 

I'm having enough trouble with Harrisburg, PA.  Bradford is even colder.  Anyone have 500 acres in Los Angeles?  laugh

Mr_Asa
Mr_Asa UltraDork
3/23/21 9:24 p.m.

I'm having enough trouble with Harrisburg, PA.  Bradford is even colder.  Anyone have 500 acres in Los Angeles?  laugh

Ugh.  California? Why?

RevRico
RevRico UltimaDork
3/23/21 9:37 p.m.

In reply to Mr_Asa :

If you kicked out 95% of the people in the state, it's really not that bad. 6 hours to any weather you want, ridiculous roads everywhere, you have to actively WANT snow to find it.

mr2s2000elise
mr2s2000elise UltraDork
3/23/21 9:42 p.m.

Not 500, but 175, and working on more . ;)

Stampie (FS)
Stampie (FS) MegaDork
3/23/21 10:08 p.m.

I'll need a 2 acre lot so that everything can be behind my fence that's 10 feet from the front.

OHSCrifle
OHSCrifle SuperDork
3/24/21 5:14 a.m.

mtn's claim rule is brilliant 

Curtis73 (Forum Supporter)
Curtis73 (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
3/24/21 5:57 a.m.
mr2s2000elise said:

Not 500, but 175, and working on more . ;)

And just like that... house for rent in Harrisburg PA.

bmw88rider (Supportive Dude)
bmw88rider (Supportive Dude) UltraDork
3/24/21 6:16 a.m.

In reply to captdownshift (Forum Supporter) :

Almost 100 in NE and just under 600 in Bradford. I'm sure we can find room for rallycross and some MTB trails. Also some room for good trails for the brap brap bois as well. The bradford land probably already has enough oil in it from refining run off from the 60's so a few oil spills are no big deal I'm sure. 

mdshaw said:

My son could live there:

That wouldn't bother me too much. It's fairly neat, the green stuff is cut, and the cars aren't all sitting on flat tires or blocks. 

I'm with Stampie, 2 acres will be needed. I tend to large vehicles for some reason. This is most of my pile. It's missing the 3 boats, the wife's Mustang, the Suburban, my son's XJ, and the RV. As a plus, the Tbird and the B210 are gone.  It is all in the back yard or behind the shop though. From the street, my house looks pretty normal. Edit to add: The CARTA bus isn't in there either. 

20190331_192037.jpg

bobzilla
bobzilla MegaDork
3/24/21 8:00 a.m.

I don't want to be close enough to another person that I would have to live by someone's arbitrary rules. GRM or not. 

1 2 3 4

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
sDiVmh2DZIxMjHUrN6bBPGbC4AtHWgWmDwXDqEkIaiEEBJI5ysTLc8Khag2jkJD0