Curtis
Curtis UltimaDork
2/10/19 10:12 p.m.

I am a forum junkie.  I'm on  several.

In the past, if you wanted to post a picture from the intarwebs, you did a google image search, right clicked, and copied the image url.  It doesn't seem that I'm able to do that anymore.  Is that a response to copyright law things?  I have tried "inspect element" and copying the image url from there, but it never works.

How (in this modern era) do I search for a photo and find the url for it?

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
2/10/19 10:36 p.m.

They have been locked down a lot more these days.  I do a Right Click “open image in new tab” until I get an isolated picture, but many times that does not work.  The work around here is to right click and save the picture on your computer then upload the file here.

Cooter
Cooter SuperDork
2/11/19 4:53 a.m.

...and when tha doesn't work, I screenshot the page, and crop it to use the image.

Curtis
Curtis UltimaDork
2/11/19 10:55 a.m.

Some of my frequented forums don't allow uploads or attachments, but they allow inserting an image link with a url.  I see other folks doing it, but I can never find the image url.  Frustrating.

Cooter
Cooter SuperDork
2/11/19 12:01 p.m.

If they don't allow attachments you need to find a host.   If you can't right click to find it on the web page it is hosted on, right click on the Google image result, or try opening in another tab

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
gUL22g9Lx8rs8jNtJBvDpEa1cXsG3j9JaFlBrUGxq2hzPFmttEdMOhuvRm0jnD7y