Brett_Murphy
Brett_Murphy UltimaDork
2/27/19 9:43 a.m.

All of you discussing the Forest Gump issues missed the actual worst movie that somehow was popular at the time:

The Breakfast Club

Here are some categories, sort yourself into one and look! People aren't all that bad.

That's just the most obvious issue with it, too. berkeley your movie and die in a fire.

SaltyDog
SaltyDog HalfDork
2/27/19 10:00 a.m.

Half confession, half rant.

Standing in line behind Random Old Dude at the pharmacy.

They ask him for his date of birth. He tells them.

Random Old Dude is younger than me. Dammit. He LOOKED older...

Duke
Duke MegaDork
2/27/19 10:25 a.m.
Brett_Murphy said:

All of you discussing the Forest Gump issues missed the actual worst movie that somehow was popular at the time:

The Breakfast Club

Here are some categories, sort yourself into one and look! People aren't all that bad.

That's just the most obvious issue with it, too. berkeley your movie and die in a fire.

Ummmmm, the whole point of Breakfast Club was that people SHOULDN'T be sorted into categories because they are more than that.

Stampie
Stampie PowerDork
2/27/19 12:43 p.m.

Woody's penis thread reminded me that I used to trade my drug free urine for bottles of whiskey. 

Daylan C
Daylan C UltraDork
2/27/19 1:09 p.m.

Currently wondering if a week and a half before I get to see the car in person is too early for a build thread.

purplepeopleeater
purplepeopleeater Reader
2/27/19 1:13 p.m.

In reply to SaltyDog :

BTDT. Don't know whether he looked like E36 M3e or my glasses are rose tinted.

Woody
Woody MegaDork
2/27/19 3:36 p.m.

Today I ordered a sandwich called the Cheesy Beefy and told them to hold the cheese. I immediately realized that I sounded like an absolute moron, but it turned out to be one of the tastiest deli sandwiches I've had in a long time.

Hot roast beef on a Portuguese roll with bacon and bleu cheese dressing. I skipped the melted cheddar.

Knurled.
Knurled. MegaDork
2/27/19 3:45 p.m.

I'm an idiot.

I ate a big bowl of instant ramen for breakfast the morning of a morning appointment for a physical.

Well, duh, eating a bowl of salt is probably why my blood pressure was a billion over eleventy.

So I have to take another morning off and get retested next month.  Maruchan will not be on the menu.

Brett_Murphy
Brett_Murphy UltimaDork
2/27/19 4:45 p.m.
Duke said:

Ummmmm, the whole point of Breakfast Club was that people SHOULDN'T be sorted into categories because they are more than that.

MAYBE it's that they all had something in common (being teenagers at the same school will get you that). All I know is that I saw it at age 15 and it infuriated me, and I've not seen it since.

I also boiled Forest Gump down into "Do what you're told and don't make any trouble and things will work out alright for you, even if you're as dumb as a bag of hair." I haven't watched that one since, either.

nutherjrfan
nutherjrfan UltraDork
2/27/19 5:12 p.m.
AngryCorvair said:

In reply to Wally :

Runners will tell you that our digestive systems don’t always sync up with our training schedules, and sometimes we have to take a E36 M3 on the road.  If I was training in your SIL’s neighborhood, I’d take a E36 M3 in her flowerbed for you.  

Daylan C
Daylan C UltraDork
2/28/19 2:35 a.m.

If somebody tries to judge me based on my social media accounts they'd probably think I'm a sociopath. I never post anything personal. Facebook is all shared dumb garbage and Instagram is all car pics. 

Furious_E
Furious_E UltraDork
2/28/19 8:17 a.m.

Every time I see a Freelander on Craigslist, I feel compelled to click on the ad just to see whether it is advertised as running and driving. Spoiler alert: they never are. 

Duke
Duke MegaDork
2/28/19 10:32 a.m.
Brett_Murphy said:
Duke said:

MAYBE it's that they all had something in common (being teenagers at the same school will get you that). All I know is that I saw it at age 15 and it infuriated me, and I've not seen it since.

I also boiled Forest Gump down into "Do what you're told and don't make any trouble and things will work out alright for you, even if you're as dumb as a bag of hair." I haven't watched that one since, either.

Oh, I agree, Forest Gump is irredeemably awful.  But Breakfast Club isn't bad - really, they do all learn to see past the stereotypes and find common ground outside the little category boxes.

RevRico
RevRico PowerDork
2/28/19 3:22 p.m.

Every say what quote in the April issue is from MKEs Ferrari build thread. Every single quote.

I for one think that is amazing.

Daylan C
Daylan C UltraDork
3/2/19 5:46 a.m.

I was in Louisville for a day and a half and spotted a Ferrari F12 and a Fiero GT in traffic in the same 24 hour period. I think I was more impressed by the Fiero.

JamesMcD
JamesMcD SuperDork
3/2/19 8:00 a.m.
Duke said:
Brett_Murphy said:
Duke said:

Oh, I agree, Forest Gump is irredeemably awful.  But Breakfast Club isn't bad - really, they do all learn to see past the stereotypes and find common ground outside the little category boxes.

...and the nerd does everyone's work for them and is the only character in the "club" who doesn't find love. 

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy UltimaDork
3/4/19 12:00 p.m.

I never understood the plot in the song “The night the lights went out in Georgia”.  

And I’m okay with not knowing. 

Daylan C
Daylan C UltraDork
3/4/19 12:22 p.m.

Not sure why I'm surprised to find that all the cheaper rental listings in a college town are broke college kids realizing they're even more broke than they thought.

Daylan C
Daylan C UltraDork
3/5/19 2:35 a.m.

In reply to Datsun310Guy :

Simple. Her brother's wife cheated on him with his best friend so she killed his best friend and the wife. She then hid the body but left the friend so the brother could find him and be found by the cops while finding the dead friend. She then lets the brother take the fall for the murder and the brother gets convicted with basically nothing but circumstantial evidence. 

And all of that makes sense. Definitely.

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy MegaDork
3/5/19 8:20 a.m.
Daylan C said:

In reply to Datsun310Guy :

Simple. Her brother's wife cheated on him with his best friend so she killed his best friend and the wife. She then hid the body but left the friend so the brother could find him and be found by the cops while finding the dead friend. She then lets the brother take the fall for the murder and the brother gets convicted with basically nothing but circumstantial evidence. 

And all of that makes sense. Definitely.

A song sung by a sociopath.

Daylan C
Daylan C UltraDork
3/6/19 7:19 a.m.

I just realized since I gave the truck to my dad, and didn't actually follow through on buying the Mustang when a car I wanted and missed a couple years ago popped back up (I know, even after posting the build thread, car is still in the family so that thread might still get updated), my fleet is all orphans. A Saturn and a Pontiac. And the car I bailed on the Mustang for is an Eagle, making the problem even worse.

Aaron_King
Aaron_King PowerDork
3/6/19 8:47 a.m.

I am leaving for Sebring on Tuesday afternoon with my middle son and already don't want to be at work.

wae
wae SuperDork
3/6/19 2:20 p.m.

I was just awarded a bonus for a thing I did last year that I already got a bonus for doing.

Daylan C
Daylan C UltraDork
3/6/19 2:38 p.m.

In reply to wae :

Quiet. They might remember.

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy UltimaDork
3/6/19 2:39 p.m.
wae said:

I was just awarded a bonus for a thing I did last year that I already got a bonus for doing.

I had that happen and I mentioned it to my boss as I figured they would figure it out and ding me the money.  

Later they fired my boss for embezzling and he probably didn’t care if I got an extra $2,500 since he was busy working his $200,000 credit card tap dancing fraud.  

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
Mgnyq9jW8rFV2kdzhS1C44j92GCDBggllLWhRoKKAMsQ2y38LeRs4jGJIY3vG1CJ