Stampie
Stampie UberDork
8/15/18 7:33 p.m.

I may steal an idea from mazdeuce - Seth. 

bigeyedfish
bigeyedfish New Reader
8/16/18 7:29 a.m.
Stampie said:

I may steal another idea from mazdeuce - Seth. 

Fixed.

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy UltimaDork
8/17/18 4:36 p.m.

Customer calls me in and rattled off a bunch of fittings he wants to order.  I make a list and halfway through I’m thinking I don’t have any of these parts.  

So I head over and buy everything at Menards, unpackage it all, pack it in my box, and deliver it the next day on one of my companies pick tickets.  

Sometimes sales is like the Wizard behind the curtain - you don’t need to know how I got to the end result.  

Daylan C
Daylan C SuperDork
8/20/18 9:23 p.m.

This week in "do it right or do it again" 

The muffler clamp didn't hold. The muffler fell off going over a speed bump, got mangled while being wedged between the ground and the axle. 

The mid pipes are now out on the garage floor ready to get welded when the new muffler comes in tomorrow.

I'm glad it let go there and not several other places where it would have caused a much larger problem.

dropstep
dropstep SuperDork
8/20/18 9:32 p.m.

The new custom fitted insoles hurt worse then the pain there supposed to cure.

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair MegaDork
8/21/18 9:41 a.m.

two-for-tuesday:

i was supposed to give my friend's kid a ride home from work at about 8PM last night.  i was mowing my lawn when the kid texted to let me know he'd be ready right at 8.  i didn't see his text until 8:35.  so i called and he had already walked home. 

confession #1:   i may have damaged my friend's trust in me.

confession #2:  i don't feel bad that he had to walk 2 miles.

Knurled.
Knurled. MegaDork
8/21/18 7:43 p.m.

I don't like bacon.

If it's crunchy, it hurts my teeth, and if it's chewy, it gives me a kinda queasy feeling for about 12 hours.

deannathegeek
deannathegeek New Reader
8/22/18 7:14 a.m.

The other day, my coworker recomposed all of the accounting department virtual machines, causing at least 35 machines to be reset to the golden image and removing all custom software, mapped drives, and database connections. I'm kinda hoping he gets fired over it because I've been fired for less in the past, and I have a friend who just got laid off that I would love to get in our department. It's not very nice, but then again, neither am I.

mazdeuce - Seth
mazdeuce - Seth Mod Squad
8/22/18 7:56 a.m.

Undercar LED's showed up yesterday..........

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
8/22/18 8:19 a.m.

Mt Big, Fat, Greek  Wedding is awesome. But only if you're Greek, or in my case honorary Greek. There are so many in jokes you'll never understand.

Woody
Woody MegaDork
8/22/18 12:53 p.m.

Ice cream cake is not an acceptable substitute for either ice cream or cake. It doesn't taste like ice cream, and it doesn't taste like cake. It's the lazy way out.

Put a little effort into your celebrations, please.

deannathegeek
deannathegeek New Reader
8/23/18 7:46 a.m.

In reply to Woody :

I agree to a point-ice cream cakes are a thing unto themselves, but if done right can be absolutely amazing.

Wally
Wally MegaDork
8/23/18 8:16 a.m.

In reply to Woody :

It’s not Father’s Day without Fudgie the Whale

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=rS6ki8D7zQA

dculberson
dculberson UltimaDork
8/23/18 8:59 a.m.

In reply to Wally :

Your comment reminded me of this cartoon .. which I've enjoyed maybe a little too much for as dumb as it is:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdVHZwI8pcA

It helps that I spent a few weeks in New Zealand and I really enjoyed the accents. "Plinkton?"

Brian
Brian MegaDork
8/23/18 9:08 a.m.

I like Nickelback. 

Duke
Duke MegaDork
8/23/18 9:18 a.m.

In reply to dculberson :

If you dig Kiwi accents, rent / borrow Eagle vs. Shark, which is kind of like a Napoleon Dynamite love story set in New Zealand (but not really).  Even better is a vampire mockumentary called What We Do In The Shadows, which is berking hilarious.  Both are early movies are directed by Taika Watiti, who also directed Thor: Ragnarok, if you can believe it.

Wally
Wally MegaDork
8/23/18 9:25 a.m.

In reply to dculberson :

That was funnier that it should be.

Speaking of silly accents and whales : It’s s baby berkeleyin whale Jay 

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=P8Vjd_hdYYw

dculberson
dculberson UltimaDork
8/23/18 9:34 a.m.

In reply to Duke :

I've seen "What We Do In The Shadows." That was great. Maybe a little drier than I expected, but they are Kiwis. "We're werewolves, not swearwolves!"

barefootskater
barefootskater HalfDork
8/23/18 2:09 p.m.

I may have spent last week playing out a little "social experiment" involving a nosy coworker. Involved letting this guy overhear some meaningless conversations designed to get in this guys head, and boy did it work. I had to do a couple hours of "grunt work" yesterday morning as a sort of penance, but it was totally worth it.

Daylan C
Daylan C SuperDork
8/23/18 5:37 p.m.

Local car club has started doing "Cars and BBQ" at 6pm on a wednesday evening and I like this concept a hell a lot more than cars and coffee. 

Knurled.
Knurled. MegaDork
8/23/18 6:31 p.m.

I want to put 351C valve covers over a 5.3 Chevy's coil packs, with a carbureted manifold with one of those Big Ol' Ford air cleaners (which actually flowed really well).

Knurled.
Knurled. MegaDork
8/23/18 6:51 p.m.

More confession:  I extensively experienced an Escape today, and it makes me think having a Fiesta ST would be fun.   Same engine, same interior, but a lot less weight and a much more comfortable driving position.

Another confession:  The FiST never had an automatic and this is my stumbling block.  The 1.6 Ecoboost is brilliant with an automatic.

barefootskater
barefootskater HalfDork
8/23/18 6:56 p.m.

Just watched RCR's SN95 video.

These cars are dangerously cheap around here. 

I may be in trouble.

Daylan C
Daylan C SuperDork
8/23/18 7:29 p.m.

In reply to barefootskater :

Do it. I've been dailying one for a few months and my only problem with it is I have a lot less motivation to work on my '87 GTA now.

G_Body_Man
G_Body_Man UltraDork
8/24/18 10:10 a.m.

Dislocated (or at least partially dislocated) my right shoulder last night. "Fixed" it by jamming it back in and sleeping off the worst of the pain. I'm moving in a week, hopefully this doesn't berkeley things up too bad.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
MHPn21Rm3CF1xlwc1hTg8Hua6GjkNV83zJzL1GLx5hB2lznCssC3qWY4WnzofLZ7