Toymanswife
Toymanswife Reader
5/12/22 9:02 p.m.

With my mother passing away a year ago and being gifted a HUGE treasure load of pictures recently that I just cannot store forever... I'd like to scan them in to be able to share with the rest of the family. I have a scanner but the reality is this is over a months worth of a full time job scanning in just HALF of these. I have looked on Amazon at scanning bars and small scanners that can handle 8 by 10 photos. I have read reviews but we all know those can be a crapshoot. Does anyone have a product they have used to scan in a large number of photos relatively quickly? No, I cannot afford to use one of the services. There are too many photos. Thanks in advance.

grover
grover Dork
5/12/22 10:03 p.m.

If you have a dslr it's much easier and faster to setup a rig to "scan" via taking digital photos. Or course this can be done very well or very poorly depending on time and resources committed. 

the_machina
the_machina Reader
5/13/22 2:05 p.m.

Epson FastFoto FF-680W Review | PCMag

Something like that maybe?

You might also check with your local library, often they'll have equipment (like a photo scanner) that you can take out on loan for free.

llysgennad
llysgennad Reader
5/14/22 10:23 p.m.

I have a Canon portable flatbed scanner that I used to scan several thousand pictures, same situation. It will separate and individually save as many pictures as you can fit on the bed. It's about the size of a laptop and powered by usb. I don't know what the current model would be, but it worked great.

Edit: mine is a Canon Canoscan LIDE 700F

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
LpIRh9p8vSugB9n4rCCNZ3iSNYRJYWijbw21APF70IDUj4CR53oaMhPe2XG1pd75