Buckster
5/11/21 12:28 p.m.

In reply to Pushrod :

Hey pushrod, Aint no big deal if your name is Dale Buck

Buckster
Buckster New Reader
5/11/21 12:29 p.m.

In reply to slowbird :

It is a terrible track, I know I made it.

Buckster
Buckster New Reader
5/11/21 12:34 p.m.

In reply to Pushrod :

Now your talkin! That is a lot of track squeezed into a 4 X 8. The most interesting part is when you tell someone you can rout anything and they say I want a routed track like my old snap lock layout. Ha what a waste of time and money.

Buckster
Buckster New Reader
5/11/21 12:35 p.m.

In reply to Pushrod :

I just routed a replica of this layout for the original builder of this track.

noddaz
noddaz UberDork
5/11/21 7:27 p.m.

In reply to stroker :

No Sugar Daddy 510 or brown Nomad.  sad

Standard stuff there.

Not that I notice those things.

Javelin (Forum Supporter)
Javelin (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
5/11/21 7:32 p.m.

I started my latest production of completely custom slot cars. Ferrari 250 GTO Series 2

They can go on a Thunderjet chassis, but fit a Jag TR-3 way nicer.

noddaz
noddaz UberDork
5/11/21 7:49 p.m.

In reply to Javelin (Forum Supporter) :

How are the Jag chassis?  I would like a low slung chassis for under different bodies but I want Tjet speed and handling...

*drum intro* bud-a bud-a bud-a "I see a red car and I want to paint it black..."

Scott

5/11/21 8:59 p.m.
noddaz said:

In reply to Javelin (Forum Supporter) :

How are the Jag chassis?  I would like a low slung chassis for under different bodies but I want Tjet speed and handling...

*drum intro* bud-a bud-a bud-a "I see a red car and I want to paint it black..."

Scott

They are my absolute favorite chassis ever. So good that I bought one of each of their other designs and have been running the wheels off of them.

5/18/21 1:14 p.m.

Update on the Ferraris:

adam525i
adam525i Dork
3/20/22 10:26 a.m.

This video just popped up and is worth a watch. Really clever simple setup to run two cars on a single lane and tighten everything up. You can read more about it here - http://ac2car.org/

Javelin
Javelin MegaDork
3/20/22 11:19 a.m.

In reply to adam525i :

Oooh nice

Javelin
Javelin MegaDork
3/21/22 12:36 p.m.

The new AFX cars are fast and just work, but I can't help but love the terrible driving but oh so good looking Auto World cars!

stroker
stroker UberDork
3/21/22 1:27 p.m.

Off topic, but that photo created a mental image of a grid of "vintage" Trans-Am cars (circa 1968-1972) using the ASA stock car chassis from previous discussions in the GRM Forum. 

<sigh> 

Ian F (Forum Supporter)
Ian F (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
3/21/22 1:38 p.m.
Noddaz
Noddaz UberDork
3/21/22 2:55 p.m.
Javelin said:

The new AFX cars are fast and just work, but I can't help but love the terrible driving but oh so good looking Auto World cars!

Auto World cars can be made to work.  Just takes a bit of fiddling and some spare parts.

BTW Jav, have you seen these?  TFX chassis from One Stop Slot Shop.  

One Stop Slot Shop

Spendy at $30 each, but they run nice out of the box and there are different colors of wheels and gears!

Javelin
Javelin MegaDork
4/7/22 1:06 p.m.

In reply to Noddaz :

Oooh, TFX looks fun!

Javelin
Javelin MegaDork
5/20/23 11:43 a.m.

I'm headed to the season ending PHOSAR Oregon Invitational today. We are racing the new TFX for the Cup. Should be a lot of fun!

Noddaz
Noddaz PowerDork
5/20/23 12:07 p.m.

In reply to Javelin :

Nice!  Please post about it!

VolvoHeretic
VolvoHeretic Dork
5/20/23 7:50 p.m.

Cool thread. When I was a kid back in grade school in the 60s I had the usual HO slot cars and track and hung out at the little kid hobby shop which had a nice HO track. There was also a hobby shop with a 1:24 scale high banked 6 lane track for the older cigarette smoking kids that I wasn't allowed to hang out at.

I knew an older neighbor kid that was into the large slot cars and I eventually bought an old car he had for $6. The car didn't have a body which was required to race at the hobby shop so I dismantled my Star Trek Enterprise model by dissolving the glue with water (which I discovered after placing my submarine model in the bath tub) and used the top of the engineering section for a body. I don't remember how I attached it to the car, but it was the hottest looking if not the slowest car at the track. laugh

Javelin
Javelin MegaDork
5/20/23 8:15 p.m.
Noddaz said:

In reply to Javelin :

Nice!  Please post about it!

It was a ton of fun! 36 racers from WA, OR, CA, UT, and NV! I wasn't last and I came home with less cars (and better cars lol). 

Noddaz
Noddaz PowerDork
5/20/23 8:30 p.m.

In reply to Javelin :

Great!  When I race my motto is "anything but last."

Sometimes it even works. surprise

Javelin
Javelin MegaDork
5/21/23 2:13 a.m.
Javelin
Javelin MegaDork
5/21/23 11:54 a.m.

I got all my AMC slot cars out for a family photo:

Noddaz
Noddaz PowerDork
5/21/23 2:01 p.m.

In reply to Javelin :

That little zig-zag at the top of the elevation looked like it was killing people!  Great stuff!

Looks like it was fun!

And that is a bunch of AMC cars!  I am surprised you didn't race one.

5 6 7 8

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
9u7BcuXtbYHQ58mpnI6ziCEY5S5qqqYUJQCmUNnNcAYPTN0PU3Tv7kMiIk9RwZe1