Knurled.
Knurled. MegaDork
6/26/18 12:21 p.m.

Trying to sell stuff on Craigslist: It sucks.

I am sorely tempted to respond to "What's your bottom dollar" with "I know what I got".

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 MegaDork
6/26/18 12:24 p.m.

Every time i get that text, i raise the price

dculberson
dculberson UltimaDork
6/26/18 12:40 p.m.

I got a text at 2am asking me what my bottom dollar was. I added 25% to the price, "since you texted me at 2am."

eastsideTim
eastsideTim UltraDork
6/26/18 1:34 p.m.

I got a water fountain for my cats, since one of them (Linus) has kidney issues and the vet said they tend to get cats to drink more water.  The other cat (Lucy) has spent the last twenty minutes moving from one spot in the family room to another staring at the thing, and I feel a little bad for her, because she is rather nervous by nature, but mostly, I’m taking pictures of her, because it’s also hilarious.

Stampie
Stampie UltraDork
6/26/18 1:35 p.m.

My usual reply is "the most I can get someone to pay"

SaltyDog
SaltyDog HalfDork
6/26/18 1:56 p.m.

While cleaning out the bead blast cabinet, I was interrupted by a student who insisted he needed to use it "Right away".

I suggested he come back in about 20 minutes when I was done. He insisted saying it would only take him a minute.

He's been at it about 5 minutes now.

How long should I let him go before telling him there's no media in the cabinet?

Duke
Duke MegaDork
6/26/18 1:58 p.m.

In reply to SaltyDog :

laugh As long as it's not holding you up, I'd let him go as long as it takes for him to realize.

BoxheadTim
BoxheadTim MegaDork
6/26/18 2:02 p.m.
SaltyDog said:

How long should I let him go before telling him there's no media in the cabinet?

At least until after he realises it himself?

SaltyDog
SaltyDog HalfDork
6/26/18 2:03 p.m.

In reply to Duke :

He just quit and left without saying anything. I'm sure he'll be back. I'll ask him how it turned out. laugh

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 MegaDork
7/4/18 10:43 a.m.

Im at the in law's community pool. I think most of the people here would be far more attractive with more covered. Leave something to the imagination. 

G_Body_Man
G_Body_Man UltraDork
7/4/18 8:33 p.m.

Since I discovered a massive berkeleying exhaust leak on the G35 near the flange where the muffler meets the midpipe (thankfully the leak is on the muffler side) I've been somewhat tempted to be a bellend and weld in some blast pipes

Duke
Duke MegaDork
7/9/18 12:56 p.m.

For under $1200, I can add 19 horsepower and 27 lb/ft of torque in the 2500-4000 rpm range for my wife's S60.

I'm thinking about it.

It's my wife's car.

I'm still thinking about it.

SaltyDog
SaltyDog HalfDork
7/9/18 2:32 p.m.

In reply to Duke :

OR..... For just over $400, you can add 150 H.P.

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/nex-ml2000/overview/ 

Duke
Duke MegaDork
7/9/18 3:23 p.m.
SaltyDog said:

In reply to Duke :

OR..... For just over $400, you can add 150 H.P.

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/nex-ml2000/overview/ 

laugh

But I can do this without affecting warranty, emmissions, or fuel economy...

SaltyDog
SaltyDog HalfDork
7/10/18 9:57 a.m.

In reply to Duke :

Well..... There is that aspect of it. smiley

I personally have never had an engine that I was willing to take the chance of putting a bottle on. I did ride a GPz 1100 with a bottle. Once.

Ashyukun (Robert)
Ashyukun (Robert) UltraDork
7/10/18 2:05 p.m.

Yesterday when I went to swap the new oil pan & oil cooler O-ring onto the Infiniti I found that the red cylinder I was seeing peeking out from under the front end was NOT in fact the oil filter (which was also red, but unsurprisingly tucked up further out of sight on the front of the engine) but was in fact the magnetic LED light that my FIL had given me for Christmas.

I was last under the Infiniti about 2 weeks ago when I worked out that the oil pan was cracked and leaking- and have been driving around with the light stuck to the lower frame since then. A time that included several hours of 80mph driving on the highway AND climbing the steeply-inclined and uneven gravel road up to the property where our cabin is being built.

dculberson
dculberson UltimaDork
7/10/18 2:09 p.m.

In reply to Ashyukun (Robert) :

That magnet sure earned its keep!

Daylan C
Daylan C SuperDork
7/10/18 11:26 p.m.

I just sold the set of dry rotted junk tires for $40. I told the buyer exactly what he was buying. I really hope he plans to use them for burnouts and nothing else. 

BlueInGreen - Jon
BlueInGreen - Jon SuperDork
7/12/18 6:51 p.m.

The old minivan officially reached crappy beater status when the muffler blew out last week. It’s a little obnoxious but I don’t care enough to fix it.

I still love that van. Best $1500 I ever spent.

Daylan C
Daylan C SuperDork
7/12/18 10:49 p.m.

Today I fixed an annoying problem I've been putting up with on the Mustang for a few weeks now by checking and finding that I had the vacuum lines on the purge valve on backwards. Switched them around and now it's back to behaving like a decent car again. I should have known it was something like that because the problem started when I replaced those hoses thinking they were causing another problem.

NickD
NickD UberDork
7/13/18 5:18 a.m.

I ordered some absolutely absurd custom door cards for the Miata from Spinnywhoosh

KyAllroad (Jeremy)
KyAllroad (Jeremy) PowerDork
7/13/18 8:08 a.m.

After 5 years and three Miatas I think i’m done with them.  I want a big boy car now, it probably won’t even be a convertible.

mtn
mtn MegaDork
7/13/18 8:37 a.m.
KyAllroad (Jeremy) said:

After 5 years and three Miatas I think i’m done with them.  I want a big boy car now, it probably won’t even be a convertible.

Similar situation for me. I don't want to sell the Miata, but it is mostly that I don't want to sell it because I don't want to "give up". But in reality, I need 2 automatic vehicles and only can really have 2 vehicles, so the Miata is out. 

The plan right now is to drive the soon-to-be new-to-me 4-door dad mobile for 3 years, and then get a BMW convertible. With stick.

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
7/13/18 9:01 a.m.
SaltyDog said:

While cleaning out the bead blast cabinet, I was interrupted by a student ....

..who just failed the course.

stanger_missle
stanger_missle Dork
7/14/18 10:29 a.m.

There is a 1968 Kaiser M715 on my local CL for under Challenge money that runs. I think it would be a cool, don't give a berk, off-road beater.

I can't stop thinking about it. I need another project like I need a hole in the head right now. I also don't have enough money but have been scheming on how to tease up enough cash; ie. selling some guns, an expensive tablet, taking my forlorn Mustang to the junk yard, etc.

GAHHHHHHHH I WANT

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
RDqDfsXcBMAEYlazgdSOFxuFD1ECFMkIHa5QBEILyGZPv4S9uZZbV2GpkRoPZF33