11/24/20 7:59 p.m.

Recon1342
Recon1342 Dork
11/24/20 8:21 p.m.

mtn (Forum Supporter)
mtn (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
11/24/20 8:23 p.m.
Donebrokeit said:

One of the funniest things I experienced in real life, I was caddying in a group with a Russian, a Swede, and an Irishman. The other caddie was Mexican; I was the only American Gringo there. The Swede and the Irishman were making fun of all the accents and trying different accents. Then the Russian goes, in a heavy Russian accent "Ev-ery ack scent in Russian ack scent sounds like Russian ack scent"

Pedro and I could not stop laughing; the golfers thought we were high. We might have been. 

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
11/24/20 8:55 p.m.

The following barrage of memes is for recon. And, if I'm honest,  me too.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork

Stampie (FS)
Stampie (FS) MegaDork
11/24/20 8:57 p.m.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
11/24/20 9:02 p.m.

Recon1342
Recon1342 Dork
11/24/20 9:25 p.m.

In reply to Appleseed :

Take a look at https://www.thatdeafguy.com/

It's pretty good.

ShawnG
ShawnG UltimaDork
11/24/20 10:51 p.m.

In reply to Donebrokeit :

A British friend once told me: "German is for discussing engineering, French is for discussing love and English is for ordering the servants around."

As far as accents go, I was sent for training in the lovely metropolis of Piqua, Ohio. I was there with two fellow Canadians, a guy from our Alberta shop and a guy from our competition in Quebec.

The Quebecer was every Quebec stereotype rolled into one. Short, heavy accent, spoke Joual, smoked like a chimney, etc. 

One evening at the bar, a fellow came up to us and started to say something. The guy from Alberta and myself couldn't understand him and thought he might be mentally challenged.

It turns out, the fellow had a very heavy Cajun accent and our Fench-Canadian colleague could understand him just fine because they both spoke the same awful version of French.

chandler
chandler UltimaDork
11/25/20 5:14 a.m.

What's in Piqua? That's only an hour or so from me.

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) MegaDork
11/25/20 5:20 a.m.
ShawnG said:

A British friend once told me: "German is for discussing engineering, French is for discussing love and English is for ordering the servants around."

As far as accents go, I was sent for training in the lovely metropolis of Piqua, Ohio. I was there with two fellow Canadians, a guy from our Alberta shop and a guy from our competition in Quebec.

The Quebecer was every Quebec stereotype rolled into one. Short, heavy accent, spoke Joual, smoked like a chimney, etc. 

One evening at the bar, a fellow came up to us and started to say something. The guy from Alberta and myself couldn't understand him and thought he might be mentally challenged.

It turns out, the fellow had a very heavy Cajun accent and our Fench-Canadian colleague could understand him just fine because they both spoke the same awful version of French.

I bought a car once from a man who was Irish, but lived in backwoods Georgia for a long time.

The intersection of thick Georgia plus brogue was a sight to behold.  So to speak

slantvaliant (Forum Supporter)
slantvaliant (Forum Supporter) UltraDork
11/25/20 6:59 a.m.
ShawnG said:

Makes sense.

bobzilla
bobzilla MegaDork
11/25/20 7:09 a.m.
slantvaliant (Forum Supporter) said:
ShawnG said:

Makes sense.

I loved that show.

solfly
solfly Dork
11/25/20 7:25 a.m.

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
11/25/20 9:20 a.m.

Toyman01 (Moderately Supportive Dude)
Toyman01 (Moderately Supportive Dude) MegaDork
11/25/20 9:30 a.m.

superfund
superfund New Reader
11/25/20 11:23 a.m.

In reply to chandler :

Duh, me

NickD
NickD UltimaDork
11/25/20 12:04 p.m.
ShawnG said:

And Irish is for profanities. I remember being at a stage rally and there was a team of Irish guys there. The only words you could understand through their accented English were the curse words, but the curse words made up 75% of the conversation, so you were okay.

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) MegaDork
11/25/20 12:06 p.m.
NickD said:
ShawnG said:

And Irish is for profanities. I remember being at a stage rally and there was a team of Irish guys there. The only words you could understand through their accented English were the curse words, but the curse words made up 75% of the conversation, so you were okay.

So, what youre saying is, the dialogue from Boondock Saints was well written?

ShawnG
ShawnG UltimaDork
11/25/20 1:56 p.m.
chandler said:

What's in Piqua? That's only an hour or so from me.

Hartzell Propeller.

I think it's the ONLY thing in Piqua.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
11/25/20 2:05 p.m.

In reply to ShawnG :

That's enough.  Hartzell makes good stuff. 

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
11/25/20 2:08 p.m.

Cute, but unless you are Jimmy Doolittle or Delmar Benjamin, it will kill you.

ShawnG
ShawnG UltimaDork
11/25/20 2:31 p.m.

Hartzell does make good stuff. I used to make a living fixing a lot of damaged Beech 1900 props.

We dealt with Hartzell, McCauley, Sensenich and Hamilton Standard stuff.

The GeeBee looks like it has a Hamilton Standard 2D30 propeller.

Karacticus
Karacticus Dork
11/25/20 2:52 p.m.
ShawnG said:

Hartzell does make good stuff. I used to make a living fixing a lot of damaged Beech 1900 props.

We dealt with Hartzell, McCauley, Sensenich and Hamilton Standard stuff.

The GeeBee looks like it has a Hamilton Standard 2D30 propeller.

You know the old saw about why they were called 1900s, right?

It's because your pilot is 19 years old and has a hundred hours of flight time. 

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
JG52NBEP0ZjFhuH8rXzk2aZuvdY56oXl2eZpPEzTAYfGTYHtB9IKaggmUGv9y7Rf