barefootcyborg5000 PowerDork
8/15/22 4:13 p.m.

DarkMonohue
DarkMonohue HalfDork
8/15/22 4:18 p.m.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
8/15/22 4:26 p.m.

Not that I would know, since I've never had one. But I can imagine this is accurate.

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) MegaDork
8/15/22 4:51 p.m.
Duke said:

Not that I would know, since I've never had one. But I can imagine this is accurate.

On the nose.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
8/15/22 4:52 p.m.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
8/15/22 5:04 p.m.

In reply to Duke :

My nickname for him: Gahbyden

Captdownshift (Forum Supporter)
Captdownshift (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
8/15/22 5:39 p.m.

volvoclearinghouse
volvoclearinghouse PowerDork
8/15/22 5:45 p.m.

In reply to Captdownshift (Forum Supporter) :

That can't be a Baltimore scene, there's no graffiti on that wall, nor a fentanyl dealer in sight. 

johndej
johndej SuperDork
8/15/22 6:41 p.m.

Steve_Jones
Steve_Jones Dork
8/15/22 6:43 p.m.
volvoclearinghouse said:

In reply to Captdownshift (Forum Supporter) :

That can't be a Baltimore scene, there's no graffiti on that wall, nor a fentanyl dealer in sight. 

It's Hunt Valley, same as Baltimore, but cleaner 

Beer Baron
Beer Baron MegaDork
8/15/22 7:23 p.m.
Duke said:

It also tastes like a hangover. Seriously. I'm amazed that I can perceive that many fusel alcohols in that dilute of a beverage.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
8/15/22 7:44 p.m.

In reply to Beer Baron :

Robbie (Forum Supporter)
Robbie (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
8/15/22 7:45 p.m.
Beer Baron said:
Duke said:

It also tastes like a hangover. Seriously. I'm amazed that I can perceive that many fusel alcohols in that dilute of a beverage.

I just searched "ain't no laws when you're drinking claws" for a meme but turned up real actual news articles from both the state of Ohio and Kenosha, Wisconsin police forces stating that laws do in fact still exist when drinking white claw. 

Congratulations Ohio and Kenosha, you just out-Florida'd Baltimore.

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) MegaDork
8/15/22 7:52 p.m.
Beer Baron said:
Duke said:

I bought some because I wanted something to sip while working in the garage that didn't give me beer breath.  (We have learned through experiment that one should never put the Sobieski bottle in the garage if work is to be accomplished)

Sip is absolutely right.  I can drink maybe half a can of that stuff before I get too bloated to drink any other liquids.  Bleah.

thatsnowinnebago
thatsnowinnebago UberDork
8/15/22 8:07 p.m.
Robbie (Forum Supporter) said:
Beer Baron said:
Duke said:

I just searched "ain't no laws when you're drinking claws" for a meme but turned up real actual news articles from both the state of Ohio and Kenosha, Wisconsin police forces stating that laws do in fact still exist when drinking white claw. 

Congratulations Ohio and Kenosha, you just out-Florida'd Baltimore.

I gotchu.

Stampie
Stampie MegaDork
8/15/22 8:23 p.m.
Appleseed said:

In reply to Beer Baron :

The stuff that's not ethanol but is still in the mash/beer.  Do this.  Sip a shot of Jack Daniels.  Then sip a shot of good whiskey like Koval.  You'll taste the difference.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
8/15/22 10:23 p.m.

In reply to Stampie :

I drink Soviet style.

ProDarwin
ProDarwin MegaDork
8/15/22 11:15 p.m.
RevRico said:
Adrian_Thompson (Forum Supporter) said:
NickD said:

Nah, unless it's seriously upscale I'm 100% down with scanning a QR code for a menu 

What's gets me are the places that make me scan for a menu, but don't have an updated online menu available to view before getting there.

Even better when they are in an area with very poor cell reception.

I'm 100% with the boomers on this.  I will actively avoid places with a QR/web based menu.

The only upside I've ever had from one of those is when its integrated and you can order / pay from it also, which means no waiting for the server.

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) MegaDork
8/15/22 11:22 p.m.

In reply to ProDarwin :

All the takeout/delivery restaurants near where I work have their menus online (good) as PDFs from five years ago.  When you see something interesting on the menu like, say, pierogie pizza (pierogie on pizza!) or mac and cheese fries, they say "Oh, we don't have that anymore."

THEN UPDATE YOUR MENU.

The mac and cheese fries grates on me because when I first learned of it in 2020, they said "oh we don't have that anymore, limited menu options."  You have sides of mac and cheese.  You have sides of fries.  Can I get half of one of each? 

bearmtnmartin (Forum Supporter)
bearmtnmartin (Forum Supporter) UltraDork
8/16/22 12:59 a.m.
ProDarwin said:
RevRico said:
Adrian_Thompson (Forum Supporter) said:
NickD said:

Nah, unless it's seriously upscale I'm 100% down with scanning a QR code for a menu 

What's gets me are the places that make me scan for a menu, but don't have an updated online menu available to view before getting there.

Even better when they are in an area with very poor cell reception.

I'm 100% with the boomers on this.  I will actively avoid places with a QR/web based menu.

The only upside I've ever had from one of those is when its integrated and you can order / pay from it also, which means no waiting for the server.

I was at an airport restaurant and had to scan a qr code which was the only option. Then i had to open an account and prepay after filling in my personal and card information. I left as did the elderly couple beside me. To be clear, they had no card readers at the table. It was all to be done on my personal device.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
sQCER9ZTMnQwsfKNVL0VpiItwZgSCccSgQFJkCyVIiptoO6rVQtIZdTI0Ps1XPGp