https://www.healthline.com/health/bacterial-joint-inflammation

septic arthritis

Fueled by Caffeine
Fueled by Caffeine MegaDork
12/21/18 2:30 p.m.
z31maniac said:
dculberson said:

In reply to ddavidv :

A feature of the female only? Males never take what women do for granted?

sorry to throw a fork into the conversation but that was frankly misogynistic. We all take for granted what we’re used to. It a feature of humans not “females.”

You know what I don't take for granted? 

That someone will find a way to be offended about basically anything.

hey look an old man arrived

dculberson
dculberson UltimaDork
12/21/18 2:43 p.m.
RevRico said:

Yes yes, congratulations, some of you are more "woke" than others. Absolutely not relevant at all to the topic at hand. Lighten up the lot of you.

What's this whole "I have pneumonia and the infection is in my knee" thing?

Pneumonia is a lung infection is it not? Or is this thing with the knee a bonus health issue on top of the pneumonia?

Thanks, I agree, and yes - so bizarre, I'd never heard of pneumonia infecting joints!!  I'm glad you caught it and hope you heal well, Caffeine!

spitfirebill
spitfirebill MegaDork
12/21/18 3:10 p.m.
Fueled by Caffeine said:
z31maniac said:
dculberson said:

In reply to ddavidv :

sorry to throw a fork into the conversation but that was frankly misogynistic. We all take for granted what we’re used to. It a feature of humans not “females.”

BullE36 M3. I haven't said a damned thing.  

RevRico
RevRico UberDork
12/21/18 3:23 p.m.

In reply to Fueled by Caffeine :

Ouch. Hope you heal up quick.

I've never been so happy to have no cartilage left in my knees as I am now knowing it could get infected. 

Wally
Wally MegaDork
12/21/18 4:08 p.m.

So it’s actually Knee-monia?  I’ll see myself out...

Dr. Hess
Dr. Hess MegaDork
12/21/18 4:15 p.m.
Wally said:

I am deeply offended by this statement. I see it as extremely misjointistic and I'm calling it out as Bad Behavior.  The world would be a better place if we would all not say things that hurt other people, whether we intended to or not.  In the future, before you say anything, please stop and think:  "Is there any way at all that some dumb brain washed Tard, I mean Dork, could possibly be offended by this?"  If the answer is "Yes," then it is best if you don't say that.  Thank you.

Fueled by Caffeine
12/21/18 4:19 p.m.

KyAllroad (Jeremy)
KyAllroad (Jeremy) PowerDork
12/21/18 5:42 p.m.

Two separate infections guys.  Pneumonia is in the lungs and makes one lethargic.  Septic joint is the knee and unrelated (just crappy to have simultaneously).

disclaimer: I haven’t spoken with FBC about his issues, just have some medical experience.

z31maniac
z31maniac MegaDork
12/21/18 5:44 p.m.
Fueled by Caffeine said:
z31maniac said:
dculberson said:

In reply to ddavidv :

36 qualifies as an old man now? I just find the constant virtue signaling hysterical. Literally.

Oh wait, what am I supposed to be offended about? Oh, fast food restaurants, that's right. 

https://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/2018/12/19/peta-popeyes-mocking-mental-illness-by-selling-boxes-of-dead-emotional-support-chickens-for-holidays/

Dr. Hess
Dr. Hess MegaDork
12/21/18 6:00 p.m.
KyAllroad (Jeremy) said:

Two separate infections guys.  Pneumonia is in the lungs and makes one lethargic.  Septic joint is the knee and unrelated (just crappy to have simultaneously).

disclaimer: I haven’t spoken with FBC about his issues, just have some medical experience.

Likely not unrelated at all. Pneumonia is in the lungs and can make one dead. A simultaneously infected large joint is likely the same organism and can make one crippled.  I'm surprised they're treating him on an out patient basis. I hope they cultured that stuff.  Maybe consult the ortho guys and get them to pull some fluid out for cultures. Most primary care doctors wouldn't be comfortable running a needle into the knee to get some fluid to send off.

Anyway, we're all pullin' fer ya, Iggy.  Plenty of rest and antibiotics.

stanger_missle
stanger_missle SuperDork
12/21/18 6:26 p.m.
Fueled by Caffeine said:

In reply to RevRico :

https://www.healthline.com/health/bacterial-joint-inflammation

septic arthritis

Septic arthritis sounds like a Grateful Dead cover band.

It doesn't sound fun though. Hope you get better soon.

dculberson
dculberson UltimaDork
12/21/18 6:35 p.m.
Dr. Hess said:
Wally said:

I am deeply offended by this statement. I see it as extremely misjointistic and I'm calling it out as Bad Behavior.  The world would be a better place if we would all not say things that hurt other people, whether we intended to or not.  In the future, before you say anything, please stop and think:  "Is there any way at all that some dumb brain washed Tard, I mean Dork, could possibly be offended by this?"  If the answer is "Yes," then it is best if you don't say that.  Thank you.

Hmm thanks I appreciate being called a brainwashed tard. I know we don’t see eye to eye on everything but I’m not an shiny happy person to you eh?

Toyman01
Toyman01 MegaDork
12/21/18 7:12 p.m.

Quite a few issues coming into the end of the year. Several of them in this thread, not all of them physical.

FBC, deep infections aren't anything to play around with. They can get significantly worse in a hurry. Keep a close eye on it and get to the Doc if anything changes for the worse. The last one I had went from tender and a little swollen to get to the ER for admission to the hospital in about 6 hours. I ended up spending 3 days in the hospital on IV antibiotics. 

Feel better everyone. 

I hope all of us have a great Christmas/Holiday weekend. 

1988RedT2
1988RedT2 UltimaDork
12/21/18 7:14 p.m.

Indeed.  A Merry Christmas to all!

oldopelguy
oldopelguy UberDork
12/21/18 8:26 p.m.
Dr. Hess said:

Anyway, we're all pullin' fer ya, Iggy. 

Pulling, just not pulling his leg right now. 

dculberson
dculberson UltimaDork
12/21/18 8:54 p.m.

In reply to z31maniac :

Now standing up for what you believe in is “virtue signaling?” Nice. Maybe you’ll grin and bear it when a friend makes a racist joke at a party but I’m the type to politely tell them I’m not comfortable with that and why. Key “politely,” something lacking from your and Dr hess’s not so friendly replies. And I have no idea what my frankly level headed and reasonable replies have to do with the crazies at PETA.

Sorry again Caffeine, I’ll try to stop crapping up your thread now. 

Fueled by Caffeine
12/21/18 10:37 p.m.

And I’m at the er.  Merry Xmas. 

MrJoshua
MrJoshua UltimaDork
12/21/18 10:45 p.m.

Ouch FBC! Heal up man.

Wally
Wally MegaDork
12/21/18 10:59 p.m.

The ER on a Friday night with a full moon should provide enough entertainment to keep your mind off things anyway.  Get well soon.

Fueled by Caffeine
12/21/18 11:41 p.m.

Doc says dosent look like a septic joint. But she’s going to drain some fluid out and test it. 

Fueled by Caffeine
12/22/18 12:38 a.m.

White blood cell count good. Doc thinks it could be gout. Which is very odd as I’m on allo and have good Uric acid numbers in my test. 

Brett_Murphy
Brett_Murphy UltimaDork
12/22/18 1:21 a.m.

Damn, that sucks. Sorry, FBC. I hope you recover fully and quickly. Pneumonia is no joke. I had it years ago and it took me months to get my fitness and health back to where they were previously.

As for the thread within a thread: The burden of performance article gave me a headache, and I just skimmed it. I've read better horoscopes, and I think about all they're good for it toilet paper. Additionally, I get that text is an imperfect medium, but I don't see anything out of order with anything dculberson said based on the way he seems to have understood it.

Fueled by Caffeine
12/22/18 1:49 a.m.

So this may have been pneumonia with also the worst gout attack ever.   I got sick.   Missed allo doses maybe.  Was not drinking my usual large amount of water. Good news is that the pneumonia is resolving with my current course of antibiotics.  What a journey

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
12/22/18 1:52 a.m.

Don't berkeley around with pneumonia. It just got done killing my old man, and he was tougher than everyone in this thread, put together - including Wally.  

Seriously. 

1 2 3 4

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
16AC7jv7lNiheBEefY0TvlHpDMq3qnZO8gD72pePVYqfGrJeOhGVPryOXwKLEiMO