8/5/22 7:29 p.m.

Steve_Jones
Steve_Jones Dork
8/5/22 7:56 p.m.

Recon1342
Recon1342 SuperDork
8/5/22 8:38 p.m.

In reply to Beer Baron :

Ruthless and efficient. Humans have higher endurance than pretty much any other mammal. We will literally run you to death...

Jay_W
Jay_W SuperDork
8/5/22 8:48 p.m.

In reply to Toyman! :

Not all of it. I applaud these folks. They give me much hope for the species. 

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) MegaDork
8/5/22 8:52 p.m.
Recon1342 said:

In reply to Beer Baron :

Ruthless and efficient. Humans have higher endurance than pretty much any other mammal. We will literally run you to death...

Indeed.  I forget where I'd read it, but it was pointed out that humans used to commonly kill prey by literally chasing them until they were too exhausted to continue.

We tamed horses by running them down.

We run long distances that would kill practically all other land animals, for FUN.

Another consideration is that our large brain is an artifact of redundancy, from running down lesser animals like gazelles and such on the African savannah without going braindead.  Or running away from lions and whatever. 

Others would argue that leaving the trees was the worst thing that we'd ever done.  Macaques have a society based on boinking, maybe they had a better idea...

logdog (Forum Supporter)
logdog (Forum Supporter) UberDork
8/5/22 9:10 p.m.

Our bearded dragon reminds me of the Evil Kermit meme when he is sleeping under his blanket.

NickD
NickD MegaDork
8/5/22 9:13 p.m.

superfund
superfund New Reader
8/5/22 10:07 p.m.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
8/6/22 12:39 a.m.

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
8/6/22 7:44 a.m.

wheelsmithy (Joe-with-an-L)
wheelsmithy (Joe-with-an-L) PowerDork
8/6/22 8:26 a.m.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
8/6/22 9:54 a.m.

In reply to wheelsmithy (Joe-with-an-L) :

See also:  Ghost. Dress like Slipknot, sound like The Scorpions.

gearheadmb
gearheadmb UltraDork
8/6/22 10:15 a.m.
NickD said:

I hope this continues and I hope BMW takes a hard berkeleyin on their sales and reputation for this, because if they dont all other mfg's are going to follow this business model. 

meme unrelated 

STM317
STM317 PowerDork
8/6/22 10:20 a.m.

May be a cartoon of ‎text that says '‎PILLAGE THE ARMORY NEXT, RIGHT, ACHILLES? ...WHERE'S ACHILLES? ဒမ ラ少 2/20 וא ስ aman 미 ANAR แขรมอสนก์ Bore จู่อ CoNTRARY To LEGEND, ACHILLES' HEEL WEAKNESS WAS SoMETHING QUITE DIFFERENT.‎'‎

wheelsmithy (Joe-with-an-L)
wheelsmithy (Joe-with-an-L) PowerDork
8/6/22 10:35 a.m.
Duke said:

In reply to wheelsmithy (Joe-with-an-L) :

See also:  Ghost. Dress like Slipknot, sound like The Scorpions.

I believe that's far too generous to Ghost. Not my thing. I actually like Kiss, it's just they are a pop band. Funny that it's all about doin' it, though.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
8/6/22 10:48 a.m.

In reply to gearheadmb :

Everybody is up in arms about the BMW seats, but they don't know the whole story.

YES, you can subscribe to the heated seats. That sounds terrible on the face of it, but it actually makes sense. This way, if you bring a southern car (which in older times may not have had heated seats when purchased) up north, all you have to do is call up BMW and get them turned on. Or you can only rent them for 3 months out of the year if you want.

BUT WAIT, THERE'S MORE:

You can also buy a lifetime, permanent subscription instead of the month-to-month. And guess what?  It costs about the same as the original heated seats option did.

This is lots of weeping and tooth-gnashing over not much.

RevRico
RevRico UltimaDork
8/6/22 11:45 a.m.

In reply to Duke :

It's the precedent it sets. As we've learned over the past few years, the subscription slope is extremely slippery. 

Duke
Duke MegaDork
8/6/22 11:58 a.m.

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
8/6/22 2:19 p.m.

No Time
No Time SuperDork
8/6/22 4:50 p.m.

NickD
NickD MegaDork
8/6/22 6:04 p.m.

Ranger50
Ranger50 MegaDork
8/6/22 6:54 p.m.

Floating Doc (Forum Supporter)
Floating Doc (Forum Supporter) PowerDork
8/6/22 10:15 p.m.

volvoclearinghouse
volvoclearinghouse PowerDork
8/6/22 11:18 p.m.

In reply to Floating Doc (Forum Supporter) :

The lowercase "i" in otherwise all caps text is what bothers me the most. 

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
lNAOuHtshQvKKt9oX09jkpEMljDzRcNupYYagzcCRc6goyZnDFDmfSBvSu7KpfDM