1 2
mad_machine
mad_machine SuperDork
8/12/09 8:46 a.m.

My Father has a veggie oil powered GMC diesel. He loves nothing more than to cover tailgaters in french fry smoke. Slow down a bit to get them nice and close... then floor it till she belches..

When I drove trucks for a living.. we had ONE gas powered box truck.. an old ford with a 429 ( I think) in it. With it's short 6 foot long exhaust system, revving it up to redline (all of 4500) and shifting would produce the most terrifyingly loud backfire. Great fun.

Shame that truck sprang a leak on the highway and by the time the gage showed any movement.. it had already put a rod through the block. One last bang

joey48442
joey48442 SuperDork
8/12/09 10:35 a.m.
Cotton wrote: I normally don't smoke people out. I don't have my truck tuned to smoke like crazy, but it is a 12v Cummins, so it you lug it etc it will produce some decent smoke at times. I was on a rural country road with a 55mph speed limit and all the sudden people are slowing to 30 and swerving around something up ahead. I'm in my 95 one ton dually and towing a 20 ft gooseneck trailer loaded with my old trail rig Jeep Cherokee. I finally see what has been causing all the commotion, a scooter, and luckily just came up to a passing section in the road. I pull beside the scooter and look over......it is purple metalflake with flames (no E36 M3) and says on the side in big silver metalflake "IT'S ALL ABOUT THE MPG". Okay, so she got the smoke......not a lot, but enough to let her know she needs to get a bigger ballin' scooter, so she can at least do the speed limit. Keep in mind I have no issue with two wheelers....I've been riding dirt and street motorcycles for over 20 years, but this was BS.

Unfortunatley, all this does is reinforce her convictions. You can't change extreme thinking like that...

Joey

donalson
donalson SuperDork
8/12/09 11:35 a.m.

haha... we've got LOTS of real rednecks down here in the panhandle of FL... honestly it's refered to as "L.A" aka lower alabama... it's honestly more bama then it is FL...

there are a handful of rednecks rollin in diesel trucks... but most of em are in old gasser chebbys...

side note... they made the "balls" illegal in FL... only seen one in recent memory... however I have seen a few guys rolling around with a pair of nuts (like bolts/nuts type nuts) dangling from a chain...

4cylndrfury
4cylndrfury Dork
8/12/09 11:42 a.m.

^^yeah, a local to me mom and pop hardware store is selling big brass nuts brazed onto chain for like 19.99. The total RETAIL cost of the combo is around $8. The rednecks around here will waste money on everything but new clothes and dentistry

alex
alex HalfDork
8/12/09 5:10 p.m.

Fogging, eh? Never heard that term. A buddy of mine had a Cummins Ram for a while, with a Bulldog chip. That thing could smoke like I'd never seen. But I never thought to use those powers for evil.

Osterkraut
Osterkraut Dork
8/12/09 11:42 p.m.
Mental wrote:
joey48442 wrote: ...with a "we lost 150 years ago and can't get over it" flag license plate on the front. I'm so sick of them. Joey
'at dar is sum mightee tuff talk fer a feller that spends so much time in Tennesee in wunna dem dar girlie Me-otterz.

You watch good TV for an old guy.

Chebbie_SB
Chebbie_SB HalfDork
8/13/09 12:32 a.m.

In reply to NYG95GA:

A muffler bomb in the "Mom-mobile" (been there, done that, got the E36 M3ty t-shirt)

Chebbie

cxhb
cxhb Reader
8/13/09 9:40 a.m.

All this diesel talk makes me think about the scene here in SW ohio. For whatever reason, i dont know if it is the rise in popularity of country music or what but i see a TON of 16-19 year olds with diesels or really big lifted gas burners thinking they are hot e36 m3 black smoking people and stuff. Of course almost all of them have the stars and bars and some have stuff like "proud to be country/redneck blah bah blah" crap on the back. I see more and more of them everyday and these kids are often obnoxious, ignorant and sadly enough sometimes racist.

The funniest part of all of it is, they all claim to be "proud rednecks" and the such, but i never see them do anything country but park their trucks at a local gas station parking lot and act like retards shouting and cursing anything that isnt an american car. and these "rednecks", arent even country... every single one of them lives in the surrounding suburbia that is SW ohio.

This stuff drives me INSANE

Mental
Mental SuperDork
8/13/09 10:02 a.m.
joey48442 wrote:
Cotton wrote: I normally don't smoke people out. I don't have my truck tuned to smoke like crazy, but it is a 12v Cummins, so it you lug it etc it will produce some decent smoke at times. I was on a rural country road with a 55mph speed limit and all the sudden people are slowing to 30 and swerving around something up ahead. I'm in my 95 one ton dually and towing a 20 ft gooseneck trailer loaded with my old trail rig Jeep Cherokee. I finally see what has been causing all the commotion, a scooter, and luckily just came up to a passing section in the road. I pull beside the scooter and look over......it is purple metalflake with flames (no E36 M3) and says on the side in big silver metalflake "IT'S ALL ABOUT THE MPG". Okay, so she got the smoke......not a lot, but enough to let her know she needs to get a bigger ballin' scooter, so she can at least do the speed limit. Keep in mind I have no issue with two wheelers....I've been riding dirt and street motorcycles for over 20 years, but this was BS.
Unfortunatley, all this does is reinforce her convictions. You can't change extreme thinking like that... Joey

re-reading that, it reminded me of that Cashew commercial wheere the buck-tooth, unibrow girl was getting all of the attention from passing guys.

Who knows, perhpas she got to work and that shy but athletic country feller in the supply warehouse in-explicably started paying more attention to her.

andrave
andrave Reader
8/13/09 10:11 a.m.

a sportster pulled up next to me in my turbo'd 240 and started doing his harley thing where he blips the throttle. So I blip mine. He revs back. Light turns green and we both take off. He makes lots of noise but a block later he is a few lengths back. I stop at the next red light and look over, smiling. He said "that was fun.. but geez... " and I said "I thought bikes were supposed to be fast." He said "I thought this thing WAS fast... what do you have done to that thing????"

it was priceless.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
h3WSMShQeWRWfFjRRx3FyDVVTm0AbcFGP5yGqXFhqUQfqZ3lElRdSa4exYu7RSuM