NickD MegaDork
7/5/22 8:50 a.m.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
7/5/22 9:41 a.m.

ProDarwin
ProDarwin MegaDork
7/5/22 10:08 a.m.

I've never heard a dog bark at fire works.  Most of them run scared to the safest spot they can find.

10 Funny Dog Memes for Your Friday

volvoclearinghouse
volvoclearinghouse PowerDork
7/5/22 10:19 a.m.

I shot a few bottle rockets off yesterday afternoon with the kids, and after the first couple went off, I heard several of the neighborhood's four legged E36 M3 machines start barking. 

So we set a few more off, to calm them down. 

Meanwhile, our dog just lay on the kitchen floor, snoozing. 

RevRico
RevRico UltimaDork
7/5/22 10:32 a.m.

I've never met a dog that was afraid of fireworks, but most everyone I know keeps hunting dogs, there's nothing more useless than a hunting dog afraid of loud noises. I've met plenty of dog owners who freak the berkeley out and wind their dogs up to be afraid of fireworks though. 

Meme unrelated.

Toyman!
Toyman! MegaDork
7/5/22 3:22 p.m.

NickD
NickD MegaDork
7/5/22 5:45 p.m.

NickD
NickD MegaDork
7/6/22 8:54 a.m.

NickD
NickD MegaDork
7/6/22 8:54 a.m.

Toyman!
Toyman! MegaDork
7/6/22 1:31 p.m.

STM317
STM317 PowerDork
7/6/22 7:43 p.m.

May be an image of text that says 'Ryan Atotharimaten O'Doud 4m If you invert the lyrics to Rick Astley you get Nine Inch Nails Like Comment Share Ryan Atotharimaten O'Doud I will give you up/ will let you down/ around and hurt you/ will tell you lies/ say good bye/ I will run around and desert you will run will 4m Like Reply'

RevRico
RevRico UltimaDork
7/6/22 7:57 p.m.

11GTCS
11GTCS Dork
7/6/22 9:35 p.m.

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
7/7/22 7:21 a.m.

NickD
NickD MegaDork
7/7/22 8:03 a.m.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
7/7/22 10:11 a.m.

volvoclearinghouse
7/7/22 10:43 a.m.

May be an image of 1 person and text that says 'Simon Holland @simoncholland Be right back, my wife is in the kitchen and I need to go stand in front of the cabinet she's about to open.'

Toyman!
Toyman! MegaDork
7/7/22 10:47 a.m.

In reply to volvoclearinghouse :

This is my wife.

I go to the kitchen to cook. She shows up to unload the dishwasher. 

I go to the shop to work on something, she comes out and stands in the middle of the work area to talk. 

EVERY TIME!

Lover her to death, but damn that drives me crazy sometimes. 

Duke
Duke MegaDork
7/7/22 11:07 a.m.

In reply to Toyman! :

Actually, I seem to be the one that does that to my wife.

Her superpower is starting / restarting a conversation immediately after I leave the room to go do something else.  Particularly if it involves running water, fans, or other source of white noise.

Toyman!
Toyman! MegaDork
7/7/22 11:10 a.m.

In reply to Duke :

I'm sure I do it to her as well, I just don't notice it when that happens. laugh

David Elfering
David Elfering Reader
7/7/22 2:09 p.m.

mtn
mtn MegaDork
7/7/22 3:11 p.m.

In reply to Toyman! :

My wife loves to do things with me. Especially cook, because we used to do a lot of it when we were dating. 

Our kitchen now is tiny. Literally, the only way you can have two people doing things is if you have one getting stuff out of the fridge and putting it back (and actually that is quite nice as our working triangle is a joke). I leave the kitchen if she comes in. I ask her to leave if I'm cooking and she comes in. It pisses her off, but it pisses me off more to have anyone be in my way while I'm cooking. 

Lolcats - kitchen - LOL at Funny Cat Memes - Funny cat pictures with words  on them - lol | cat memes | funny cats | funny cat pictures with words on

wheelsmithy (Joe-with-an-L)
wheelsmithy (Joe-with-an-L) PowerDork
7/7/22 4:35 p.m.
11GTCS said:

Bravo. Bravo.

Not a meme, but hey, 39 is a somewhat obscure song.

volvoclearinghouse
7/7/22 7:17 p.m.
Duke said:

In reply to Toyman! :

Actually, I seem top be the one that does that to my wife.

Her superpower is starting / restarting a conversation immediately after I leave the room to go do something else.  Particularly if it involves running water, fans, or other source of white noise.

Mrs. VCH just adores doing this.  It's great because she basically has two volumes: whisper quiet and SHOUTING LIKE A PIRATE MOM.  So the conversation usually goes something like:

Mrs. VCH:  "mumbles unintelligibly"

Me: "What'd you say, honey?"

Mrs. VCH: "mumbles unintelligibly"

Me:  "Huh?"

Mrs. VCH: "I SAID DO YOU KNOW WHERE THE BANDAIDS ARE YOUR SON IS BLEEDING FROM HIS FOOT!"

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy MegaDork
7/7/22 8:01 p.m.

I think my wife's hearing is deteriorating, so I gave her a little test the other day.  From the living room to the kitchen, "Sweetie, whats for supper?"  No reply.  Walk to the kitchen door, repeat my question.  No reply.  Walk up right behind her, repeat.  

"For the third time, Chicken!"

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
PvReJnHU8qoHyODZvROIEndZZnmhgs1PRV11Dcf1ytUzQfoV8YShQItNubWhGoE4