1 2 3 4 5
ignorant
ignorant SuperDork
8/29/08 1:40 p.m.
poopshovel wrote: Personally, I think it was a smart move. She's already praising Hillary for "fracturing the glass ceiling." With all of the jaded Clinton voters, transparent move or not, I'm guessing it'll get him some "swing" votes.

not for nuthing... But the "swing" voter issue is mort. and seriously one thing Hillary will not stand for is people pandering to her voters. except backlash. Harsh backlash.

they are her voters damnit and she'll keep them

John Brown
John Brown SuperDork
8/29/08 1:41 p.m.

I will admit she may get the "schwing" votes I still don't see the swing votes.

poopshovel
poopshovel Dork
8/29/08 1:49 p.m.
Clinton's supporters backed her in part due to her pro-choice stance.

:George Carlin: "Who the hell would wanna berkeley them anyway!?" :George Carlin:

And yeah you dudes are probably right; I don't think there are as many "undecided" voters out there as the media would have us believe...though I do know a lot of dumb whores....

(too much?)

John Brown
John Brown SuperDork
8/29/08 1:50 p.m.

Nice, any numbers?

ignorant
ignorant SuperDork
8/29/08 1:52 p.m.
John Brown wrote: I will admit she may get the "schwing" votes I still don't see the swing votes.

I'll drink to that.

McCain - Cougar 08

poopshovel
poopshovel Dork
8/29/08 1:54 p.m.
John Brown wrote: Nice, any numbers?

Mom asked me not to give that out anymore.

alfadriver
alfadriver Reader
8/29/08 3:09 p.m.

Not that I'm going to Vote for McCain, but Palin sure did get a good education.

She went to the University of Idaho! GO VANDALS!

She graduated 3 years before me, and my brother knew her in school, and currently knows her now (he's in grants living outside of Fairbanks).

So I'm now 4 degrees of separation from McCain... ;)

What will be interesting is her stance on education, since she got her udergrad from a state, public, school.

Eric

jrw1621
jrw1621 Reader
8/29/08 3:22 p.m.

As lifted from another forum, it appears that She will be played by Tina Fey on SNL

jrw1621
jrw1621 Reader
8/29/08 3:24 p.m.
JG Pasterjak wrote: PRO: Kinda MILFy.

The new category, VPILF

JFX001
JFX001 HalfDork
8/29/08 3:25 p.m.
jrw1621 wrote: As lifted from another forum, it appears that She will be played by Tina Fey on SNL

Damn...I was going to say that she looks like a cross between Mariska Hartigay and Tina Fey.

doitover
doitover Reader
8/29/08 3:26 p.m.

Now when Mcain/Cougar get asked how many homes they own they can shoot back with, " So how many college degrees does Obama have? "

alfadriver wrote: Not that I'm going to Vote for McCain, but Palin sure did get a good education. She went to the University of Idaho! GO VANDALS! She graduated 3 years before me, and my brother knew her in school, and currently knows her now (he's in grants living outside of Fairbanks). So I'm now 4 degrees of separation from McCain... ;) What will be interesting is her stance on education, since she got her udergrad from a state, public, school. Eric
jrw1621
jrw1621 Reader
8/29/08 3:44 p.m.

This choice may clear the way for The Obama-nation

John Brown
John Brown SuperDork
8/29/08 3:53 p.m.

Jobama, the Obama-null snow man.

bastomatic
bastomatic Dork
8/29/08 8:25 p.m.

I have to say it's a bad pick. Now McCain can't harp on inexperience, and it's particularly obvious why he made the choice - try and grab Hillary's votes. If Hillary would have been the VP candidate, what do you wanna bet McCain would have picked differently? Seems like an obvious pandering ploy to me, and Hillary's supporters won't fall for it - she wouldn't let them.

I didn't think she was all that great speaking today either. Came off as someone who is in over their head.

Keith
Keith SuperDork
8/29/08 9:31 p.m.

I'm not allowed to vote in the US (something to do with the wrong kind of passport) and I tend to lean a little more to the left anyway. But I would rock a McCain/Cougar bumper sticker.

Dr. Hess
Dr. Hess SuperDork
8/29/08 9:35 p.m.

Got my vote.

carguy123
carguy123 HalfDork
8/29/08 9:50 p.m.
jrw1621 wrote: This choice may clear the way for The Obamination

Fixed it for you.

JoeyM
JoeyM New Reader
8/29/08 10:29 p.m.
John Brown said:Nice, any numbers?

The rumor is 36-28-35.
http://www.chickipedia.com/sarah-palin/ Sometimes I'm amazed at the stuff on this interweb-thingy

vazbmw
vazbmw New Reader
8/29/08 11:06 p.m.

So she can run this country because she can shoot a freak'n gun. $%^* I should be king then

Don't forget, if something happens to the old dude, she will be in charge. I guess she will take her stupid little rifle to Georgia and teach the Russians how to act. Not

Mental
Mental SuperDork
8/29/08 11:44 p.m.
JoeyM wrote:
John Brown said:Nice, any numbers?
The rumor is 36-28-35. http://www.chickipedia.com/sarah-palin/ Sometimes I'm amazed at the stuff on this interweb-thingy

http://www.vpilf.com/ 36 twenny fo 36? Only if she's 5'3

skierd
skierd Dork
8/29/08 11:50 p.m.
vazbmw wrote: So she can run this country because she can shoot a freak'n gun. $%^* I should be king then Don't forget, if something happens to the old dude, she will be in charge. I guess she will take her stupid little rifle to Georgia and teach the Russians how to act. Not

And Obama's two weeks in the senate make him so much more qualified? At least she's 1) had executive experience and 2) the VP canididate, not the candidate for the top spot.

Wally
Wally SuperDork
8/30/08 2:23 a.m.

That didn't take long

http://www.vpilf.com/

ignorant
ignorant SuperDork
8/30/08 6:13 a.m.

Yeah..

Might as well put BP on the ticket as well now.

McCain/Palin/BP '08

yay big oil

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2008/president/us/general_election_mccain_vs_obama-225.html

latest has Mccain down.

Obama up...

ignorant
ignorant SuperDork
8/30/08 7:03 a.m.

http://selfishpolicies.com/

* We are at odds with the world community and have fewer friends than in fifty years.
* We are more fearful of the future than in decades.
* We're back to deficits, big deficits. The surplus has been spent... and then some. We've gone from a $236 billion annual surplus to a $521 billion deficit! The ten year projection has changed from a $5.6 trillion surplus to a $5 trillion deficit, a $10 trillion swing.
* Unemployment has reached over 10% of the work force, as high as it was in 1982. Over 2.7 million jobs lost.
* The stock market has cratered, wiping out millions of people's retirement savings.
* Corporate scandals by high-flying companies (and big Republican supporters) have rocked the economy.
* Corporate taxes are now only 1.3% of GDP, the lowest in twenty years. In 2002, less than half of actual corporate profits were subject to corporate income tax.

last point please**

wreckerboy
wreckerboy SuperDork
8/30/08 7:07 a.m.
Jensenman wrote: Yep, she plays buddy buddy to all those oil companies that mail checks to her constituents back home. Makes a damn sight more sense than saying 'I'm cutting off your money.' In that way, she's like the Dems who want to fling entitlement money everywhere. The difference: she ain't picking my pocket to do it.

Um, yes she is, but in a slightly more indirect way. Where do you think the oil companies get the money to give to her from?

1 2 3 4 5

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
ozb7anGwYe3pxEbBz7yFgCkxWLWboLZCD0C9CpGTg91aCWzVABZ5GW7T7t8TeUWZ