12/7/22 11:49 a.m.

NickD
NickD MegaDork
12/7/22 11:49 a.m.

DarkMonohue
DarkMonohue HalfDork
12/7/22 11:57 a.m.
Appleseed said:

Do you put nacho cheese on communion wafers? No. You don't do that. Doing things you're not supposed to do is often seen as humorous.  That's how most jokes work.

Not being Catholic, I don't know what they're traditionally served with. Guilt, I assume. 

Thanks for the inside information. I initially thought I was looking at an uncooked omelette with a festive garnish of store-brand antacids - which, despite being an unorthodox combination, somehow failed to resonate with certain demographics. 

Have a meme.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
12/7/22 12:07 p.m.
NickD said:

Interesting design, but the reality is it looks like some sketchy 2x4s I hammered together to build...something when I was 10.

PMRacing
PMRacing UltraDork
12/7/22 12:12 p.m.

RevRico
RevRico UltimaDork
12/7/22 12:27 p.m.

In reply to Duke :

No no no, don't ruin it directly, ruin it indirectly. Feed into it. Lime oil will cure your rickets, while a blend of lavender and orange will solve that pesky anemia. Herpes? Palm oil with a sprinkle of sage.

Idiots were put here for our entertainment, thinking about them any other way just turns you into my bitter misanthropic self. 

Duke
Duke MegaDork
12/7/22 12:34 p.m.

I'm absolutely digging the Father Ted references.  Awesomesauce.

Meme unrelated:

NickD
NickD MegaDork
12/7/22 12:47 p.m.

DarkMonohue
DarkMonohue HalfDork
12/7/22 12:51 p.m.
Appleseed said:

Interesting design, but the reality is it looks like some sketchy 2x4s I hammered together to build...something when I was 10.

Well, you see [adjusts glasses],  stairs aren't usually built in that fashion. So the fact that they're built in such a nakedly dangerous manner, why... [chuckle] it's simply... well, that's how jokes work.

Another for Duke, because the world needs more of the old Father Ted, so.

Toyman!
Toyman! MegaDork
12/7/22 12:56 p.m.
DarkMonohue said:
Duke said:

If you're not Catholic (or at least religious), it's hysterical.  Especially when they're referred to as Jeez-Its.

If you are Catholic (or at least religious), it's understandable that you would fail to see the humor.

I'm about as Catholic as a manhole cover, and equally religious, and just didn't get the joke. Maybe you have to be a little bit Catholic for it to be actually funny.

I'm Presbyterian. Trust me the joke wasn't that funny, and Jees-its made the rounds through the Christian community 20 years ago. Not to mention communion wafers are unleavened and universally nasty. Luckily they frequently come with a splash of equally nasty red wine. There are better communion memes out there. 

communion Memes & GIFs - Imgflip

45 Funny Wine Memes To Celebrate National Wine & Cheese Day | YourTango

mtn
mtn MegaDork
12/7/22 1:15 p.m.

(I am ostensibly Catholic, though I struggle with my belief)

Toyman's are not coming up for me, but I agree with him - the joke/meme just wasn't that funny. Probably because they're not communion chips, they're communion wafers? I understood it, I got it, I wasn't offended, but it wasn't funny.  I don't think they're nasty, but they're entirely tasteless. 

Father Ted Meme Template - Piñata Farms - The best meme generator and meme  maker for video & image memes

93EXCivic
93EXCivic MegaDork
12/7/22 1:33 p.m.

In reply to mtn :

I am not religious and didn't get it.

RX Reven'
RX Reven' UltraDork
12/7/22 1:34 p.m.

Jesus after He turned water into wine. : r/meme

93EXCivic
93EXCivic MegaDork
12/7/22 1:39 p.m.

Just cause Father Ted is one of the greatest shows of all time.

P3PPY
P3PPY Dork
12/7/22 1:58 p.m.
RevRico said:

In reply to Duke :

No no no, don't ruin it directly, ruin it indirectly. Feed into it. Lime oil will cure your rickets, while a blend of lavender and orange will solve that pesky anemia. Herpes? Palm oil with a sprinkle of sage.

Idiots were put here for our entertainment, thinking about them any other way just turns you into my bitter misanthropic self. 

Is there not a Sinclair drum around somewhere?

Ian F (Forum Supporter)
Ian F (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
12/7/22 2:04 p.m.
P3PPY said:
RevRico said:

In reply to Duke :

Is there not a Sinclair drum around somewhere?

Of course:

P3PPY
P3PPY Dork
12/7/22 2:08 p.m.

In reply to Ian F (Forum Supporter) :

Nice! Now I just need a basic MSPaint for this phone

ProDarwin
ProDarwin MegaDork
12/7/22 2:12 p.m.

I just didn't get the Jeez its joke.  Now that someone explained it, its still not funny.

I'm waiting for someone to equate religion to essential oils.  oops :)

Love religion memes - 9GAG

DarkMonohue
DarkMonohue HalfDork
12/7/22 2:23 p.m.
93EXCivic said:

Just cause Father Ted is one of the greatest shows of all time.

Kreb (Forum Supporter)
Kreb (Forum Supporter) PowerDork
12/7/22 2:48 p.m.

In reply to Appleseed :

it seems like half the modern stairways that I see in the architecture magazines don't meet code.

NickD
NickD MegaDork
12/7/22 2:50 p.m.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
12/7/22 3:01 p.m.

In reply to Toyman! :

Communion memes are incredibly hard to find.

Toyman!
Toyman! MegaDork
12/7/22 3:07 p.m.

In reply to Appleseed :

There are a bunch of them out there. A lot of them are in Spanish. 

I'm pretty sure the Good Lord has a sense of humor so I don't mind sharing them. 

The best communion memes :) Memedroid

Communion Toast Crunch : r/memes

Communion Sunday Be Like | Be Like Meme on ME.ME

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy MegaDork
12/7/22 7:00 p.m.

I feel that I need to encourage anyone confused by the Father Ted pictures to explore more deeply.  It is an absolute guarantee of a trip straight to hell if you laugh.

Totally worth it.

Mr_Asa
Mr_Asa UltimaDork
12/7/22 7:11 p.m.
mtn said:

(I am ostensibly Catholic, though I struggle with my belief)

Toyman's are not coming up for me, but I agree with him - the joke/meme just wasn't that funny. Probably because they're not communion chips, they're communion wafers? I understood it, I got it, I wasn't offended, but it wasn't funny.  I don't think they're nasty, but they're entirely tasteless. 

Father Ted Meme Template - Piñata Farms - The best meme generator and meme  maker for video & image memes

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
mJJODrPihGjl6Kj9oMuZPMKs3wuHofb0nqFHW5tOerDCFLyd44pnGGMlM317rG1e