dropstep
dropstep UltraDork
1/30/19 7:16 p.m.

I'm actually happy to be off work for these 3 cold days while waiting to see a back surgeon because I dont have to open a garage door 2-5 times an hour and freeze all day 

Antihero
Antihero Dork
1/30/19 10:14 p.m.

Theres a cheap xj8 vanden plas jag near me that ive eyeballed on craigslist more than a few times.....

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
1/30/19 10:36 p.m.

It takes little amount of alcohol to get me drunk, but it takes an exceptional amount of alcohol to get me to stop.

Daylan C
Daylan C UltraDork
1/31/19 2:27 a.m.
Antihero said:

Theres a cheap xj8 vanden plas jag near me that ive eyeballed on craigslist more than a few times.....

I was doing a pretty good job forgetting those until now. Sort of the opposite of what I had in mind for my next daily but really it does what I need perfectly...when it runs.

G_Body_Man
G_Body_Man UltraDork
1/31/19 7:13 a.m.

I've been seriously thinking about buying a Quattroporte with the ZF gearbox as a new daily when I finish college so I can build the Infiniti and take better care of it (put it away for winter, etc.)

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
1/31/19 11:21 a.m.

In reply to G_Body_Man :

You won't have time to work on anything if you do that.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
1/31/19 11:49 a.m.

I'm tired.

Dusterbd13-michael
Dusterbd13-michael MegaDork
1/31/19 11:54 a.m.

Trimming vct tiles with an angle grinder and cutoff wheel was not a good idea.

dculberson
dculberson UltimaDork
1/31/19 12:06 p.m.

In reply to G_Body_Man :

Let me get this straight: A Maserati as a winter beater to keep miles off an Infiniti? And a G35 at that?

Not just no, but hell no.

Antihero
Antihero Dork
1/31/19 12:30 p.m.
Daylan C said:
Antihero said:

I was doing a pretty good job forgetting those until now. Sort of the opposite of what I had in mind for my next daily but really it does what I need perfectly...when it runs.

Kinda what im thinking too. Its sub challenge money too, i could even Gastropod it

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy MegaDork
1/31/19 12:41 p.m.
G_Body_Man said:

I've been seriously thinking about buying a Quattroporte with the ZF gearbox as a new daily when I finish college so I can build the Infiniti and take better care of it (put it away for winter, etc.)

Hahahahahahahahahaha... You kill me.

RevRico
RevRico PowerDork
1/31/19 12:43 p.m.
G_Body_Man said:

What kind of career do you have fresh out of college that could afford the insurance payments on a mas?

KyAllroad (Jeremy)
KyAllroad (Jeremy) PowerDork
1/31/19 12:48 p.m.

In reply to Dusterbd13-michael :

Ummm, you might want to try heating those with a torch and just cutting them with a utility knife.  wink

Dusterbd13-michael
1/31/19 12:58 p.m.

In reply to KyAllroad (Jeremy) :

I had tr tim at the feet of the cabinets that are installed over the existing tile, so i could lay tile up to them.

Tyere was probably an easier way...

Ashyukun (Robert)
Ashyukun (Robert) UberDork
1/31/19 1:04 p.m.

In reply to Dusterbd13-michael :

Maybe an oscillating tool?

Daylan C
Daylan C UltraDork
1/31/19 6:43 p.m.

I think it's possible I have posted here while intoxicated and those posts may have been more coherent than the ones posted while I was sober.

NickD
NickD UberDork
2/2/19 8:44 a.m.

I really need to replace my Subaru Baja before next winter. The two vehicles I'm shopping for a replacement are either Mazda2s or Lexus LS400s. Yes, that is quite the cross-shop

BlueInGreen - Jon
BlueInGreen - Jon SuperDork
2/2/19 11:04 a.m.
Daylan C said:
Antihero said:

And now I’m looking at cheap Jags on local CL.

Antihero
Antihero Dork
2/2/19 11:33 a.m.
BlueInGreen - Jon said:
Daylan C said:
Antihero said:

And now I’m looking at cheap Jags on local CL.

The one I looked at jumped $900 after I texted him so I'm not looking at it anymore.

$1599 obo for a supercharged vanden plas was a deal but I'm less interested over challenge price for obvious reasons

jharry3
jharry3 Reader
2/2/19 11:36 a.m.

I'd rather work on my vehicles than make the house pretty. 

My wife is upset about this.  Am I a bad man?

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy MegaDork
2/2/19 12:57 p.m.

In reply to jharry3 :

Our opinion doesn't count, because we don't have the power to take away all your stuff except the project car you will be living in.

Daylan C
Daylan C UltraDork
2/3/19 9:54 a.m.

So I was all ready to do an LS swap in my GTA, but now I've started stumbling on all the LT1/4l60 pull outs for cheap. Time to talk myself into optispark.

Dusterbd13-michael
2/3/19 2:50 p.m.

Step one in diagnostics for the challenge car is to clean my shop. That way i can get it here, and clean dads shop.

Im a damned slob.

Wally
Wally MegaDork
2/3/19 4:35 p.m.

I always enjoy angering Uncle Snowflake Sheepdog.  Tonight he’s mad because I claimed in one of his NASCAR Facebook posts that Kyle Busch is today’s Dale Sr.  He’s been a Dale Earnhardt fan since he retired and moved south way back in 2006 (Yes, 2006) and can’t believe I could make such an ignorant statement. I even gave some examples and got some people agreeing with me but that just proves he knows more than one idiot. Between this and my asinine Superb Owl posts I may ruin his night.

NickD
NickD UberDork
2/4/19 12:32 p.m.

Pretty sure the fuel pump in the Baja has started to rust out, as I can smell fuel when standing under the back of the vehicle, and the filler neck looks like it's been replaced. I'll send this junk to the boneyard before I put a sending unit in it.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
DhRWhzKLQaHxJJFQNGrjG5oxYJOP30fHXPE9Nl4aibzZP1t20s6GKLq8z8glcR8X