Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
1/17/19 9:06 p.m.
nutherjrfan said:
Appleseed said:

I listened to a opera this morning on the drive to work and thoroughly enjoyed it. 

well was it Carmina Burana from the Damien movies or Ride of the Valkyries a la Apocalypse Now? smiley

Definitely wasn't Wagner. There would have been flaming carnage all down interstate 90 in to Chicago, because that defiantly makes me drive fast and want to break E36 M3.

It was more like Shawshank. 

"I have no idea to this day what those two Italian ladies were singing about. Truth is, I don't wanna know. Some things are best left unsaid. I'd like to think they were singing about something so beautiful it can't be expressed in words, and it makes your heart ache because of it. I tell you those voices soared, higher and farther than anybody in a grey place dares to dream. It was like some beautiful bird flapped into our drab little cage and made these walls dissolve away, and for the briefest of moments, every last man in Shawshank felt free."

NickD
NickD UberDork
1/18/19 11:22 a.m.

When ordering my new clutch setup, I nearly optioned the heavier flywheel. Then I realized that I'm putting in numerically lower rear gears, and adding a muffler to the exhaust to quiet it down, and a few other changes to make it more civilized and I couldn't bring myself to entirely wimp out.

Wally
Wally MegaDork
1/18/19 6:58 p.m.

Almost all of Twitter is infuriating except  Thoughts of Dog.  

Knurled.
Knurled. MegaDork
1/18/19 7:31 p.m.
NickD said:

When ordering my new clutch setup, I nearly optioned the heavier flywheel. Then I realized that I'm putting in numerically lower rear gears, and adding a muffler to the exhaust to quiet it down, and a few other changes to make it more civilized and I couldn't bring myself to entirely wimp out.

Heavy flywheels are for people who don't know how to drive with a clutch.

I have a 9lb in my car and wish it was a 0lb.  Go light and never go back.

Woody
Woody MegaDork
1/18/19 8:28 p.m.

I can't believe that it all flushed down on the first try.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
1/19/19 9:55 a.m.

I'm eating Coco-Puffs/Peanut Butter Crunch combo cereal, chili, and a green apple for breakfast. Don't tell me that those things can't go together.

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy UltimaDork
1/20/19 6:56 p.m.

I wish I really knew how to pinstripe but I have no art talent at all.

My 16 year old daughter is a great artist with a ton of talent and won't take up pinstriping.  

G_Body_Man
G_Body_Man UltraDork
1/21/19 4:15 p.m.

I have two confessions

I haven't worked on a car in 3 months.

Monster & gin is a reaaaallly good combo.

Daylan C
Daylan C UltraDork
1/21/19 5:35 p.m.

In reply to G_Body_Man :

Last time I had anything to do with monster and booze I woke up to a text the next morning saying I needed to apologize to my friend's girlfriend. A matress was also lost due to the events that took place that night. Oh and my Mustang smelled like vomit for 3 days.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
1/21/19 5:55 p.m.

In reply to Daylan C :

That sounds more like pilot error.

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy UltimaDork
1/21/19 8:50 p.m.

I bought the Black Friday magazine subscription deal and paid a few dollars extra for the 3X shirt and I’m really surprised at how nice these GRM shirts are. 

I was expecting suck-butt crap as the norm when getting “free” stuff but these shirts are decent.  

Wally
Wally MegaDork
1/21/19 8:53 p.m.

In reply to Datsun310Guy :

I wish i could learn pinstriping.  The guy that lettered our racecars tried to teach me but my hand isn't steady enough.   

Daylan C
Daylan C UltraDork
1/21/19 9:44 p.m.
Appleseed said:

In reply to Daylan C :

Oh I'm certain of it, but I make a point to avoid energy drinks on heavy drinking nights now.

Stampie
Stampie PowerDork
1/21/19 9:50 p.m.

I tried to search South Bend, Indiana Craigslist for a South Bend lathe.

My confession is I'm a dumbass. 

NickD
NickD UberDork
1/22/19 5:27 a.m.
Wally said:

I wish i could learn pinstriping.  The guy that lettered our racecars tried to teach me but my hand isn't steady enough.   

Need to drink more. I remember talking to a guy who built a 200mph '34 Ford completely in his garage and he decided to pinstripe it. Went to a junkyard and got a bunch of panels and practiced and was doing great. Would sit down in front of the Ford and his hand would start shaking. He got thinking about how most old sign painters he knew were a bunch of drunks, so he grabbed a bottle of wine and started drinking and the more he drank the straighter the lines came out. Woke up the next morning and was afraid it was going to be a wavy mess, but, nope, it was all perfectly straight.

Knurled.
Knurled. MegaDork
1/22/19 5:47 a.m.

In reply to NickD :

I've heard of sport shooters taking very high amounts of aspirin to thin their blood so much that it takes away all traces of jitter.

Not going to try that one.

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair MegaDork
1/22/19 6:30 a.m.
Appleseed said:

In reply to Daylan C :

They’ll give you wings for sure, but not everyone was meant to fly.

edizzle89
edizzle89 SuperDork
1/22/19 12:42 p.m.
Daylan C said:

In reply to G_Body_Man :

Last time I had anything to do with monster and booze I woke up to a text the next morning saying I needed to apologize to my friend's girlfriend. A matress was also lost due to the events that took place that night. Oh and my Mustang smelled like vomit for 3 days.

Back when Four Loko's where still real energy booze my buddy and I got hammered on them, ran his Gator into a tree while wheeling through the woods and shattered a fender (found out the hard way Gator fenders where ~$300) then we try to climb a hay bail with his 1980 lifted 4x4 Toyota pickup and rolled it. After that we called it a night.

**Disclimer** - This was all on his farm's property so the only people/property we could hurt was ourselves.

G_Body_Man
G_Body_Man UltraDork
1/22/19 7:09 p.m.

In reply to edizzle89 :

OG Four Lokos are no joke. We still have something similar but weaker and it's a decent buzz, although the lack of taurine makes it overall underwhelming.

JohnInKansas
JohnInKansas Dork
1/23/19 6:52 a.m.

Normally my commute is about 40 minutes, but we got freezing rain that turned into 4 inches of snow overnight. Had to be in 90 minutes earlier than normal, too. 

I may have rewarded myself for being up super early and surviving the drive with a couple of low-speed handbrake spins in the empty parking lot at the office.

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy UltimaDork
1/23/19 9:22 p.m.

Gretchen Carlson pledged her love to me 30 years ago and I just laughed it off.  

Now I regret not taking it to the next level. 

Woody
Woody MegaDork
1/24/19 6:46 a.m.

I’d rather have the Corvette. 

Daylan C
Daylan C UltraDork
1/24/19 11:31 a.m.

I got so fed up with my car's E36 M3 that my morning plans started at roadkill parking lot fix, to going home to get the trailer to haul it home, to finally deciding I didn't want to push it on the trailer so I ended up paying to get it hauled home on a rollback.

EvanB
EvanB MegaDork
1/24/19 4:19 p.m.

With all the rain recently and then temps in the single digits there are multiple large areas in my back yard that flooded and froze. I kinda want to buy a RC car with studded tires and go ice racing. 

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
1/24/19 6:15 p.m.

I have never enjoyed fishing.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
tC8sEEhDN9486DxEGBQ0d4PG0OY1T4tohtKLpd9GxFgYZMBEvcbf3G238N85kBEN