1 2
yamaha
yamaha MegaDork
1/30/15 1:19 p.m.
spitfirebill wrote:
Jerry wrote: Following this because my love of flashlights borders on fetish level.
Then you need a fleshlight my friend

I'm surprised this thread made it beyond 2 posts before this reference.....

92dxman
92dxman Dork
1/31/15 9:48 a.m.

I'd recommend either some flavor from Maglite or Fenix. I carry a Fenix with me everyday and have a Maglite on my nightstand and both have been pretty bombproof.

bigdaddylee82
bigdaddylee82 Dork
1/31/15 10:56 a.m.

In reply to 92dxman:

Maglite has been a decent light for me, I've got an ancient 2D, and I've had a few mini Maglites that have been fine lights. The shiny silver started flaking off the reflector of the 2D, I emailed Maglite, gave them my serial number, never heard back from them, then about a week later a new reflector showed up in the mail.

bigdaddylee82
bigdaddylee82 Dork
1/31/15 11:06 a.m.

I have pictures, everyone likes pictures.

I received the G2X Tactical, it was shipped in a bubble wrap lined envelope, no box, so its packaging was a little worse for wear.

And it's now mounted in its new home.

Also, while searching for lights, I came across these little UltrafFire 300 LM 1 AA several times, too cheap really to pass up, a lot of good reviews from the US vendors, so I bought some. I bought 4, one for each vehicle that's registered/legal to be on the road. I ordered the the 1 mode black models, but received 3 mode black models instead, strobe might come in hand on the the side of the road some day. So far I'm impressed, especially for no more than I have invested. I'm using some rechargeable NiMh AA batteries in them.

archarchie
archarchie
12/3/19 8:29 p.m.

Rather than get a $ 60, 450 lumens Fenix TK09, get the same price of Fenix PD35. Fenix PD35 has a maximum lumen of 1000 lumens and a service life of 50,000 hours. There are other very good flashlights worth noting: https://www.gearhunder.com/best-tactical-flashlight/

Will
Will UltraDork
12/3/19 9:45 p.m.

Canoe.

jwagner
jwagner New Reader
12/3/19 10:39 p.m.

I'm not a flashlight geek but I've had a bunch of unimpressive LED lights and maglights.  I've got a little Milwaukee 325 lumen focusing flashlight.  Claims to be good for 5 hours on 3 AAA batteries and it has a good, usable, even light - it's a nice solid flashlight for about $35.   https://www.milwaukeetool.com/Products/Lighting/Personal-Lighting/2107

Milwaukee also has a rechargeable 700 lumen light that looks really nice for $70.  Don't know how it compares to the models mentioned earlier but I'm thinking about taking a flyer on it since the smaller one has been so good.

Carbon
Carbon UltraDork
12/4/19 10:47 a.m.

Every streamlight product I've ever had broke. They're supposed to be good about warranty stuff but wtf. 

iceracer
iceracer UltimaDork
12/4/19 1:22 p.m.

In reply to Tom Suddard :

That pretty much covers what I have.

None are brand names.  On says "Torch".

spacecadet
spacecadet SuperDork
12/4/19 1:30 p.m.

I work for NEBO flashlights. I've put a few of our lights into the hands of the GRM crew and they tell me they love them. I love them and we put a lot of work into making good products at great prices.

No product is perfect, But we do everything we can to take care of our customers.

http://www.nebotools.com

Slyde King and the Slim are my 2 personal favorites. Great worklights!

$40 and $30 respectively and they're rechargeable.

We also just launched a 6000 lumen handheld flashlight which is really frigging fun.

Lobsterpennies
Lobsterpennies New Reader
12/4/19 8:03 p.m.

In reply to spacecadet :

Just ordered an iPhone case with flashlight from your company for a stocking stuffer. On sale for 9.99 with free shipping. For ten bucks It you really can't complain... Could not for some reason find the 6000 lumen flashlight. Cheers!

TJL
TJL HalfDork
12/4/19 8:12 p.m.

The Nebo stuff ive seen has been quite nice, and at a nice affordable price point. I like the pen size clip on ones, i think they were Nebo. Id probably try em out but i have a few of the walmart Oregon flashlights with cree style LED's. Bright and cheap. I have a streamlight TLR-2 for pistols but it rarely gets used. I need to find it, im sure the batteries are trashed and probably leaking. 

cchhase
cchhase
6/10/20 9:07 p.m.

In terms of cost performance, I recommend Fenix. Even if Fenix TK09 does not perform well, then you can choose other Fenix flashlights, they seem to have subtle differences. I have a Fenix that has been in use for two years and is usually able to use it for more than a month. Its casing is hard and high quality, waterproof and shockproof.

https://www.gearhunder.com/best-tactical-flashlight/

Floating Doc (Forum Supporter)
Floating Doc (Forum Supporter) UltraDork
6/10/20 11:00 p.m.

Is this the official canoe thread?

bigdaddylee82
bigdaddylee82 UltraDork
6/10/20 11:11 p.m.

Hey canoe!

I still have the Surefire on the 870.  I have more money in accessories on the 870 than the initial purchase price of the 870, thanks to Surefire, Magpul, Leupold, and a few others.

Spacecadet, I think I mentioned it in another thread, I snagged a pair of Big Larry Pro's off of eBay, only initial complaint was not coming with a wall wart, and the USB cable is super short.  Other than that I loved them, for a while.  They're probably great lights for more domestic duty, or someone with more dexterity than me, but I dropped both of them enough times to kill them.  I'd stick them somewhere with the magnet, and inevitably knock them off.  I'm notoriously rough on things, so I'm not really faulting the Big Larry.

I did add the HF Braun Flexible Slim LED light to my arsenal after I killed the last Big Larry.  It's holding up so far, though the run time on a charge is a little underwhelming, and I'm sure I'll kill it soon too, as it's had some pretty rough tumbles already.

dxman92
dxman92 HalfDork
6/13/20 9:35 a.m.

Fenix makes solid lights. I had one of their smaller keychain lights but it grew legs and walked. 

I just saw this on County Comm and it seems to get good reviews:

https://countycomm.com/products/titanium-inspection-aaax2-extreme-tactical-light-by-maratac?ct=t(EMAIL_CAMPAIGN_5_19_2020_14_45_COPY_14)&goal=0_2027776eb3-4bad6615e0-290023013&mc_cid=4bad6615e0&mc_eid=12f72c06f7

bludroptop
bludroptop UltraDork
6/14/20 4:12 p.m.

Flashlight nerds?

https://www.lupinenorthamerica.com/flashlights.asp

Best to be sitting down when you see the prices.

spacecadet (Forum Supporter)
spacecadet (Forum Supporter) SuperDork
6/14/20 9:27 p.m.
Floating Doc (Forum Supporter) said:

Is this the official canoe thread?

So basically all these lights are made in China, the super high end stuff is made in south China, and the good but better priced stuff is made in the Ningbo area a bit southwest of Shanghai... 

SO... it would be prime place for a spammer in China trying to market their factory direct sold flashlights

also 

nebotools.com

best bang for your buck lights... and I still say this even though i don't work there anymore thanks to staff cuts aligned with Covid-19

my last project was the just released OMNI 2k 2000 lumen Rechargable worklight. 

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
2UTkw6OClkikmjINzt82yhEMhU1BMSHqFWcUK9w4EcBURMVbMJWOs2zGRwNnDFTc