slowbird
slowbird Dork
3/31/20 1:34 p.m.

I must confess that I really like turkey lunchmeat. Being stuck at home means I get to eat a lot more sandwiches than usual, and I'm not tired of it yet.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
3/31/20 1:38 p.m.

In reply to slowbird :

Dietz & Watson smoked turkey breast.  Yum.

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
3/31/20 3:26 p.m.

I have fallen down a really deep 80s monster truck videos on YouTube hole. Send help. Or join me. Either way. 

Knurled.
Knurled. MegaDork
3/31/20 3:32 p.m.
Mndsm said:

I have fallen down a really deep 80s monster truck videos on YouTube hole. Send help. Or join me. Either way. 

Old school where they just drove across the cars instead of launching?

I had a VHS of some of that stuff, when I was a kid.  Guy either won the final round, or failed to make the final round, because he came off the cars too fast and broke a knuckle.  I vividly remember that it was a closed end axle (big ball, kingpin bearings)

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
3/31/20 3:51 p.m.
Knurled. said:
Mndsm said:

Old school where they just drove across the cars instead of launching?

I had a VHS of some of that stuff, when I was a kid.  Guy either won the final round, or failed to make the final round, because he came off the cars too fast and broke a knuckle.  I vividly remember that it was a closed end axle (big ball, kingpin bearings)

Yeah. Like, front engine solid frame. Bigfoot. Pre- gravedigger. County fairs. A truck called six-foot. Etc. 

RevRico
RevRico PowerDork
3/31/20 4:04 p.m.

In reply to Mndsm :

A bunch of the old Saturday morning specials are on prime too

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
3/31/20 4:05 p.m.

i feel like I have missed the Apex of humanity. 

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
3/31/20 4:06 p.m.

Only if it's brought to you by Diamond P Motorsports, preferably recorded off of TNN.

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
3/31/20 4:18 p.m.

In reply to Appleseed :

I miss those Saturdays. 

Dusterbd13-michael
Dusterbd13-michael MegaDork
3/31/20 4:32 p.m.

I accidentally raised the ride height of the challenge car by adding stiffer springs. 

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy UltimaDork
3/31/20 4:49 p.m.
slowbird said:

I must confess that I really like turkey lunchmeat. Being stuck at home means I get to eat a lot more sandwiches than usual, and I'm not tired of it yet.

I almost eat a turkey sandwich 6-7 lunches a week.  Simplicity.

spitfirebill
spitfirebill MegaDork
3/31/20 6:56 p.m.
Datsun310Guy said:
slowbird said:

I almost eat a turkey sandwich 6-7 lunches a week.  Simplicity.

I like to switch it up with mesquite, smoked and honey roasted for a little variation.  

Woody
Woody MegaDork
3/31/20 7:03 p.m.

"Go Berk Yourself" is very close to becoming an acceptable part of normal everyday conversation here amongst the quarantined Loved Ones.

dculberson
dculberson MegaDork
3/31/20 7:40 p.m.
eastsideTim said:
dculberson said:

In reply to eastsideTim :

Ritzys recently reopened in Columbus and I've fallen in love. Usually I'm a medium burger guy but dang those are good. 

Looks like I'm headed to Columbus when the shelter in place is over.  The closest one to me before was in Huntington, WV.

I'll buy, if you can put up with two energetic kiddos at the table. 

eastsideTim
eastsideTim UberDork
3/31/20 8:19 p.m.

In reply to dculberson :

Sounds like a plan!  I’ll buy the ice cream.

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
3/31/20 8:57 p.m.
Woody said:

"Go Berk Yourself" is very close to becoming an acceptable part of normal everyday conversation here amongst the quarantined Loved Ones.

You mean it's not supposed to be normally? That explains so much. 

slefain
slefain PowerDork
4/1/20 2:43 p.m.

"Bob Hearts Abishola" is funnier than I expected.

stanger_missle
stanger_missle UltraDork
4/1/20 3:41 p.m.

I've been casually browsing Craigslist for cheap stuff to blow my $1200 stimulus check on.

This supposedly runs but the camper part has water leaks. The dude wants $1k. I would pull the biohazard on the back off and put a flatbed on.

This seems ill-advised surprise

slefain
slefain PowerDork
4/1/20 3:56 p.m.
stanger_missle said:

I've been casually browsing Craigslist for cheap stuff to blow my $1200 stimulus check on.

This supposedly runs but the camper part has water leaks. The dude wants $1k. I would pull the biohazard on the back off and put a flatbed on.

Wally
Wally MegaDork
4/1/20 4:24 p.m.
slefain said:

"Bob Hearts Abishola" is funnier than I expected.

That's one of our favorite new shows 

Brett_Murphy
Brett_Murphy MegaDork
4/1/20 6:37 p.m.
stanger_missle said:

You'll go through $1000 of respirators cleaning that up.

A guy up the road has a two compact Toyota camper trucks like that. He removed the campers from both and is building a new camper on the back of one. I think he paid $1000 for *both* of them. I should take a picture of them tomorrow.

stanger_missle
stanger_missle UltraDork
4/1/20 10:04 p.m.

In reply to Brett_Murphy :

Yeah, the more I thought about it, the more of a PITA I realized that this would be.

I don't have any room to park it besides in my driveway. I don't have a back yard to park it in and start cutting away the body.

Where would I dispose of the camper body? Have a dumpster dropped off? Between the motorhome and the dumpster, I wouldn't be able to get out of my garage.

The interior is a Class III biohazard. A respirator would be a necessity. Good luck finding one now.

The body seals against the top and rear of the cab. That would be completely open once I removed the motorhome body. I don't have any fabrication skills. Get another cab? Where? And how would I get it home?

There are too many logistical issues for me to deal with.

I'll spend the money on something else stupid smiley.

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy UltimaDork
4/1/20 10:27 p.m.

I'm thinking simplicity.  I'm 57 years old and I've wanted one of these since I was 14 years old.   

berkeleying eh.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
4/1/20 10:52 p.m.

In reply to Datsun310Guy :

I'm 15 minutes from Antioch.  If you need someone to facilitate the next logical step, let me know. 

Shadeux
Shadeux HalfDork
4/2/20 5:42 a.m.

I bought a 1965 Honda Scrambler just before the virus arrived. It's sitting in NH. Sigh.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
N2xfajOFzsdy1FmLefjJREmHoq3OwHBKmaT5EwJQqIE0ON50t41o1HRao3ukkM3f