Antihero
Antihero PowerDork
6/17/22 12:00 a.m.

In reply to barefootcyborg5000 :

Here you go, he uses it in a lot of different ways. The softer sections are easier to hear the snare in too. As a plus, the ride you here is all the aluminum one I posted too

Supermassive snare

Antihero
Antihero PowerDork
6/17/22 12:01 a.m.

In reply to Ian F (Forum Supporter) :

That Iommi boost is fantastic, I'm a big fan

barefootcyborg5000
barefootcyborg5000 PowerDork
6/17/22 1:25 a.m.

In reply to Antihero :

Thanks. I'll take a listen on my good headphones. 

I bit more digging and I found this:

The last part with the lower tuning is promising, but there's still an overtone I don't like. It may be fixable with muffling/gel/heads, but then I found this:

And it's just more what I'm after despite the jazz setting. Idk. I'm not in a rush, so I'll keep looking around. 

*edited for better video of the Tama. 

Antihero
Antihero PowerDork
6/17/22 9:02 p.m.

Wow that vid makes it sound terrible. I'm not sure what he's doing to tune it but I don't like it

barefootcyborg5000
6/18/22 1:20 a.m.

In reply to Antihero :

That's what's tough. Mics, mix, heads, tuning, even the room. Not to mention the player. So many variables. 

Antihero
Antihero PowerDork
6/18/22 10:15 a.m.

I played around a little with mine and I can kinda get that sound by super loosening the snare wires. I didn't play around with the heads because I don't really want to sound like that guy at all.

I think what he's done, and I'm not a drum tuning savant although I picked up some tuning trucks from a guy great at it, is he has the heads tuned super high,  and very slack snare wires. The stock head was poop maybe he's using it?

Antihero
Antihero PowerDork
6/18/22 3:57 p.m.

I have laid away a thing, picked up a cool ass short scale bass and picked up my super rare peavey amp today. I need to stop going to music stores ...

Recon1342
Recon1342 SuperDork
6/18/22 4:50 p.m.

In reply to Antihero :

I clearly need to make a trip to north Idaho at some point just to hang out...

Antihero
Antihero PowerDork
6/18/22 4:53 p.m.
Recon1342 said:

In reply to Antihero :

I clearly need to make a trip to north Idaho at some point just to hang out...

Yes you do.

The rare peavey is an f800b and it's gonna be powering an Acoustic 4x15

Antihero
Antihero PowerDork
6/18/22 10:56 p.m.

Also I know Pete Gossett loves short scale basses too, this is my other find of the day

Antihero
Antihero PowerDork
6/18/22 11:31 p.m.

I want to apologize to everyone feeling the earth move in this hemisphere.......I plugged the f800b into the acoustic 4x15 cab.

Holy berkeley

Pete Gossett (Forum Supporter)
Pete Gossett (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
6/19/22 1:32 a.m.

In reply to Antihero :

That's a sweet Hondo! But that rig must sound colossal?

Antihero
Antihero PowerDork
6/19/22 2:21 p.m.
Pete Gossett (Forum Supporter) said:

In reply to Antihero :

That's a sweet Hondo! But that rig must sound colossal?

It's probably the smoothest playing bass I've played, I don't like  the "like butter" thing but......it plays like butter. My dad fell in love with it so it was part of his Father's Day loot. The pickups really really push the fundamental and are kinda weak in the overtones so..... basically perfect for him 

The rig is ridiculously powerful, I haven't turned it up from 9 o'clock because I fear for the Earth's crust. Massive projection too, standing in front of it I was wondering if I could add more bass. Everything on the back wall fell off the back wall on the next note.

The whole thing is as heavy as it physically weighs, which is approaching 400lbs I think

11GTCS
11GTCS Dork
6/19/22 6:30 p.m.
Antihero said:

I want to apologize to everyone feeling the earth move in this hemisphere.......I plugged the f800b into the acoustic 4x15 cab.

Holy berkeley

That explains the 2.2 quake in Idaho!  Also”Super Festival Series”!  laugh

Antihero
Antihero PowerDork
6/19/22 7:30 p.m.
11GTCS said:
Antihero said:

Holy berkeley

That explains the 2.2 quake in Idaho!  Also”Super Festival Series”!  laugh

Totally my bad guys, sorry about that lol

barefootcyborg5000
6/30/22 10:25 p.m.

Pulled the trigger on a snare. Maybe a bit premature considering I haven't even set up the kit, nor did I even have a stick to hit this cheap snare until today. Still:

Tama Artwood. The new artwoods are birch, but GC still has these in this color only. Local shop is a GC satellite, so I did technically buy local. I was intrigued by these Barton units coupled with MFs July4 discount, but familiarity and caution won out. The Tama is 14x6.5 maple. Should be really good. I'll have to borrow some floor space at my parents to set up for a bit and play. 

I've also committed to buying another Epiphone from a friend. Gothic explorer ('58 reissue iirc). Someone put a white pickguard on it at some point, and the frets are unmarked except for a XII at the 12th. Just waiting on my tele to sell so I have room. 

Javelin
Javelin MegaDork
7/1/22 10:54 a.m.

You have a Tele for sale?

Beautiful snare

barefootcyborg5000
7/1/22 11:10 a.m.

In reply to Javelin :

I do. A squier contemporary HH. It's not a regular animal, what with the humbuckers and all. 

And I haven't listed on reverb because I'm hesitant to ship since I don't have a proper case for it. 

Tony Sestito
Tony Sestito UltimaDork
7/1/22 11:44 a.m.
barefootcyborg5000 said:

Pulled the trigger on a snare. Maybe a bit premature considering I haven't even set up the kit, nor did I even have a stick to hit this cheap snare until today. Still:

Tama Artwood. The new artwoods are birch, but GC still has these in this color only. Local shop is a GC satellite, so I did technically buy local. I was intrigued by these Barton units coupled with MFs July4 discount, but familiarity and caution won out. The Tama is 14x6.5 maple. Should be really good. I'll have to borrow some floor space at my parents to set up for a bit and play. 

I've also committed to buying another Epiphone from a friend. Gothic explorer ('58 reissue iirc). Someone put a white pickguard on it at some point, and the frets are unmarked except for a XII at the 12th. Just waiting on my tele to sell so I have room. 

Nice snare! Tama continues to make quality stuff. Can't go wrong there. 

And hey, I have one of those Goth Explorers! 

Picked this one up off FB Marketplace from the original owner in the OHSC for super cheap. Guy "grew out of his Metal phase", so it had to go. Needed some setup and wiring work, but I've got it mostly sorted. Still fighting a little fret buzz on the A string down low. Thing is a shred machine! 

Javelin
Javelin MegaDork
7/1/22 11:53 a.m.

How much do you want? I've been looking for a HH Tele to go with my SSS Strat.

Antihero
Antihero PowerDork
7/1/22 12:00 p.m.

That's nice!

barefootcyborg5000
7/1/22 12:04 p.m.

In reply to Javelin :

Pm sent

Antihero
Antihero PowerDork
7/1/22 11:47 p.m.

In my incessant desire to buy the weirdest musical equipment I have bought this:

It's an LP Street Can and it sounds berkeleying thunderous 

barefootcyborg5000
7/2/22 12:21 a.m.

In reply to Antihero :

Bro. If we were in closer proximity, the enabling would be truly dangerous. 

Antihero
Antihero PowerDork
7/2/22 12:41 a.m.

Sounds like fun to me lol

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
lz1FeefrfAUFWXj1KgbXMwAZIFrRNmqUEZr8H7COBfKMVR3zzKhqC0t9bA3po32x