Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy UltimaDork
10/24/18 8:06 a.m.

In reply to AWSX1686 :

I get annoyed when complaints come in for low dollar cars.   

Once I stopped a guy complaining about the battery in my Datsun 310GX.  Dude - I’m asking $400 - want perfection?  New cars were running $10,000 at the time.  

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 MegaDork
10/24/18 8:23 a.m.

In reply to Datsun310Guy :

Believe me, i didn't feel well after doing it.....

Daylan C
Daylan C SuperDork
10/24/18 5:28 p.m.

I'm currently at a standstill on removing the GTA's steering box because I can't find my bigger hammer. This is a problem.

Stampie
Stampie UberDork
10/24/18 6:45 p.m.

In reply to Daylan C :

Sometimes a bigger pry bar can substitute for a bigger hammer.

Daylan C
Daylan C SuperDork
10/24/18 7:05 p.m.

In reply to Stampie :

Noted. I'll see what I come up with when I attack it again tomorrow. The pitman does not want to let go at either end when faced with the persuasion techniques I tried today. 

Knurled.
Knurled. MegaDork
10/24/18 7:47 p.m.

In reply to Daylan C :

Back up the other side with another hammer.  Works like magic.

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 MegaDork
10/24/18 7:52 p.m.

Rent/borrow the pullers. Worth every penny. 

And ive also had to cut the Pitman arms to loosen.

Daylan C
Daylan C SuperDork
10/24/18 9:05 p.m.

In reply to Dusterbd13 :

I was using the pitman arm pulller, but I'm pretty sure I managed to do it wrong.

AWSX1686
AWSX1686 SuperDork
10/25/18 11:53 a.m.

I might be picking up another Miata tonight. 

KyAllroad (Jeremy)
KyAllroad (Jeremy) PowerDork
10/25/18 12:46 p.m.

I suspect that the reason the zombie apocalypse concept is so popular is the underlying desire to strip life down to the basics.  Food, shelter, and shoot annoying berkeleyers in the face with a shotgun.  Modern society chafes sometimes.

AWSX1686
AWSX1686 SuperDork
10/25/18 2:09 p.m.
AWSX1686 said:

Never mind. Dude doesn't want to sell to me at the price he offered if I came tonight because someone else is coming tomorrow with more money. Fair, but slightly sad.

EastCoastMojo
EastCoastMojo Mod Squad
10/25/18 9:06 p.m.

Chuck bought some wireless security cameras for the yard and shop and installed them today. After he left for work I stood in front of each one and made them take pics of me making funny faces so when he checks the app later it should be hilarious.

Stampie
Stampie UberDork
10/25/18 9:10 p.m.
AWSX1686 said:
AWSX1686 said:

Never mind. Dude doesn't want to sell to me at the price he offered if I came tonight because someone else is coming tomorrow with more money. Fair, but slightly sad.

When tomorrow dude falls through make sure you offer less money than today. 

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 MegaDork
10/25/18 9:18 p.m.

I think I may work from the office tomorrow. 

And by work i mean just answer the phone and emails and do paperwork. 

And by office i mean dads shop.

We'll see what happens after lunch. Thats when the fecal matter hits the ceiling mounted oscillating device on Friday at my job.

AWSX1686
AWSX1686 SuperDork
10/26/18 7:40 a.m.
Stampie said:
AWSX1686 said:
AWSX1686 said:

When tomorrow dude falls through make sure you offer less money than today. 

Oh, I'll be keeping a close eye for that opportunity. I mean, the price the other guy is coming for is still not bad for the car, but as a potential challenge car, and also since it would probably sit for at least 6 months till I can get to it, I need cheap as possible. 

mtn
mtn MegaDork
10/26/18 10:47 a.m.

In the mood for some hot comfort food for lunch. Not a ton of options around work. There is, however, a Golden Corral within a 2 minute drive. What is wrong with me that I'm even considering that? "Hey Mike, lets go get a plate of hot brown"

Wally
Wally MegaDork
10/26/18 11:16 a.m.
NickD said:

I firmly believe that everyone on this planet, on some level, enjoys Hall & Oates

KyAllroad (Jeremy)
KyAllroad (Jeremy) PowerDork
10/26/18 2:20 p.m.

I paid $150 for the crapbox Suzuki. I'm probably into it for a total of about $500 but it snapped the timing belt and is an interference engine so I no longer feel like messing with it.  Yesterday I listed it on FB marketplace and figured I'd sell up the fact that it's a low mileage 2008 but also inform potential buyers of exactly what is wrong with it and stuck a price tag of $1,000 on it.  So far I've had at least 30 people interested and probably 10 of those serious buyers.

I feel slightly guilty about the price but also want to make money on a broken car......

Ashyukun (Robert)
Ashyukun (Robert) UltraDork
10/26/18 2:39 p.m.

In reply to KyAllroad (Jeremy) :

If you're completely up-front and honest about it and make sure they understand the problem and they buy it, nothing wrong with that. I'd probably be more likely personally to sell it to someone who could clearly afford it and demonstrated some semblance of mechanical aptitude though...

Woody
Woody MegaDork
10/27/18 7:49 a.m.

I had olives for breakfast.

BlueInGreen - Jon
BlueInGreen - Jon SuperDork
10/27/18 8:29 a.m.

The old minivan had to go to the junkyard and I’ve been missing it, only because it was a great place to stash wheels, hoods, bumpers, etc. out of the way while I work on other stuff.

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy UltimaDork
10/27/18 10:22 a.m.
Woody said:

I had olives for breakfast.

I cut lawns for a builder when I was 16 years old and they had a ton of olives in their garage so I ate an entire can while my buddy watched waiting for me to blow chunks.  

Nothing - I’m half Italian; we eat olives at 6 months of age.  It was however the last time.  

Now I only eat 1/2 a can.  

sleepyhead
sleepyhead Dork
10/27/18 10:48 a.m.

In reply to Woody & Datsun310Guy :

Just to be clear... are we talking green or black?

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
10/27/18 12:26 p.m.
Wally said:
NickD said:

I firmly believe that everyone on this planet, on some level, enjoys Hall & Oates

IT'S LEGIT! I never laughed so hard. Call it. 

dropstep
dropstep UltraDork
10/27/18 3:24 p.m.

My 75lb dog runs from our 12lb puppy when they play. I find it hilarious watching the big mean looking dog run.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
jBvTWg9pv9FTBoYeUnemwWP91zwd0RKZvAvUHy3ZKCp0KHJaKTFQ7XUzHfLtMz1Z