Duke
Duke MegaDork
1/25/20 3:50 p.m.

In reply to AngryCorvair :

I should be out of the game in about 3 years at 58. I can't wait. And I even like my job. 

Brett_Murphy
Brett_Murphy UltimaDork
1/26/20 1:37 a.m.
Mndsm said:

That thing could have started on fire and I would have filmed it. 

Cars like that are the best. 

Woody
Woody MegaDork
1/26/20 9:21 a.m.

One day last year, my daughter sat at a picnic table next to a food truck and ate dinner with Earl Bamber.

This morning, I texted to tell her that she could see Earl on NBCSN, driving the #912 Porsche Factory Team car at Daytona.

I said, "He could have been your boyfriend, if he wasn't so focused on being awesome."

She agreed.

Dusterbd13-michael
Dusterbd13-michael MegaDork
1/27/20 2:00 p.m.

Because of the wuhan thing, ive been rocking wutang all day in the office. 

Ive never really listened to them before, and they dont suck!

Stampie
Stampie UltimaDork
1/27/20 6:22 p.m.

I suck at modern supercars. I had this conversation with Lil Stampie when I picked him up at school.

Me "I saw a McLaren on the way home from work!"

Him "What model?"

Me "Orange?"

spitfirebill
spitfirebill MegaDork
1/27/20 6:24 p.m.

In reply to Stampie :

Did he do a face palm? 

Stampie
Stampie UltimaDork
1/27/20 6:52 p.m.

In reply to spitfirebill :

Worse. He did the kid eye roll. 

slowbird
slowbird Dork
1/27/20 7:02 p.m.

In reply to Stampie :

It was probably a 720GTSR640SMPC-12R, or something like that. cheeky

Wally
Wally MegaDork
1/29/20 12:44 p.m.
Wally said:

I have synced my personal phone with a coworker's Bluetooth speaker.  Every so often I call him from my work phone from just through the wall from his speaker and when he picks up I blast the muppets Muh ha ma na song from my phone through his speaker.  He can't get it to stop unless he gets up and turns the speaker off.  It's much funnier than I ever imagined.  

This has brought me so much joy.  The speaker has phenomenal range so I can be way out of sight when it happens.  I haven't done it often but every so often I pull the pin, and smile. 

mtn
mtn MegaDork
1/29/20 12:54 p.m.
Wally said:
Wally said:

I have synced my personal phone with a coworker's Bluetooth speaker.  Every so often I call him from my work phone from just through the wall from his speaker and when he picks up I blast the muppets Muh ha ma na song from my phone through his speaker.  He can't get it to stop unless he gets up and turns the speaker off.  It's much funnier than I ever imagined.  

This has brought me so much joy.  The speaker has phenomenal range so I can be way out of sight when it happens.  I haven't done it often but every so often I pull the pin, and smile. 

In case you want to change up the song, I just heard on NPR that they're recording Baby Shark in different languages, including Navajo. 

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
1/29/20 1:17 p.m.
mtn said:
Wally said:
Wally said:

In case you want to change up the song, I just heard on NPR that they're recording Baby Shark in different languages, including Navajo. 

I did this to swmbo about two months ago. I checked my phone and noticed my Spotify was playing. Knowing my car was out of range for Bluetooth I investigated, and discovered that it was being used via the tv at home, and I could still control it. It was immediately changed to baby shark. Lolz were had. 

Saron81
Saron81 Reader
1/29/20 1:49 p.m.
Dusterbd13-michael said:

Because of the wuhan thing, ive been rocking wutang all day in the office. 

Ive never really listened to them before, and they dont suck!

One of the few rap groups I can listen to. 

Daylan C
Daylan C PowerDork
1/29/20 8:51 p.m.

I gave up looking for the flash drive with the 3d contour programs after roughly 3 minutes and moved on to working on other orders that didn't need those programs. An hour later I noticed that the flash drive in question was in the USB port on the console of the mill the entire time.

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair MegaDork
1/29/20 9:24 p.m.

I am less risk-tolerant than I thought.

wawazat
wawazat HalfDork
1/30/20 4:58 a.m.
AngryCorvair said:

I am less risk-tolerant than I thought.

Please re-read your post noting your age and when you plan to retire, Angry.  That should help you reconcile.  

Winter is killing me this year.  Need spring ASAP.  

dropstep
dropstep UltraDork
1/30/20 8:31 p.m.

I'm pretty much a ford fanboy but the base model fiestas we use for delivery are terrible to drive. The automatic transmission in them feels horrible. I'd rather drive my winter beater 

MrChaos
MrChaos SuperDork
1/30/20 8:35 p.m.
dropstep said:

I'm pretty much a ford fanboy but the base model fiestas we use for delivery are terrible to drive. The automatic transmission in them feels horrible. I'd rather drive my winter beater 

the manual base fiesta is fine, the auto sucks.

Knurled.
Knurled. MegaDork
1/30/20 8:39 p.m.
dropstep said:

I look forward to driving the shop loaner Focus this weekend.  It has the PowerE36 M3 transmission.

dropstep
dropstep UltraDork
1/30/20 9:49 p.m.
MrChaos said:
dropstep said:

Sadly in this day and age no business is buying a manual transmission car because that would cut the options for drivers way too far down. In my previous job for 5 of the 7 years I was the only employee that could drive a manual transmission. It used to be a requirement for the shop courtesy person there but they couldn't find anyone for the pay level 

Daylan C
Daylan C PowerDork
1/30/20 10:13 p.m.
MrChaos said:
dropstep said:

One of my past jobs involved Fiesta delivery cars. The car felt like it could be fine but the transmissions always felt broken.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
1/31/20 10:50 a.m.

I interact with a lot of you here  

I'm friends with a lot of you on Facebook. 

I'm co-following a lot of you on Instagram. 

With only a few exceptions, I have no idea how the 3 sets of usernames correlate. 

Daylan C
Daylan C PowerDork
1/31/20 10:51 a.m.

In reply to Duke :

Don't feel bad. I didn't realize that Duke(you) was in fact also Duke.

Dusterbd13-michael
Dusterbd13-michael MegaDork
1/31/20 10:52 a.m.
Duke said:

I interact with a lot of you here  

I'm friends with a lot of you on Facebook. 

I'm co-following a lot of you on Instagram. 

With only a few exceptions, I have no idea how the 3 sets of usernames correlate. 

That's why my real name is in my signature line.

Entropyman
Entropyman Reader
1/31/20 11:10 a.m.

I went to my first autocross in 2 years this last Sunday.  I finished off the street tires on the car during the event and re-caught the bug.  Since then I have purchase an additional set of wheels, new street tires, and a set of competition tires.  My confession: I am enjoying that the Fedex guy thinks I have some sort of weird tire fetish.

slowbird
slowbird Dork
1/31/20 2:38 p.m.
dropstep said:

Same, my leased Focus had that E36 M3 and it was garbage. Literally every one of them is gonna fail eventually. I'm hoping to pick up a manual Focus someday for real cheap because the autos suck so bad that they'll tank the value of all of them.

That whole ordeal has eroded my trust in Ford to do the right thing. Luckily if I stick to their older garbage, I can at least make excuses for it because of how old it is.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
LXjCwjUuXih5SoK4OYBSzcCrKFyBItnrDHjXL2vwfdISpiCwwW6h1wERxGBKck9w