GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH PowerDork
9/14/12 2:02 p.m.

^ LOL

yamaha
yamaha HalfDork
9/14/12 2:07 p.m.

In reply to Curmudgeon:

Buwahahahahahahaha, thats definitely worthy of +1.....

4cylndrfury
4cylndrfury UltimaDork
9/14/12 2:12 p.m.

Nice Curmudgeon, that is super hilarious.

HiTempguy
HiTempguy SuperDork
9/14/12 2:21 p.m.
oldsaw wrote: And, yeah, it would put a tremendous strain on existing suppliers and throw the world economy into chaos.

All I heard in this statement was "HiTempguy is going to be rolling around in his MB C63 AMG next year".

Bobzilla
Bobzilla UltraDork
9/14/12 2:26 p.m.

[QUOTE]A final thought: Greece is collapsing, the Iranians are getting aggressive, and Rome is in disarray. Welcome back to 430 BC[/QUOTE]

Seems things are back to "normal"!

stuart in mn
stuart in mn PowerDork
9/14/12 2:27 p.m.

That fake John Cleese story keeps getting recycled, year after year.

yamaha
yamaha HalfDork
9/14/12 2:44 p.m.

2 ex SEALs indentified

Just figured this would be welcome, apparently 2 ex seals were killed as well.

Curmudgeon
Curmudgeon MegaDork
9/14/12 2:58 p.m.
stuart in mn wrote: That fake John Cleese story keeps getting recycled, year after year.

And it's still funny.

yamaha
yamaha HalfDork
9/14/12 3:00 p.m.

In reply to Curmudgeon:

Indeed

oldsaw
oldsaw PowerDork
9/14/12 3:04 p.m.
HiTempguy wrote:
oldsaw wrote: And, yeah, it would put a tremendous strain on existing suppliers and throw the world economy into chaos.
All I heard in this statement was "HiTempguy is going to be rolling around in his MB C63 AMG next year".

Only if one's aspiration is to be a ballin'-wanna-be-Saudi-Prince kinda thing.

Then again, who knows if Harper has received "that" phone call with an "offer he can't refuse"? Welcome to the US, Mr. Hat.

Curmudgeon
Curmudgeon MegaDork
9/14/12 3:08 p.m.
oldsaw wrote: Welcome to the US, Mr. Hat.

Wait, what? I thought he was a US citizen already?

carguy123
carguy123 PowerDork
9/14/12 8:30 p.m.

Sorry, I've been in class all day and haven't been able to post what I think I know about the sudden influx of fighter planes to my neighborhood.

I'm told this base is one of the few that is equipped to accommodate carrier qualifications and certifications.

The guys at Lockheed aren't really talking other than to say it was "unprecedented" and they were doing carrier work.

From the people who have lived in our neighborhood for 15 years they say this happens every time just before something big happens elsewhere.

FWIW they are all gone. The whole place looks deserted, almost. So where did everyone go?

kazoospec
kazoospec Reader
9/14/12 9:01 p.m.

I suspect if something big is going down, its got little to do with Libya and a whole lot to do with Iran.

rebelgtp
rebelgtp UltraDork
9/14/12 9:41 p.m.

In reply to yamaha:

Yeah I heard about them as well. I never did hear what their function was at the embassy, I am assuming some sort of security role.

I wonder what will be happening tonight over there?

yamaha
yamaha HalfDork
9/15/12 12:25 a.m.

In reply to rebelgtp:

Douchebaggery........

cwh
cwh PowerDork
9/15/12 8:41 a.m.

How long before we see a spike in fuel prices?

mad_machine
mad_machine MegaDork
9/15/12 8:44 a.m.

gas went up 20 cents in the past 10 days here.. not sure I want it to go up again

z31maniac
z31maniac PowerDork
9/15/12 9:04 a.m.
cwh wrote: How long before we see a spike in fuel prices?

No joke, isn't it great how a possible disruption in less than 1% of the world's supply (that all goes to Europe) will cause a price spike in gas here. Ugh.

HiTempguy
HiTempguy SuperDork
9/15/12 11:04 a.m.
mad_machine wrote: gas went up 20 cents in the past 10 days here.. not sure I want it to go up again

Yep, gas spiked 10c/L here in Alberta. Everybody was like "I don't know why" and I'm like "put 2 and 2 together".

USUALLY we have something to blame (refinery down, some middle eastern country being loud and obnoxious), but I wonder if it's serious this time due to how quiet it is?

Was there a lot of posturing and horn blowing before entering Iraq or Afghanistan?

rebelgtp
rebelgtp UltraDork
9/15/12 11:17 a.m.

I had a dream a little while back and I remember gas being $20 a gallon in the dream

Hope things never get that bad.

Part of the dream also involved there being armed guards at the gas stations.

moparman76_69
moparman76_69 Reader
9/15/12 11:37 a.m.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SFlosNODqhE

Anti-stance
Anti-stance SuperDork
9/15/12 12:38 p.m.
carguy123 wrote: I'm told this base is one of the few that is equipped to accommodate carrier qualifications and certifications.

Well, I was right about Thursdays and carrier quals. lol

rebelgtp
rebelgtp UltraDork
9/15/12 12:56 p.m.
moparman76_69 wrote: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SFlosNODqhE

Spooky thing is they were only a few months off on the death of Kim Jong-il and the game came out I think 6 months to a year before he died?

racerfink
racerfink Dork
9/15/12 1:40 p.m.

With the Federal Reserve announcing QE3, you can expect inflation to increase, meaning higher prices at the pump and everywhere you buy things. I don't expect $20/gal., but it might get over $5.

carguy123
carguy123 PowerDork
9/15/12 2:12 p.m.

Printing more money to give us an unlimited QE3 will probably help in lots of ways outside of my paycheck which means that ultimately it will hurt.

Course I'm not sure how that is about Libya, other than wondering what impact it will have with my gas prices. Somehow I hadn't linked Libya with gas prices.

3 4 5 6 7

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
UUJRHqNyMTtjkgSnrVzGReWZ5JwZJOlMoJJV2WwJBzq3hDc8ThLcfZDsSp81C8RQ