16 17 18
kazoospec
kazoospec PowerDork
10/19/21 4:27 p.m.

I started working on the interior.  Got a display shelf done for the "vintage gaming" side of the business and the world's smallest table Pac Man game done for the arcade side.  For some reason, I'm now craving Pizza Hut.

BTW: Everything on here is flat/square.  My phone camera does weird stuff on close-ups.

kazoospec
kazoospec PowerDork
10/20/21 7:28 p.m.

Got a few stand up arcade games and a side-by-size racing game made for the arcade.  Still need to paint them, obviously.

kazoospec
kazoospec PowerDork
10/21/21 8:13 p.m.

Today's creation for every child of the 80's - USA v Russia hockey.  It doesn't scale out perfectly, but it looks pretty cool, so it'll probably go in the "front window". 

slowbird
slowbird UltraDork
10/22/21 3:33 a.m.

That's cool as heck.

Pete Gossett (Forum Supporter)
Pete Gossett (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
10/22/21 6:02 a.m.

In reply to kazoospec :

I can't even imagine trying to achieve that level of detail on such a small scale!

APEowner
APEowner SuperDork
10/22/21 7:26 a.m.

A model train store next to the game store would be a great addition.

kazoospec
kazoospec PowerDork
10/22/21 2:36 p.m.
APEowner said:

A model train store next to the game store would be a great addition.

Unfortunately, we're pretty much out of green (or in this case pink) space.  I've got one more "real" building I've promised Kazookid2 I'll build, then we're done unless (i.e. "until") we expand the benchwork.

kazoospec
kazoospec PowerDork
10/22/21 8:29 p.m.

Tonight, "The Claaaaaaw!"

kazoospec
kazoospec PowerDork
10/23/21 5:45 p.m.

The arcade interior is pretty much done:

kazoospec
kazoospec PowerDork
10/31/21 5:01 p.m.

Outside is done now too.  This is "Dub Z Vintage Gaming".  It's probably our best "family business".  It's also the first one with a lighted sign.

11GTCS
11GTCS Dork
10/31/21 6:46 p.m.

Really cool, nice work. We need a pulled back shot of the whole layout lit up at some point too.

kazoospec
kazoospec PowerDork
10/31/21 8:16 p.m.

In reply to 11GTCS :

Here's our current status.  The only "open" section is kind of in the center right on this photo.  The section on the lower left is being left "semi-finished" because we are still hoping to do one more expansion before we're out of room and that will be our "access" to the next section of benchwork.  

Here's our current lighting set up:

kazoospec
kazoospec PowerDork
11/1/21 8:39 p.m.

Tonight, I made eagles, and a nest.  About 3 of these would fit on a quarter.  

kazoospec
kazoospec PowerDork
11/2/21 8:07 p.m.

Tonight, I started working on a "nature trail" for a couple of our neighbors.  I still need to do the sign and add a little more "nature".  The eagles/nest are in the upper center.

slowbird
slowbird UltraDork
11/2/21 9:19 p.m.
kazoospec said:

Tonight, I made eagles, and a nest.  About 3 of these would fit on a quarter.  

How do you do, fellow birds? laugh Very cool.

kazoospec
kazoospec PowerDork
11/5/21 7:11 p.m.

Still working on the "nature trail" area.  I'm building this section for my neighbor, who also happens to be my middle school shop and  science teacher (small school).  Last night I made some more "nature" and a sign for the trial.  The park rules are a paraphrase of his classroom rules back in the day, at least as best I remember them: 1. Stay on the path 2. Don't be an idiot.

pheller
pheller UltimaDork
12/6/21 1:27 p.m.

I've been bit by the small train bug. 

Now that my kiddo is getting old enough to appreciate such things, I decided I'd ask around to some family members who were NMRA members and have since closed up their layouts and just had parts laying around. 

My uncle had some HO train sets from the late 70's and early 80's that his kids gave back him when they were grown in the early 90's (I was still a kid when my cousins were out of college.) The stuff had been sitting for nearly 30 years. 

So I got about 15 freight cars of various types and 5 diesel locomotives, mostly Tyco. 

The 20ft or so of brass track was mostly junk, so I'm gonna give that to my nephews for their setup as they've got more room in their basement to diligently clean the track. 

I then went out and picked up some Kato Unitrack from the local hobby shop. Paid too much, but it was in dying Washington, PA mall, and the owners their gave me a lot of helpful advice. 

My thought it basically just set it up around Christmas time, maybe with two loops on separate transformers, and if the interest sticks, to pursue a N-Scale setup on a folding 2x10 platform. Until then, I figure I'll try to make a temporary "logging" style track layout. 

16 17 18

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
gD3Kjfb2t65GZPvDn0YSoPws4VrxLFkShkAtxviuHJUhsyqblyiqtnlEkutvyouB