1 2 3 4 5
759NRNG
759NRNG UberDork
8/25/22 9:03 p.m.

MODS ....wondering OUT loud why aren't the "locked" threads flushed? nothing to see here move along.....just sayin'.....free up whatever 

dean1484
dean1484 MegaDork
8/25/22 9:10 p.m.
aircooled said:

THREAD MISSING

The GRM Racing League thread in Sim Central is gone.  I JUST posted to it this morning (a YouTube video link) and have not seen it since.  It should be at the top of Sim Central, but does not show at all now.  I also cannot see it in my post history.

If the thread is somehow corrupted (hopefully not), if you could find a way to at least recover the first couple of posts, those are actually very useful information that I don't think is backed up anywhere.

Please O Please Fix this as there is years of information in that thread about Assetto Corsa.

If you do get this fixed is there a way we can back this up other than copying each page manually?

dean1484
dean1484 MegaDork
8/26/22 3:27 a.m.

Sauce also pointed out to me that it looks like all the threads with "unofficial GRM" in the title look to be gone. Virtually all the sim racing series threads going back many years appear to be gone. 

Javelin
Javelin MegaDork
8/26/22 10:13 a.m.
dean1484 said:
aircooled said:

THREAD MISSING

The GRM Racing League thread in Sim Central is gone.  I JUST posted to it this morning (a YouTube video link) and have not seen it since.  It should be at the top of Sim Central, but does not show at all now.  I also cannot see it in my post history.

If the thread is somehow corrupted (hopefully not), if you could find a way to at least recover the first couple of posts, those are actually very useful information that I don't think is backed up anywhere.

Please O Please Fix this as there is years of information in that thread about Assetto Corsa.

If you do get this fixed is there a way we can back this up other than copying each page manually?

We're working on it

Javelin
Javelin MegaDork
8/26/22 10:15 a.m.
dean1484 said:

Sauce also pointed out to me that it looks like all the threads with "unofficial GRM" in the title look to be gone. Virtually all the sim racing series threads going back many years appear to be gone. 

Interesting, I will also forward that to the devs

dean1484
dean1484 MegaDork
8/26/22 3:27 p.m.
Javelin said:
dean1484 said:

Thanks!!!!!

dean1484
dean1484 MegaDork
8/26/22 8:57 p.m.

Even if the thread can not be resurrected if the first page or two could be pulled from a backup that would be very helpfull. It covers most of the basics. 

dean1484
dean1484 MegaDork
8/29/22 9:05 a.m.

The embedding video thread is pinned. Not sure if that is on purpose or not. 

mr2s2000elise
mr2s2000elise UberDork
8/29/22 6:16 p.m.
dean1484
dean1484 MegaDork
8/30/22 1:23 a.m.
dean1484 said:
Javelin said:
dean1484 said:

Thanks!!!!!

Any news?

Tom Suddard
Tom Suddard Director of Marketing & Digital Assets
8/30/22 9:06 a.m.

In reply to dean1484 :

No, they're still working on it.

Javelin
Javelin MegaDork
8/30/22 10:22 a.m.

In reply to dean1484 :

Do you have a dead link to the missing thread? Or any of the missing ones?

dean1484
dean1484 MegaDork
8/30/22 8:05 p.m.
Javelin said:

In reply to dean1484 :

Let me look I may have the thread ID number and path. Air may also have it. We pulled it from the google web crawler that cashes most of the internet the other day. 

dean1484
dean1484 MegaDork
8/30/22 8:06 p.m.

In reply to Tom Suddard :

Thanks Tom!!!

dean1484
dean1484 MegaDork
8/30/22 8:07 p.m.

Air was able to pull most of what we needed to recreate a good part of what was lost. There is a link to where he got it in the new Assetto Corsa thread if that is helpfull. 

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH MegaDork
8/31/22 10:21 a.m.
Javelin said:

In reply to dean1484 :

One here:

https://grassrootsmotorsports.com/forum/simulation-central/assetto-corsa-on-pc/174453/page97/

Marjorie Suddard
Marjorie Suddard General Manager
8/31/22 10:31 a.m.

Developers have the thread on a recent backup, working to restore it.

dean1484
dean1484 MegaDork
9/1/22 8:34 a.m.
Marjorie Suddard said:

Developers have the thread on a recent backup, working to restore it.

Thank you so much !!!!!!  I just looked and the thread has been restored. 

Jesse Ransom
Jesse Ransom UltimaDork
9/7/22 11:58 a.m.

EDIT: I just reposted it in Cars For Sale and put a link in the original thread, but feel free to delete the old thread, since it only contained me and Indy Guy being frustrated at the distance between him and the Ranchero.

Is it possible to move a thread to another category?

I am an idiot and put my Ranchero in Grassroots Motorsports instead of, um, you know, Cars for Sale.

EDIT: Or Classic Cars For Sale. I leave it to the editorial judgment. It's old enough to be a classic, but condition and pedigree probably make it more GRM than CM?

https://grassrootsmotorsports.com/forum/grm/1963-ranchero-project-mine-affiliated-entangled-etc-cheap-save-me/198999/

Javelin
Javelin MegaDork
9/8/22 9:11 a.m.

In reply to ddavidv :

Links fellas, we need links

Toyman!
Toyman! MegaDork
9/26/22 11:27 a.m.

Just a FYI.

The delete button is not working. It asks if you are sure and then you get the go back the way you came message. 

racerfink
racerfink UberDork
9/27/22 9:01 p.m.
Javelin
Javelin MegaDork
9/27/22 9:51 p.m.

In reply to racerfink :

That's really really odd

Noddaz
Noddaz PowerDork
9/28/22 4:35 p.m.

In reply to Russian Warship, Go Berkeley Yourself :

I down voted that.  Is that what we are supposed to do until the weather clears?

dyintorace
dyintorace PowerDork
9/28/22 5:52 p.m.

Mods - Could you change the title of this thread to reflect that the wheels are now in GA? No SC involvement any longer. Thanks!

https://grassrootsmotorsports.com/forum/off-topic-discussion/grm-relay-needed-4-wheelstires-from-sc-or-ga-to-the-challenge/198136/page1/

1 2 3 4 5

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
JkQNhX4RDlC65cvNqaxfpWSHAFKjM0VcjsfUS1VqDivPmQTo09ahQJIMhGXJmEBC