Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 MegaDork
8/29/18 7:04 p.m.

I came home from a crap day, curled up in my patio chair with my munchkin, and proceeded to watch two hours of old loony tunes.

The confession? Im a horrible parent. Holy crap theres stuff in there i never thought about as a kid. Im grateful my kid doesn't notice because its funny as hell as an adult. 

Knurled.
Knurled. MegaDork
8/29/18 7:15 p.m.

In reply to Dusterbd13 :

A lot of Looney Tunes is banned nowadays.  You'll never see another Speedy Gonzales cartoon, or half of the Bugs Bunny cartoons.

My favorite:  You remember the Tom and Jerry (I think) cartoon with the dog who was using them to get him food and he would slap them around because they forgot the gravy, and at the end when they got their comeuppance and said "This time, we didn't forget the gravy" and started pumping the dog full of gravy through a hose?  Banned.  It's imitable behavior.  'Cos I know, when I first saw that cartoon as a four or five year old or something, my first thought was "Man, I want to get a barrel of gravy and hold down a friend of mine and pump him full of gravy so I can watch him expand like a balloon!"

Wait, this is a rant, not a confession...

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 MegaDork
8/29/18 7:18 p.m.

I was noticing a lack of some of my favorite cartoons. We were watching on prime, so i just blamed amazon. 

New confession: we tried to imitate bugs and elmer as kids with a bb gun. My brother and i both still have pock marks from where dad dug bbs out with a pocket knife. 

His statement of "stupidity should be painful " is one of my favorites today as a dad.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
8/29/18 7:55 p.m.

Dude. Remember the one where Bugs replaces the square dance caller (sometimes in drag) and proceeds to make the 2 hillbillies whale the crap out of each other?

Neither does anybody under 40, except maybe edited down to a nice tidy 2:30 break filler. 

Knurled.
Knurled. MegaDork
8/29/18 8:20 p.m.

Flirt with your partner

Annoy your spouse

Get a divorce and lose your house!  Do-see-do...

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy UltimaDork
8/29/18 9:12 p.m.
Duke said:

Dude. Remember the one where Bugs replaces the square dance caller (sometimes in drag) and proceeds to make the 2 hillbillies whale the crap out of each other?

Neither does anybody under 40, except maybe edited down to a nice tidy 2:30 break filler. 

"Whomp ye partner, doeseedoe, hit him with a left and around we go..."

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy UltimaDork
8/29/18 9:17 p.m.
sleepyhead
sleepyhead Dork
8/30/18 3:05 a.m.

This seems relevant  (re: Looney Tunes):

https://youtube.com/watch?v=kHpXle4NqWI

Duke
Duke MegaDork
8/30/18 6:35 a.m.
Streetwiseguy said:
Duke said:

"Whomp ye partner, doeseedoe, hit him with a left and around we go..."

"Hit em again, the critter is dead..."

Woody
Woody MegaDork
8/30/18 9:51 a.m.

Moments after leaving the house, my oldest child sent me the following text:

"Just so we all know, the Ruby Red seltzer in the fridge is mine."

I responded with, "Thanks for the info. And just so you know... the fridge, and everything that you see around it, is mine."

And that's the story of The Day That I Drank All The Seltzer.

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair MegaDork
8/30/18 10:06 a.m.
Woody said:

Moments after leaving the house, my oldest child sent me the following text:

"Just so we all know, the Ruby Red seltzer in the fridge is mine."

I responded with, "Thanks for the info. And just so you know... the fridge, and everything that you see around it, is mine."

And that's the story of The Day That I Drank All The Seltzer.

should be cross-posted to minor win thread.

Nick Comstock
Nick Comstock MegaDork
8/30/18 4:46 p.m.

She finally won. I realized today that I'm no longer interested in cars. 

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
8/31/18 12:00 a.m.

In reply to Nick Comstock :

Are you trying to tell us you're gay?

Cause that's OK.

sleepyhead
sleepyhead Dork
8/31/18 1:04 a.m.

In reply to Nick Comstock :

Bikes are more accessible?  They mightn't keep you in better shape too?

Nick Comstock
Nick Comstock MegaDork
8/31/18 6:32 a.m.

In reply to Appleseed :

Only on Tuesdays.

AWSX1686
AWSX1686 SuperDork
8/31/18 7:42 a.m.

Very seriously considering "giving up" on a project. It makes a lot of sense. Financially, while not a super expensive project, it still sucks money. Time, it is constantly needing attention. Passion, while I really like the car and would love to have it running at the top of its game to feel the power, and to be able to drive it down the street and turn heads, in the end it's not MY project. It's someone else's old project that I'm trying to fix. But still, as good for me as it might be to let it go, it makes me feel like I'm giving up on it, and that that makes me feel like a failure. 

AWSX1686
AWSX1686 SuperDork
8/31/18 7:43 a.m.

There's also other things and other projects that I'd like to do that I really can't while this one is in the mix. 

Daylan C
Daylan C SuperDork
8/31/18 10:26 p.m.

I've been happy all day and I'm partially blaming Eminem. The surprise drop new album is fuego.

KyAllroad (Jeremy)
KyAllroad (Jeremy) PowerDork
9/1/18 8:54 a.m.

Snu snu at 10:30 last night.  Then again at 2 am.  And again at 8:30 this morning.   I feel like a teenager!

Have a great Weekend everyone laugh

stanger_missle
stanger_missle SuperDork
9/2/18 12:00 a.m.

I caught a Top Gear: US marathon tonight. On the luxury car episode (S2E5), they had Arlene Tur on as a guest. Wow, I want to have her babies.

Greg Smith
Greg Smith HalfDork
9/2/18 1:03 a.m.
Dusterbd13 said:

I came home from a crap day, curled up in my patio chair with my munchkin, and proceeded to watch two hours of old loony tunes.

The confession? Im a horrible parent. Holy crap theres stuff in there i never thought about as a kid. Im grateful my kid doesn't notice because its funny as hell as an adult. 

I think that was the point of those cartoons - they worked very well on a kids' level with slapstick humor, etc. Then also were funny for the adults too.

Greg Smith
Greg Smith HalfDork
9/2/18 1:08 a.m.
AWSX1686 said:

Very seriously considering "giving up" on a project. It makes a lot of sense. Financially, while not a super expensive project, it still sucks money. Time, it is constantly needing attention. Passion, while I really like the car and would love to have it running at the top of its game to feel the power, and to be able to drive it down the street and turn heads, in the end it's not MY project. It's someone else's old project that I'm trying to fix. But still, as good for me as it might be to let it go, it makes me feel like I'm giving up on it, and that that makes me feel like a failure. 

If the passion is not there, then it will always come to feel like work. If it's something you dreamed about, then let go, that's something else entirely. But I think you are really looking at this maturely, and sometimes it's much healthier to let go rather than simply set aside and accumulate. Probably something I should learn ;).

Duke
Duke MegaDork
9/3/18 11:25 a.m.
Greg Smith said:
AWSX1686 said:

If the passion is not there, then it will always come to feel like work. If it's something you dreamed about, then let go, that's something else entirely. But I think you are really looking at this maturely, and sometimes it's much healthier to let go rather than simply set aside and accumulate. Probably something I should learn ;).

See also: when the passion for my 1967 Le Mans was alive and burning inside Curtis, but not me any longer. It was the right thing to do for all of us, including the car. 

RevRico
RevRico UberDork
9/3/18 4:56 p.m.

That pig was worth every penny. Dammit, now I need to budget $700 every summer for a 4H pig.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
9/3/18 8:24 p.m.

In reply to RevRico :

How far did you ride it?

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
yPNH8C25iLegZJ5G1LGiRgoJMJwnbHcnQRBcEpSKKpFt9pJmwBXOowGMl2L0CsTn