Recon1342
Recon1342 Dork
1/18/22 8:42 p.m.
11GTCS said:

As both a music geek and science geek, I approve of this meme wholeheartedly!

I totally giggled.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
1/18/22 8:58 p.m.
Stefan (Forum Supporter) said:

Deleted - Javelin

Sooooo... this isn't politics?

The double standard strikes again.

This is not to imply I am a Trump supporter in even the most minuscule way, BUT A berkeleyING RULE SHOULD BE A berkeleyING RULE.

(Mod edit - Javelin deleted photo)

Javelin
Javelin MegaDork
1/18/22 9:06 p.m.

In reply to Stefan (Forum Supporter) :

No politics is no politics. 

Duke
Duke MegaDork
1/18/22 9:07 p.m.
Javelin said:

No politics is no politics. 

Thank you, sir.

yesyesyes

NickD
NickD MegaDork
1/18/22 9:08 p.m.

In reply to Duke :

I agree, but, wow, I didn't even notice that one until you mentioned it.

Floating Doc (Forum Supporter)
Floating Doc (Forum Supporter) PowerDork
1/18/22 11:52 p.m.

Stefan (Forum Supporter)
Stefan (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
1/19/22 1:07 a.m.
Duke said:
Stefan (Forum Supporter) said:

Deleted - Javelin

Sooooo... this isn't politics?

The double standard strikes again.

This is not to imply I am a Trump supporter in even the most minuscule way, BUT A berkeleyING RULE SHOULD BE A berkeleyING RULE.

(Mod edit - Javelin deleted photo)

I don't even remember what the meme was.  Sorry if it crossed the line, there wasn't any intentional double standard going on.

Honestly, given my ongoing mental state, I'm just going to take a break from all of this for a good long while.  I'm picking fights with people and generally being an ass and it's not helping.

Sorry for everything, see y'all around.

bearmtnmartin (Forum Supporter)
bearmtnmartin (Forum Supporter) UltraDork
1/19/22 1:21 a.m.

I am drunk so i just scrolled through two pages gifflikng and upvoting.

Floating Doc (Forum Supporter)
Floating Doc (Forum Supporter) PowerDork
1/19/22 7:32 a.m.

One of our refrigerator magnets. I try to do both.

Beer Baron
Beer Baron MegaDork
1/19/22 7:35 a.m.

So Long... and thanks for all the fish!" Shirt @ That Awesome Shirt!

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
1/19/22 8:11 a.m.

volvoclearinghouse
volvoclearinghouse PowerDork
1/19/22 8:24 a.m.

NickD
NickD MegaDork
1/19/22 11:39 a.m.

NickD
NickD MegaDork
1/19/22 11:48 a.m.

Wally (Forum Supporter)
Wally (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
1/19/22 12:25 p.m.

NickD
NickD MegaDork
1/19/22 12:29 p.m.
Wally (Forum Supporter) said:

The fourth-generation F-bodies had the most bizarre ergonomics that I've ever encountered. I've never driven a car that made me simultaneously feel way too tall and way too short. It's like I was trying to peer up over the dashboard and duck my head down under the windshield. Granted, the rest of those cars are berkeleying wretched, so why shouldn't the ergonomics match as well?

Duke
Duke MegaDork
1/19/22 12:47 p.m.

In reply to NickD :

The last couple Camaros are an exercise in making the car look exactly like the concept sketch.  Just picture this:

• POV:  GM conference room
  • Image: a large pasteboard with an airbrushed new Camaro concept on it, in an obnoxious color
  • Perspective: drawn from an eye height about 20 inches off the ground
  • Giant wheel arches are the main feature, filled with oversized wheels  - fender gap is a thin line and the tire sidewalls are only slightly thicker
  • Chrome wheels have that weird white-to-yellow-to-light-blue fade found in every piece of airbrush artwork, like a mirror reflecting a sky that isn't there
  • Dominant line is the swooping fender / shoulder line, sweeping back from an oversized snarling maw
  • Cabin and greenhouse are just an undetailed suggestion, a hint above that aggressive shoulder line

Tell me you can't picture that rendering in your mind's eye.

It's like if you met a woman who actually looks like the fashion model illustrations on clothing patterns and magazines:

fashion illustration silhouettes,yasserchemicals.com

Duke
Duke MegaDork
1/19/22 12:49 p.m.

Meme unrelated to above:

May be an image of 1 person and text that says 'IF THE FOOD RUNS OUT... we STILL HAVE EACHOTHER'

David Elfering
David Elfering New Reader
1/19/22 1:14 p.m.

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) MegaDork
1/19/22 1:31 p.m.

In reply to Duke :

That is why Ford specified that the RS200 must use the glass from a Sierra when they contracted the design to one of the big studios.  They wanted a decent sized greenhouse because the purpose of the car was to be a good rally car, not a showstopper, and they knew that by placing that restriction they would not get some undrivable doorstop looking thing.

RevRico
RevRico UltimaDork
1/19/22 1:35 p.m.

Wally (Forum Supporter)
Wally (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
1/19/22 2:45 p.m.

Dusterbd13-michael
Dusterbd13-michael MegaDork
1/19/22 2:47 p.m.

slefain
slefain PowerDork
1/19/22 3:19 p.m.
RevRico said:

A decade ago I sat on the grass along side the awards area of the Amelia Island Concours shooting pics for work (press pass). The dude from the Lane Motor Museum won an award for their Helico and was about to roll by. At that moment I realized what the car was, where I was sitting, and just how much danger I was in just having it roll by six feet away. I've been at the starting line of drag races, turns at road courses, but that Leyat Helico scared the crap out of me.

NickD
NickD MegaDork
1/19/22 3:59 p.m.
slefain said:
RevRico said:

A decade ago I sat on the grass along side the awards area of the Amelia Island Concours shooting pics for work (press pass). The dude from the Lane Motor Museum won an award for their Helico and was about to roll by. At that moment I realized what the car was, where I was sitting, and just how much danger I was in just having it roll by six feet away. I've been at the starting line of drag races, turns at road courses, but that Leyat Helico scared the crap out of me.

I was at the Lane for one of their Black Friday shindigs and they fired the Helico up inside the building, with the wheels chocked, and jazzed the throttle a few times. A terrifying machine indeed.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
SqN1shkGhlY0qNwYzsNf2YScvF9RZNQTxv9p2VlgXFmRwm3ZRzpCCA1ycBrxxt88