17 18 19
infinitenexus
infinitenexus HalfDork
2/16/21 5:08 p.m.
captdownshift (Forum Supporter) said:

Ambulances are better though, you can proclaim that you found them like this and you were attempting to save them. 

"Sorry officer, the body just came with the vehicle.  I thought this was standard for an ambulance."

Stampie (FS)
Stampie (FS) MegaDork
2/16/21 5:08 p.m.

In reply to captdownshift (Forum Supporter) :

Amateur.  Pros keep enough lye in the house that you never need to transport the dead body.

Stampie (FS)
Stampie (FS) MegaDork
2/16/21 5:09 p.m.
QuasiMofo (John Brown) Forum Supporter said:

Bonus about living in the Midwest is that your car gets drift mods overnight!

Is there a way within your budget that you can raise the spoiler another three to four inches? It's pulling air effectively off of the rear windshield but you're not yet getting it off of the top of the roof to maximize available downforce. Either raising it up or extending it back further will improve its effectiveness. If you extend it back further then you may need to run a splitter or canards on the front as your steering may start to get lighter. 

You're assuming that he's fast enough to make any wing effective.

captdownshift (Forum Supporter)
captdownshift (Forum Supporter) UltimaDork
2/16/21 5:44 p.m.

In reply to Stampie (FS) :

Whatever the airspeed has been since the fall of that white stuff has been sufficient enough to make that spoiler work. 

Stampie (FS)
Stampie (FS) MegaDork
2/16/21 5:47 p.m.

Blowing snow and getting downforce are two different things.  I'll give Quasi that yes he's fast enough to blow snow off his spoiler.  But I can do the same with my lungs.

John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
2/16/21 6:40 p.m.

My plow guy finally came about 6pm.  In his defense, he's a friend of the family and he contacted us this morning asking if we needed to be anywhere...we did not.  He said he would come later, getting some other customers done before us.  Since you want snow pictures...  

PS: oh yeah, you'll have a plow guy!  

PICS:  

For contrast, same place in June:

Steve_Jones
Steve_Jones HalfDork
2/16/21 6:56 p.m.

Sounds like step mom gave you the push you needed to figure it out. When are you going to thank her?

I'm kidding. Enjoy Cleveland, it seems to be an ok place when I've been there for Ravens games. 

Dead_Sled
Dead_Sled HalfDork
2/16/21 10:04 p.m.

In reply to Stampie (FS) :

Tours of dead cadillac ranch are always free for GRMers.  It might not all be interesting, but there sure is a lot of junk to look at.

2/16/21 10:32 p.m.

In reply to Dead_Sled :

Wait, how many dead caddies are there? I know a guy who collects them and has had over 30. 

Dead_Sled
Dead_Sled HalfDork
2/17/21 12:07 a.m.

Currently only 5 dead caddies that will likely never see the road again.  Mostly boring N* stuff.  

Dead cadillac ranch came about shortly after we moved here.  Long story short, I had to cut up a 97 Deville to get the insurance agent off my back.  Some friends came over when it was cut in half and we were laughing how it looked like two cars that were half buried like at cadillac ranch, except more redneck.   I wanted to drag them to the side yard and claim it was art of some kind but swmbo wasn't having it. 

yupididit
yupididit PowerDork
2/17/21 12:14 a.m.

In reply to John Welsh :

Why so many Prius cars? 

thatsnowinnebago (Forum Supporter)
thatsnowinnebago (Forum Supporter) UltraDork
2/17/21 12:41 a.m.

In reply to yupididit :

He just really loves the environment.

2/17/21 2:58 a.m.
John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
2/17/21 3:22 a.m.

Much more colorful than my dull existence. 

John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
2/17/21 3:24 a.m.
yupididit said:

In reply to John Welsh :

Why so many Prius cars? 

Shown are 3 of the 4 I currently own out of the 5 I have owned as detailed in this build thread.   All used in my Medical Transport business 

Many I bought salvage and put back on the road,  like this latest one, a year ago...

2/17/21 10:23 a.m.

In reply to John Welsh :

Key parties are very awkward when everyone has the same set of keys...

yupididit
yupididit PowerDork
2/17/21 10:52 a.m.

In reply to yupididit :

You're going to wish that you hadn't asked

Who would've thought! Lol

17 18 19

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
9qAS2kbkBFM5NHW0S2RlzC9CJMCsEE1Ko1SBXkWtqbq3ZhEFjFJHjGnygC1xQ0I2