Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy UltimaDork
7/28/18 6:06 p.m.
Appleseed said:

Whatever.  I ate 5 hotdogs. 

One 4th of July I ate three jumbo dogs and a ton of other crap.   That evening I was sick as a dog.  

The next day I turned to natural foods and daily juicing and lost 40 pounds.  After a year I got tired off all the prep work and slowly went back to the SAD Diet (standard American daily) only to gain 60 pounds back.   

Costco hot dogs and polish dogs make me sick.  As Pa would say; the GI E36 M3s.  

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 MegaDork
7/28/18 6:38 p.m.

My confession: i have plenty of parts, no family tonight, and instead of actually making progress on projects im sitting in the recliner letting the xbox be a thiefof time.

sleepyhead
sleepyhead Dork
7/28/18 7:17 p.m.

In reply to Dusterbd13 :

Everyone needs a break sometime.... might even be good for your health...

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair MegaDork
7/28/18 7:50 p.m.

In reply to Dusterbd13 :

It has to happen sometimes.

SaltyDog
SaltyDog HalfDork
7/28/18 9:27 p.m.

In reply to Dusterbd13 :

You deserve a break from time to time . Enjoy it, You've earned it!

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 MegaDork
7/29/18 6:48 a.m.

The fill in pastor this morning drove up in a black kia soul. 

Theres a joke in there somewhere but i can't think of it.....

G_Body_Man
G_Body_Man UltraDork
7/30/18 9:42 p.m.

I finally drove one of my childhood dream cars, the Pontiac Fiero. Even with the bad reputation it was actually really fun. Now I want one even more.

NickD
NickD UberDork
7/31/18 8:04 a.m.
G_Body_Man said:

I finally drove one of my childhood dream cars, the Pontiac Fiero. Even with the bad reputation it was actually really fun. Now I want one even more.

There was one at Cars & Coffee with a 3800S/C swap last Saturday and as it left emitting the dulcet tones of a Grand Prix with a rotted-out muffler, I fell in love with them all over again. It's like a MR2 for the much more adventutrous. Yeah, it has the snap oversteer, but now there's the added excitement of possible immolation. 

Woody
Woody MegaDork
8/4/18 6:20 a.m.

Last night in the middle of a dream, I stopped doing what I was doing so I could consult with Dulcich and Fred.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
8/4/18 9:05 a.m.

I used to get excited for new U2 albums.

Stampie
Stampie UberDork
8/4/18 1:55 p.m.

I don't know my RX7 generations at all. 

stanger_missle
stanger_missle SuperDork
8/4/18 2:35 p.m.

I stayed up way too late playing No Man's Sky.

I bought it when it was released in 2016. I played it once, then put it down. The NEXT updates made it enjoyable again.

Sleep is for suckers! (Well rested suckers frown)

barefootskater
barefootskater HalfDork
8/4/18 3:07 p.m.
stanger_missle said:

I stayed up way too late playing No Man's Sky.

I bought it when it was released in 2016. I played it once, then put it down. The NEXT updates made it enjoyable again.

Sleep is for suckers! (Well rested suckers frown)

That and Gran Turismo are the reasons I don't own a modern gaming system. I like being employed and married, and both would be in jeopardy if I had either game at home.

Not sure if this is a minor rant or a minor win, so I'll leave it here: I don't own a TV.

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair MegaDork
8/4/18 3:44 p.m.
Appleseed said:

I used to get excited for new U2 albums.

I used to be disgusted, but now I try to be amused.

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 MegaDork
8/4/18 3:46 p.m.

Im trying to justify building a bagged service body truck.

RevRico
RevRico UberDork
8/4/18 4:34 p.m.

My 3 year old has more in her savings account than I do

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
8/5/18 12:35 a.m.

People underestimate my abilities. Both good and evil.

sleepyhead
sleepyhead Dork
8/5/18 10:25 a.m.

This is my garage for the next three years... I have no car to put in it, and no plans for one anytime soon

I don't know if I have a can for filling that lawn mower, or where to fill it!  Good thing it's like 35degC here, and all the grass is barely alive.

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 MegaDork
8/5/18 10:39 a.m.

In reply to sleepyhead :

Did i miss something? Ehst happened to the acura, etc?

sleepyhead
sleepyhead Dork
8/5/18 11:25 a.m.

Sort of, TL;DR is: I'm in Europe for a couple years. 

My wife and I currently own three cars, none of them are here.  Her car is at her parents, the Acura is at my parents, and my Mazda5 is waiting on a replacement title before it's dealt with.  The Sonata was a no-go with the wife, and we ran out of time/expertise to find something to ship over.

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 MegaDork
8/5/18 12:24 p.m.

Ah. Well, enjoy europe!

sleepyhead
sleepyhead Dork
8/5/18 11:55 p.m.
Dusterbd13 said:

Ah. Well, enjoy europe!

Thanks, we're going to try.

stanger_missle
stanger_missle SuperDork
8/6/18 12:41 p.m.

It took forever to fall asleep last night because I was thinking about the WPL B-1 from the cheap RC thread. Watching YouTube for 2 hours last night didn't help one bit.

I found a whole bunch of cool upgrades for pennies. It's still a "toy" level RC but it seems like fun to tinker on.

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 MegaDork
8/6/18 2:11 p.m.

im seriously contemplating tinting my broken wagon while waiting on parts that may or may not fix it.

just because i can. 

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair MegaDork
8/6/18 3:31 p.m.

In reply to Dusterbd13 :

when you've got 5 minutes, do a 5-minute job.

also, when you've got a job you *can* do while the car is inop, make like Nike and Just Do It.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
SmTnwv3NvRxemy8KAeqMlZJjIlSOiqykHWAb5FWTd5XmVgHeb4wMMT1Uhft3kK02