DarkMonohue
DarkMonohue HalfDork
1/30/23 10:11 p.m.
volvoclearinghouse said:

In fairness, I still have the Amazon, while it's likely that Olds was wrapped around a tree, after going airborne, "Free Bird" playing on the stereo, on a candy-wrapper slick road after a rainstorm one night by a high school kid giving a joyride to some other guy's girl who banked a turn a little too hard. 

After all, it's a very, very long song...

Meme totally related.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
1/30/23 10:19 p.m.
johndej said:

Not really a meme, but having 3 kids changes things......*insert Nicolas Coppola "Ya don't say"meme

"Now I realize what is important to me is enjoying spending time with my children at home"

They were talking about that on the radio this morning and one of the jocks said "That effing c-word!  How dare she make us all feel inferior all this damn time and now she has kids she gets to say E36 M3 like this?  Eff her!"

mtn
mtn MegaDork
1/30/23 11:50 p.m.

In reply to DarkMonohue :

DarkMonohue
DarkMonohue HalfDork
1/31/23 12:12 a.m.

In reply to mtn :

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
1/31/23 1:22 a.m.

STM317
STM317 PowerDork
1/31/23 5:11 a.m.

Timely Jason Isbell memes as I'll be at his concert tonight. The man seems to have a decent sense of humor:

Jason Isbell | Cocaine Bear (2023 Film) | Know Your Meme

No Time
No Time UltraDork
1/31/23 5:49 a.m.

RevRico
RevRico UltimaDork
1/31/23 7:07 a.m.

NickD
NickD MegaDork
1/31/23 7:13 a.m.

Beer Baron
Beer Baron MegaDork
1/31/23 7:18 a.m.
No Time said:

No it's not. A minivan can haul 4x8 sheets of plywood.

Suburban Super Vehicles: In Defense Of The Minivan

Duke
Duke MegaDork
1/31/23 7:30 a.m.

In reply to Beer Baron :

I was just gonna say that's an insult to minivans.

In reply to RevRico :

Among our crowd of autocross regulars, I know them by what car they drive - almost never by name.

ProDarwin
ProDarwin MegaDork
1/31/23 8:34 a.m.
Beer Baron said:
No Time said:

The modern bloated ones.  When the term minivan was coined, they were mini, and a̶n̶d̶ ̶c̶o̶u̶l̶d̶ ̶n̶o̶t̶ ̶h̶o̶l̶d̶ ̶4̶x̶8̶s̶.̶. <-actually they can.  I'm leaving the picture of the minivan because its cool.

This isn't a meme, its just awesome: (same dimensions as a Mazda5)

NickD
NickD MegaDork
1/31/23 8:34 a.m.

volvoclearinghouse
volvoclearinghouse UltimaDork
1/31/23 8:48 a.m.

I just did a search for Drive By Truckers memes....and those were all of them.  Well, there was one more, but it was political.  I didn't even realize they were political, I always just liked their music.  But it's *checks watch* today, so yes, every-berkeleying-thing has to get political.

Meme:

10 Truck Driver Memes We Understand Too Well 1 - LubeZone

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) MegaDork
1/31/23 8:53 a.m.
ProDarwin said:
Beer Baron said:
No Time said:

The modern bloated ones.  When the term minivan was coined, they were mini, and could not hold 4x8s.

I have witnessed someone put 4x8s in an original Caravan.   They were big inside.

(Also it was manual trans)

NickD
NickD MegaDork
1/31/23 9:01 a.m.

Mr_Asa
Mr_Asa UltimaDork
1/31/23 9:15 a.m.
mtn said:

Gods above and below, I love that song.

Appleseed, its Outfit by Drive-By Truckers

ProDarwin
ProDarwin MegaDork
1/31/23 9:15 a.m.
Pete. (l33t FS) said:
ProDarwin said:
Beer Baron said:
No Time said:

The modern bloated ones.  When the term minivan was coined, they were mini, and could not hold 4x8s.

I have witnessed someone put 4x8s in an original Caravan.   They were big inside.

(Also it was manual trans)

I could've sworn they didnt, but you are correct, they do hold a 4x8 sheet.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
1/31/23 9:17 a.m.
ProDarwin said:
Beer Baron said:
No Time said:

That's a SWB Caravan.  The LWB Grand Caravan of the same year could.  My father had one.

ProDarwin
ProDarwin MegaDork
1/31/23 9:20 a.m.
Duke said:

That's a SWB Caravan.  The LWB Grand Caravan of the same year could.  My father had one.

Based on my recent reading, I think even the SWB can.

Impressive.  I did it once in an Odyssey and it was a berkeleying terrible experience.  I would never consider doing it again unless it was an emergency.

chandler
chandler UltimaDork
1/31/23 9:25 a.m.
ProDarwin said:
Duke said:

Based on my recent reading, I think even the SWB can.

Impressive.  I did it once in an Odyssey and it was a berkeleying terrible experience.  I would never consider doing it again unless it was an emergency.

Super easy in a more modern caravan or T&C. I've brought lots of stuff home in one including the 8.1 for my 2500 from Andrew Nelson; ON a stack of 4x8s that I bought at a garage sale on my way out there.

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
1/31/23 9:29 a.m.

DarkMonohue
DarkMonohue HalfDork
1/31/23 11:10 a.m.
volvoclearinghouse said:

I just did a search for Drive By Truckers memes....and those were all of them.  Well, there was one more, but it was political.  I didn't even realize they were political, I always just liked their music.  But it's *checks watch* today, so yes, every-berkeleying-thing has to get political.

Several years ago, I think after the release of English Oceans, they made an announcement that they were becoming a deliberately political band. I was a big fan until then. Have not listened to anything they've done since, because beating someone over the head with your politics is the mark of a shiny happy person.

Anyway, a meme.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
1/31/23 11:19 a.m.
No Time said:

Beer Baron
Beer Baron MegaDork
1/31/23 11:42 a.m.
ProDarwin said:

The modern bloated ones.  When the term minivan was coined, they were mini, and a̶n̶d̶ ̶c̶o̶u̶l̶d̶ ̶n̶o̶t̶ ̶h̶o̶l̶d̶ ̶4̶x̶8̶s̶.̶. <-actually they can.  I'm leaving the picture of the minivan because its cool.

I don't think modern minivans are bloated. They are bigger than earlier cars that were built without the need to meet modern safety standards. That's made all vehicles get bigger. But I feel like the extra bloat isn't as noticeable. It's also come with nice convenience features like automatic sliding doors on both sides, fold flat rear bench, and stow-and-go middle seats.

I walk up to a minivan and know it's big. I get inside it, and I know *why* it's big. If I'm surprised, it's how much stuff it can hold how easily.

If I walk up to a modern SUV or crossover, I can tell its big. Then I get in it, and I wonder where all that space went. It can barely fit in a parking space. Why isn't it any more spacious than my friend's Corolla?

Pin on Ideas

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
er3KM7mm4D8CPfxV9RKNPJ0pHVom9hVjDPfQ3wvYDyGUMXHPeaBmXpeg7ZQNu8tX