1 2
carguy123
carguy123 PowerDork
8/29/12 10:43 a.m.
ddavidv wrote: My next mattress will be memory foam, probably from Costco. I hope to never set foot in another mattress store again. Sort of the same way I feel about new car dealerships.

Have you slept on a memory foam mattress? Do it before you go spend the mega bucks.

Buying a mattress is a personal preference item and what's right for one person is 12 times of WRONG for another.

But memory foams seems to have the most wrong for the most people.

It's hotter than blue blazes and there's nothing you can do about it because it requires heat to make it work (to let you sink into it.)

Sinking into it means you'd better like your sleeping position because it takes what seems like forever in the middle of the night for the hole to disappear and you to be able to quit holding onto the side for dear life so you don't roll back into the hole from your new position.

Like to sleep with the windows open in the winter? Then get used to sleeping on a concrete block OR making sure the electric blanket is cranked up a long time before bedtime.

If you're looking for longevity then latex is your man. It supposedly lasts a full third longer than a memory foam. I don't know how they figure these things out, but I know they last a lot longer than an innerspring.

John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
7/4/18 5:55 a.m.

Spammed comments deleted. 

Tread lightly and be sure to notice that this is a NEARLY 6 YEAR OLD CONVERSATION (from Aug 2012)

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
T78zbx1CF5ft8OkTsIeu2DA75zgoebOXQIPJZCoM7J7KukJQ3iCnabrNNFPjZidB