1 2
spitfirebill
spitfirebill UltraDork
9/12/12 7:25 a.m.
slefain wrote: Well the ballsy bastards hit the whole street today. Mail scattered all down the street. Apparently they just walk by a mailbox, grab everything out, then sort and toss as they walk. Now we know it is a local since they have hit multiple times.Luckily my wife grabbed the mail just after the mailman came by so our stuff was safe. We put a mail stop order in at the post office and we will be forwarding our mail to a P.O. box now. Apparently we can keep the mailing address, but our mail will just be forwarded to the P.O. box. I remember that we did that with granddad for his house when he moved in with my in-laws.

Call thelocal cops and postal inspectors. The little bastards have left fingerprints all over the envelopes. Its worth a shot.

Giant Purple Snorklewacker
Giant Purple Snorklewacker MegaDork
9/12/12 7:30 a.m.
xd wrote: UPS store = post office box with real street address. I have a few. The also will forward mail for you.

+this

The UPS Store gives you an address like your mailbox is a suite in their building so anything can go there. It is not really cheap (IIRC $200/yr) - but it works well and you can have items needing a signature or a commercial address shipped there and they will hold it for you. I had all my race rubber shipped there so it wouldn't get left out in the driveway while I was traveling for work.

The smile when they say "Will you please get this stinky pile of rubber E36 M3 out of here"

I don't have mine anymore and I miss it.

JohnRW1621
JohnRW1621 PowerDork
9/12/12 7:39 a.m.

You have all fallen for tonnygardens Zombie Canoe

davidjs
davidjs Reader
9/12/12 9:34 a.m.
JohnRW1621 wrote: You have all fallen for tonnygardens Zombie Canoe

Am I the only one who doesn't understand how that was worthwhile spam? What does someone get out of that?

There's not even a link to a website... how do they get a return?

16vCorey
16vCorey PowerDork
9/12/12 9:49 a.m.
davidjs wrote:
JohnRW1621 wrote: You have all fallen for tonnygardens Zombie Canoe
Am I the only one who doesn't understand how that was worthwhile spam? What does someone get out of that? There's not even a link to a website... how do they get a return?

I wondered the same thing.

cwh
cwh PowerDork
9/12/12 10:01 a.m.

We use a "Mail Box" place, similar to the UPS store, but considerably cheaper. All of our inbound shipments go there, as well as all our mail. Address shows street address and a suite number. No problems at all, except the Parking Nazis are quite active, so it costs me .25 to pick up my stuff. Not as convenient as door side, but is completely secure.

wbjones
wbjones UltraDork
9/12/12 6:34 p.m.
EastCoastMojo wrote: We have this one. As long as you have a mail carrier that's smart enough to put the mail in far enough to drop down it works great. Or mail carrier, not so smart, leaves all the mail sitting on the little shelf where anyone can still grab it, completely defeating the purpose of a locking mailbox entirely.

kinda hard to receive packages ... home delivery ....

EastCoastMojo
EastCoastMojo Mod Squad
2/21/18 4:48 p.m.

Zombie thread, canoe deleted

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
JXeXIVPEWqkxIWCM2sKxCM9Duo2b6wMykW7MSWzFqvEHP7HTpOyXa4jjifLF3oLG