Wally
Wally MegaDork
12/29/18 8:13 p.m.

This Christmas season kind of sucked. My wife got me some neat stuff, but between spending most of the year alone, then getting hurt and not being able to put up any decorations it’s been very disappointing. I finally got a check from my disability insurance and just spent $300 on outdoor lights and inflatables for next year. Now I’m making the wife watch Holiday Inn. 

Patrick
Patrick MegaDork
12/29/18 8:15 p.m.

I threw a cat down the hill today

back story:  colin found a cat today, that got its head stuck between a pipe and our foundation and looked to maybe break its neck trying to get out because it died with its eyes open.  We have buzzards in the valley next to the house and i toss them roadkill and kitchen meat scraps, so i tossed the cat down to them because I don’t know whose it was.  

Wally
Wally MegaDork
12/29/18 8:28 p.m.

I forgot about the Lincoln’s Birthday number. That didn’t age well.

nutherjrfan
nutherjrfan UltraDork
12/29/18 8:36 p.m.

In reply to Knurled. :

Dude you should live in L.A. you'd kill it. smiley

Wally
Wally MegaDork
12/29/18 8:57 p.m.

In reply to mtn :

Queens NY is like that, then they throw in some Rds and Pls to. Some parts are fun to navigate.

nutherjrfan
nutherjrfan UltraDork
12/29/18 9:28 p.m.

In reply to Wally :

The funniest thing to me one time was a New Orleans kid telling me how organic the city was. It's one of the simplest grid systems I've seen at the very least for the quarter. smiley

Duke
Duke MegaDork
12/29/18 10:00 p.m.
Woody said:

My town has a Main Street North and a Main Street South. They are perpendicular to one another.

This has bothered me for 41 years.

Our town had East Main Street and West Main Street for decades. They have recently added a South Main Street.  And yes, they all intersect at a 5 points intersection, and no, East and West branches do not point in opposite directions along the same axis. 

nutherjrfan
nutherjrfan UltraDork
12/29/18 10:31 p.m.

ha I just remembered stumping a Belfast cabbie.  Marlborough Pk.  North South or Central with a confidant eye over his shoulder?  Nope.  Cross Ave.  hunh?  yep.  there was a avenue that crossed North and South and intersected Central. laugh

Nick Comstock
Nick Comstock MegaDork
12/29/18 10:33 p.m.

I enjoy the process of ironing clothes.

nutherjrfan
nutherjrfan UltraDork
12/29/18 11:14 p.m.

In reply to Nick Comstock :

oh i hate it.  i actually threw out a two decades old iron recently that initially cost me almost $100.  I discovered laundered shirts at the dry cleaners.  Yes more than two bucks a pop but not having to do late night laundry in the basement then a crappy ironing job that gets jostled mussed up on the subway - priceless. smiley

Daylan C
Daylan C UltraDork
12/30/18 6:31 p.m.

I'm strongly considering getting on the Panther bandwagon. I've run out of reasons not to.

dropstep
dropstep UltraDork
12/30/18 7:29 p.m.

I've been looking for a tow rig/daily and my search includes f series trucks, 9 passenger wagons and full size Broncos but I keep coming back too trying to find a 70s quad cab that isn't rusted too death. My budget makes it hard to find but I cant press the easy button and buy an obs quad cab 

Woody
Woody MegaDork
1/4/19 7:43 p.m.

I can’t find nothing wrong with being friends because sometimes, she lets me use the car. 

Knurled.
Knurled. MegaDork
1/4/19 8:12 p.m.
dropstep said:

I've been looking for a tow rig/daily and my search includes f series trucks, 9 passenger wagons and full size Broncos but I keep coming back too trying to find a 70s quad cab that isn't rusted too death. My budget makes it hard to find but I cant press the easy button and buy an obs quad cab 

I've towed with a sedan OBS.  It wasn't the most pleasant experience.

Knurled.
Knurled. MegaDork
1/4/19 8:15 p.m.

Crap... that reminds me....  I still have to do something with that GTI.

Nick Comstock
Nick Comstock MegaDork
1/4/19 8:18 p.m.
nutherjrfan said:

In reply to Nick Comstock :

oh i hate it.  i actually threw out a two decades old iron recently that initially cost me almost $100.  I discovered laundered shirts at the dry cleaners.  Yes more than two bucks a pop but not having to do late night laundry in the basement then a crappy ironing job that gets jostled mussed up on the subway - priceless. smiley

Maybe it's because it's something that is not necessary in my daily life and I only do it at most once a month. 

Or maybe I'm just weird frown

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy UltimaDork
1/4/19 8:18 p.m.

In reply to Knurled. :

A blue Impreza RS with big round Hella driving lights and a Gen 1 Rabbit GTI?  Both on my bucket list?  Rub it in pal. 

EvanB
EvanB MegaDork
1/4/19 8:27 p.m.

I towed a mk1 gti on a dolly behind my 2.5rs and it was also unpleasant. Flat towing the mini with my Miata was much better. Therefore a miata is a better tow vehicle than an Impreza.

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair MegaDork
1/4/19 9:46 p.m.

Doesn’t matter how close to the beginning or the end.  If I’m channel surfing and Training Day is on, I’m watching it.  Like right now, for example.

daeman
daeman Dork
1/4/19 10:33 p.m.

So we just accepted an offer on our house.... I'm ecstatic, relived, exhausted, happy, sad, humbled and absolutely E36 M3 scared.....

dropstep
dropstep UltraDork
1/5/19 12:44 a.m.
Knurled. said:
dropstep said:

I've towed with a sedan OBS.  It wasn't the most pleasant experience.

I used too tow my capri the 2hours too muncie to drag race almost every weekend with a bone stock 76 f100. The obs should be an upgrade in every way possible, I just don't like the way they look.

Knurled.
Knurled. MegaDork
1/5/19 3:55 a.m.
Datsun310Guy said:

In reply to Knurled. :

A blue Impreza RS with big round Hella driving lights and a Gen 1 Rabbit GTI?  Both on my bucket list?  Rub it in pal. 

If it's any consolation, the Subaru wasn't mine, it was a friend's and later that friend sold it to Jerry and then he sold it to someone else.  And then the dinosaurs came, but they got too big and fat, so they died and turned into oil.

It was a lot of fun to rallycross.  Flat towing a nose heavy car that had a severe alignment problem, not so much.  Unless you are a fan of having to countersteer through a highway interchange and instinct is telling you that you are going way too fast but you don't DARE lift because you don't want to end up on the Whoops! page of 4 Wheel & Off-Road.

Daylan C
Daylan C UltraDork
1/5/19 5:03 a.m.

I really wish I could read Korean so I could tell if this canoe is finally trying to sell us canoes.

Woody
Woody MegaDork
1/5/19 8:07 p.m.

I am seriously contemplating the sight-unseen purchase of a cheap race car that I'm not sure I'll fit in, based upon the anticipated travel to a faraway state for the pending funeral of a 90 year old uncle who has not even died yet.

What the hell is wrong with me?

Wally
Wally MegaDork
1/5/19 8:12 p.m.

In reply to Woody :

Is he at least sick?

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
ONnqdEffaVhBnaknHBMmFpiQDPh4kwVZfZnrHsty5n7WynWTgtcQomWmEULzGPj2