Datsun310Guy UltimaDork
10/27/18 4:39 p.m.

A can of black olives.  

Woody
Woody MegaDork
10/27/18 9:19 p.m.
sleepyhead said:

In reply to Woody & Datsun310Guy :

Just to be clear... are we talking green or black?

These were feta stuffed green Greek olives from the olive bar at Stew Leonard's.

Second Minor Confession: I now spend more time at olive bars than at regular bars.

Knurled.
Knurled. MegaDork
10/28/18 9:41 a.m.

I ate raw ramen straight out of the packet and I liked it better than cooked.

wae
wae SuperDork
10/28/18 9:51 a.m.

In reply to Knurled. :

It's actually really good if you break it up and use it as a salad topping.

RevRico
RevRico UberDork
10/28/18 9:54 a.m.
Knurled. said:

I ate raw ramen straight out of the packet and I liked it better than cooked.

All of the filling, none of the salt. Much better when you're living on ramen to eat it that way, in my experience. 

EastCoastMojo
EastCoastMojo Mod Squad
10/28/18 10:12 a.m.

In reply to Knurled. :

I agree, raw ramen is the best ramen.

I'll have to try the salad topper idea.

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy UltimaDork
10/28/18 11:33 a.m.

Or cook the ramen, leave the flavour packet out, cool the noodles and use it to replace lettuce in a salad. Some sort of Thai ginger peanutty dressing.  Lots of onions...

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy UltimaDork
10/29/18 6:51 p.m.

I confess I took a 15-20 minute nap on my lunch hour every day last week.  

I feel guilty cause hunter type aggressive salesmen don’t take lunch.  You travel to the next site or network or drink martinis. 

Call it a power nap or a de-stressor or that I was on my time but in the end I both enjoyed it and felt guilty at the same time.  

Daylan C
Daylan C SuperDork
10/31/18 2:17 p.m.

I'm really hoping for a canoe that's trying to sell us literal canoes.

JohnInKansas
JohnInKansas Dork
10/31/18 3:26 p.m.

Seriously. I don't want to build something that could be competitive for the sake of being competitive. I like what I have, and I get a kick out of flogging the hell out of it even though we wind up in a class that ... out-classes us.

Inspired by reminiscent post about how much fun the Challenge was before it was about rules.

dropstep
dropstep UltraDork
11/1/18 7:39 p.m.

My zephyr makes 88hp and 160ft lbs of torque and it feels like a rocketship next too my 90 ranger with the 2.3, but its wet out and the ranger has dry rotted tires so I drifted it home like it actually made power!

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
11/1/18 9:19 p.m.

I'm convinced that all food critics are pompous asshats.

P3PPY
P3PPY Reader
11/1/18 11:20 p.m.
Datsun310Guy said:

In reply to AWSX1686 :

I get annoyed when complaints come in for low dollar cars.   

Once I stopped a guy complaining about the battery in my Datsun 310GX.  Dude - I’m asking $400 - want perfection?  New cars were running $10,000 at the time.  

A buddy and I once went in on flipping a 12 y/o grand am (like a 97) and listed it it for $750 just so we didn't have to sit on it too long. That turned out to be way too low for it, dangit. Anyway, after it went up on craigslist he got 30 calls in the first couple hours. While the first dude is test driving it he literally gets two more calls. The guy pulls back up and tries to lowball him. "Why is it so cheap? What else is wrong with it?" As he's trying to lowball, Jason is silencing another call. I love his reply, "look pal, if you wanna pay more someone down the way is asking two grand for an 84 Tempo, why don't you go buy that one instead?"

The guy ended up buying it for asking price and we began to consider a new rule for cars we sell: $X,XXX firm. If you try to go lower the price goes up $100.

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy UltimaDork
11/2/18 5:26 p.m.

I confess I would rather splurge on my wife than myself.  Just dropped $2000 on a new stove and washer today.  Wife happy and for $59 they install them both.   

I also announced that less than the amount I’m spending on triple Weber’s when I, uh hum, finally buy that 240Z I’ve been eyeing since 1985.  

Then mysteriously Molly Hatchet came on the radio.   

https://youtu.be/jTZHHQplIX8

It sucks getting old.  

Wally
Wally MegaDork
11/2/18 7:44 p.m.

For some reason my DVR thought I’d enjoy a David Foster tribute show. It was right, he writes some fine music.  

http://www.pbs.org/wnet/gperf/hitman-david-foster-friends-introduction/456/

Stampie
Stampie UberDork
11/7/18 9:20 a.m.

Sometimes the morning after a good whiskey night, I check the $2000 Classifieds to make sure I didn't agree to buy a $40 Spitfire the night before.

Daylan C
Daylan C SuperDork
11/7/18 9:24 a.m.

I'm still really hoping somebody speaks up and claims they nabbed that $150 Corvette before this weekend.

Knurled.
Knurled. MegaDork
11/7/18 8:08 p.m.
Stampie said:

Sometimes the morning after a good whiskey night, I check the $2000 Classifieds to make sure I didn't agree to buy a $40 Spitfire the night before.

I've had strange things shipped to me by UPS and/or FedEx.  eBay is a horrible thing to access while inebriated.   Or wonderful, depending on your point of view.

I have not yet been shipped a live badger, at least.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
11/10/18 10:41 a.m.

Do you think the fact that it expires tomorrow will stop me from eating it today?

imgon
imgon Reader
11/10/18 11:53 a.m.

In reply to Appleseed :

Hell no, expiration dates are merely a suggestion,  except for maybe milk,  eat up and enjoy.

Wally
Wally MegaDork
11/10/18 12:16 p.m.
imgon said:

In reply to Appleseed :

Hell no, expiration dates are merely a suggestion,  except for maybe milk,  eat up and enjoy.

Exactly, I’ve had things way out of date with no problems.  

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair MegaDork
11/10/18 3:16 p.m.
Stampie said:

Only at GRM do we delineate a good whiskey night from a bad whiskey night by whether or not we bought a $40 Spitfire, but I totally get it.  I mean, a $40 Spitfire is way worse than puking your guts out before going to Waffle House.

Knurled.
Knurled. MegaDork
11/10/18 3:32 p.m.
Wally said:
imgon said:

In reply to Appleseed :

Exactly, I’ve had things way out of date with no problems.  

EvanB
EvanB MegaDork
11/10/18 3:37 p.m.
Appleseed said:

Dp you think the fact that it expires tomorrow will stop me from eating it today?

If in doubt, fry it up and eat it with eggs.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
11/10/18 3:49 p.m.

Shut up and chew your milk.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
jygvkVEfw2LwJOZCAPc8HDsbYZIjHX4ppfAwHUpnLPvh6CnIb1J2aRyRcWROzCdS